• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

War Movies

irish_2003

Board Rep
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
love 'em....i like mostly ones that are half training and half combat...i'm watching Tigerland right now......what are some others you like?

love 'em....i like mostly ones that are half training and half combat...i'm watching Tigerland right now......what are some others you like?

I enjoy a good war flick. But as soon as someone starts singing or smoking out on a patrol, they become unrealistic and lame.

Still I enjoy the old ones, too. Hell's Angels to The dirty dozen to Pvt. Ryan.

Enemy at the gates is a fucking masterpiece!!

what's the storyline? which war or era?....i'm probably watching silver strand next.....i've trained with some of the Navy Spec Warfare guys....pretty standard abilities like all other other branches....good guys though

Iiron addict said it "dirty dozen" is awesome. Hamburger hill. The green zone was cool too.

hamburger hill, platoon, thin red line...

Yup!

I was gonna add, full metal jacket along with some of those you guys just listed.

i like documentaries too the rape of nanking is a good one and i have some vietnam dvds and books.

Yeah, that's what you wanna watch.

Not so much the glorification of the horrible shit it really is.

IML Gear Cream!
the hurt locker was excellent also.....

great movie...

I also enjoyed When We Were Soldiers but I can't watch it again because Mel is a douche...

so i passed on Silver Strand for now and am in the middle of Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil.....although i can't relate to the intense combat scenes, much of the flashbacks to some of their training is familiar to me throughout my time enlisted....it's fun remembering the fun and joy lol

The Thin Red Line and Platoon, along with Apocalypse Now.

Full Metal Jacket is my favorite war movoie. Some others I like are:

Apocalypse Now
Deer Hunter

Forgot about Deer Hunter. Great movie.

Platoon and Full Metal Jacket are the kind of movies you can watch almost daily. A Bridge To Far was great and so was The Big Red One

Come on now... Saving Private Ryan!

Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, Hurt Locker. I've been watching a lot of action movies lately and love war movies. Maybe ill find a new one from this thread tonight.

Sent from my phone.

IML Gear Cream!
can't believe anyone hasn't said Blackhawk Down

I always forget that was a movie.

the classic line for that movie by Tom Seizmore "everyone's shot"...lol

Damn, I forgot about Apocalypse, and the Deer Hunter. two great flicks.

what's the storyline? which war or era?....i'm probably watching silver strand next.....i've trained with some of the Navy Spec Warfare guys....pretty standard abilities like all other other branches....good guys though

It's based during WW2. It's a bad-ass movie. Just watched it for the first time in years since the wife has never seen it.

Kingdom of heaven was fucken cool. The patriot was good again Mel is a douche but its a cool movie. Master and commander is cool in a seman way lol!

On war movies, I've noticed one thing.

There is never one small explanation behind events that caused the war, or reasons certain actions were taken.

WWII war movies for example. Why did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor? Oil.

In the American Hollywood produced Vietnam war movies, Ngo Dinh Diem's name is not mentioned once. Not mentioned once, in all of the most popular Vietnam war movies.

The focus is on the individuals. With a protaganist and antagonist.

Back