• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Legalizing marijuana would hinder the multi-billion dollar empire of Mexican drug car

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Legalizing marijuana would hinder the multi-billion dollar empire of Mexican drug cartels, say some
by Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) The prohibition of marijuana in the US has led to an "underground" cannabis industry in Mexico run primarily by violent gangster cartels like the ones wreaking havoc at the southern borders of Texas, Arizona, and California.

These cartels reap anywhere from $1 to $20 billion a year illegally selling marijuana to Americans, but advocates of reform and legalization say the crime and terror associated with the illicit drug trade would largely end if marijuana was simply decriminalized.

Just a few weeks ago, Mexican soldiers burned a 300-acre field of marijuana some 200 miles south of San Diego, Calif., near Tijuana, Mex. Operated by drug cartels, the field contained a potential yield of around 120 tons of marijuana, which is worth about $160 million, according to reports. And back in October, soldiers performed another burning on 134 metric tons of vacuum-packed marijuana discovered in the same region.

The constant pursuit of cartels that grow and sell marijuana, as well as raids and burnings of marijuana fields, have led to massive cartel backlash. After the Tijuana raid and burning in October, for instance, cartels murdered 13 recovering drug addicts at a rehabilitation center.

Each victim represented ten tons of the burned marijuana, and was considered payback for it. In other words, the end result of the war on marijuana is increased violence, which reform advocates say could end with marijuana's legalization.

"There is no doubt that marijuana legalization would hurt Mexican gangsters in their pocketbooks," said Tom Angell, spokesman for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, an anti-war on drugs group, to TIME in a recent report.

Angell also believes that individual states that legalize marijuana would inspire others to do the same, which would eventually cause sweeping changes to marijuana policies everywhere.

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox also told TIME recently that he supports marijuana decriminalization on the basis that it would "take all the production chain out of the hands of criminals and into the hands of producers," all by establishing freedom for non-criminals to grow, process, distribute, and sell marijuana instead.

i wonder how employment processes would be different if legalized though? as an employer i'd not want a pothead working for me if i could help it......i'm sure the stipulation would have to be similar to alcohol (1 drink at lunchtime and no showing up intoxicated or baked)

i wonder how employment processes would be different if legalized though? as an employer i'd not want a pothead working for me if i could help it......i'm sure the stipulation would have to be similar to alcohol (1 drink at lunchtime and no showing up intoxicated or baked)

don't assume that everyone that uses MJ is a "pot head", many use it responsibly the same as others might have a drink or glass of wine at night.

It won't be any worse than dealing with people and alcohol. Alcohol is all over the place, but there aren't that many alchis. Plus, pot is way easier on the body and mind than alcohol is.

I want to legalize pot for the same reason that I want to replace oil/gas: it'll ruin the economies of shit countries. I'm also sick to death of having the government tell me what I can and can't do.

It won't be any worse than dealing with people and alcohol. Alcohol is all over the place, but there aren't that many alchis. Plus, pot is way easier on the body and mind than alcohol is.

I don't think you can compare or even put MJ in the same class as alcohol, first of all alcohol ruins lives and kills people, it makes people violent, its physically addictive, etc.

When is the last time you heard of a pot head killing himself with MJ, or being violent, or having physical withdrawals.

If we could replace alcohol with MJ it would be a different world.

The anaolgy of legalization of MJ to the retaliation killings of the addicts is not even close to being correct.

They burned their fucking crop. The cartel retaliated. If we legalize it and regulate it, they could grow it all they wanted. But the market would be so flooded it wouldn't be worth it for them. There is a huge difference in that.

I don't smoke anymore but believe it should be legal.

I don't think you can compare or even put MJ in the same class as alcohol, first of all alcohol ruins lives and kills people, it makes people violent, its physically addictive, etc.

When is the last time you heard of a pot head killing himself with MJ, or being violent, or having physical withdrawals.

I agree 100%. It was what I was alluding to.

I'm willing to bet that when pot is made legal, and enough cigarette smokers move over to it, that you'll see the rate of lung and mouth cancer plummet.

IML Gear Cream!
think how much money we save not criminalizing pot heads who just take up unneccessary room in the jails. It would be a good source of tax revenue as well. CDC has already stated that alchol is more destructive to society than meth, the latter though is more destructive to the individual, marijuana doesn't even come up on their radar.

This is what people don't understand. I used to run security for an outdoor night club and on Sunday's, it was reggae night. Most of them came in high on weed and would sneak some in, but we only had one fight on a Sunday night in the five years I was there. You never hear about violent pot heads

think how much money we save not criminalizing pot heads who just take up unneccessary room in the jails. It would be a good source of tax revenue as well. CDC has already stated that alchol is more destructive to society than meth, the latter though is more destructive to the individual, marijuana doesn't even come up on their radar.

It's insanity that marijuana is illegal.

The government has people so brainwashed on this topic that this gets treated like a legitimate debate with relevant arguments from both sides when its not the case.
Alcohol is worse for your health than pot. Period. Its destructive and it doesn't benefit society in any way when compared to other harmless drugs that grow naturally on this planet.
If it doesn't fuel the consumer based goals of the materialistic western society then the owners of the world ban it and make up some bullshit about them protecting us from ourselves.
Alcohol is only permitted as it gives people some resbite from the daily grind of working and the day after you get drunk you have benefited nothing from the experience and you go back to work like a mindless sheep.

I base my happiness on experiences as opposed to the things I own. Fuck the goverment for telling me what I can and can't do to my own body, especially when it is obvious that they are not putting my well being first.

Last edited:
This is what people don't understand. I used to run security for an outdoor night club and on Sunday's, it was reggae night. Most of them came in high on weed and would sneak some in, but we only had one fight on a Sunday night in the five years I was there. You never hear about violent pot heads
Yeah I've been to a hundred concerts and the reggae concerts are always the most mellow relaxed events, even the Eagles concert I had to avoid slipping in puke when I went to the bathroom...reggae concerts there is less drinking and everyone lays blankets or towels out in the fields so you don't have some 6'5" mountain blocking your view while standing for 2 hours and getting pushed around....

If it doesn't fuel the consumer based goals of the materialistic western society then the owners of the world ban it and make up some bullshit about them protecting us from ourselves.

And this is the crux of it. It's not the health ramifications at all. The "problem" is that it will take money from the huge cigarette companies--and to a lesser extent, the alcohol companies--and put in the pockets of small, local, growers.

When MJ goes legal, you'll see a large number of people leave cigarettes for pot. Even worse, for the tobacco corps, new generations will grow up doing pot instead of tobacco.

Pot is going to seriously cut the tobacco corps profits.

If they were smoking pot they probably wouldn't want to work for you anyway...

Yeah!!!

And phuq those messin gangsters, too.

We need to worry about these gangsters over here that wear $2000 suits and shit and pass laws they don't even read.

I want to legalize pot for the same reason that I want to replace oil/gas: it'll ruin the economies of shit countries. I'm also sick to death of having the government tell me what I can and can't do.

I agree, marijuana is so much less an issue than alcohol. You don't see too many MA groups out there, just AA and NA. It is the BIGGEST waste of government money in the history of the country this "war on drugs" and sadly the party I most closely align with just isn't seeing the light. You want to revive the American farmer and stop all the ridiculous farm subsidies, grow marijuana and use the whole plant like the US did for well over 100 years. Tax it just like cigarettes and have responsible laws about driving under the influence. These aren't difficult problems to solve and no matter the reason, it seems they are just not good enough to get past the morons in Washington (this goes for all of them, no party is devoid of re-tards as these last few weeks have proven).

IML Gear Cream!

That's the thing with mj a person could puff a j at lunch and be ready to go an hour later. Now take a person who downs a few beers at lunch it's gonna take longer for them to wear off and they'll probably be tired after and take more bathroom breaks....

Back