• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Push/Pull

jwar

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am working a 4 day split routine. Monday Push or Chest, Shoulders, Triceps heavy weight low reps. Tuesday Pull or Legs, Back, Biceps, heavy weight. Wednesday Cardio. Thursday repeat Push at lower weights higher reps. And Friday repeat Pull at lower weight higher reps. Saturday Cardio. Sunday rest. Is this good for long term or do I need to switch it up to prevent a plateau? Its working great, and I am getting some good strength increases but I have hit a plateau on other plans and dont want that to happen again. Thanks for help.

I am working a 4 day split routine. Monday Push or Chest, Shoulders, Triceps heavy weight low reps. Tuesday Pull or Legs, Back, Biceps, heavy weight. Wednesday Cardio. Thursday repeat Push at lower weights higher reps. And Friday repeat Pull at lower weight higher reps. Saturday Cardio. Sunday rest. Is this good for long term or do I need to switch it up to prevent a plateau? Its working great, and I am getting some good strength increases but I have hit a plateau on other plans and dont want that to happen again. Thanks for help.

I've never talked to anyone about cycling your diet w/ the shorter cycles of a periodized training schedule. I.e. more carbs on heavy days, lower carbs on lighter, more aerobic days.

I also wonder how much time it takes to do all those muscle groups in a single training session? You might split it up into more groups of push & pull across the week instead of the same two repeated at different intensity.

no pro, but pretty sure no matter what program you do, at some point you'll plateau, thats when you step back and change everything up and start again. if what you do works cross the plateau bridge when you get there. enjoy the ride

Thanks sassy it takes about 1 1/2 hours or so for my routine. Ill work the carbs. Work schedule makes it hard to get much more in. Gotta work it when I can.

Thanks ovr40 Hope it takes a while to plateau this time.

Thanks sassy it takes about 1 1/2 hours or so for my routine. Ill work the carbs. Work schedule makes it hard to get much more in. Gotta work it when I can.

I know all about getting it all in on a tight schedule. Been doing it for years. I don't think you need more than 90 min tho. If you were including cardio I'd say MAYBE 2 hrs, but 90 min should be plenty.

This is some good reading that might give you some ideas on split variations:
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/training/60741-designing-training-routines-cowpimp.html

Your routine is confusing because it lacks a well thought out plan. I got a couple questions.

Why are you calling this a push/pull routine, since you're clearly still thinking in terms of bodyparts and not movements.
This is a good read
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/training/60738-training-101-a.html

Why is it you don't know when or if you are going to be training your lower body?
That's a sin.

What is the purpose of having high rep and low rep days in the same week?
More is not always better. Adding those extra days is doing you more harm than good.

Sassy's link is a good one, like the one I already gave you. Those are located in the stickies which have a lot of great info so I suggest you check all those posts not just the ones suggested.
Here's an additional simple read on periodization.
getlifting.info » Linear Periodization

I would suggest you take the information in the links and make a new routine.

Thanks for the posts pushandpull I've been reading the posts and will continue to revamp my routine but honestly I'm seeing substantial increases right now. And it fits my time. Are you recommending doing upper body split from lower and don't lower my weights during the week. I could stay heavy each workout. But I'm studying the stickies to find a perfect routine for me. Thanks again.

Back