Arnold Schwarzenegger Drama: Former Flight Attendant Sues Tabloids

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

August 5, 2011

By now, news of ex-California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's extramarital affair with a member of his household staff is as old as "hasta la vista." But in an increasingly more complicated situation, the media is being sued for defamation during the scandal's heyday back in May -- and it's not coming from ex-wife Maria or The Terminator.

Tammy Tousignant, who worked as Schwarzenegger's personal flight attendant from 1987-1999, is asking for $40 million in damages from a number of tabloids, among them National Enquirer, the U.K.'s Daily Mail and most damningly, Gawker -- which is being sued for $10 million alone.

The lawsuit, filed July 28th by Tousignant and her lawyer, is the result of the damages suffered from libel, invasion of privacy and misappropriation of personal images used by the publications, starting in 2003 when the Daily Mail published an article claiming that Tousignant had mothered a love child with Schwarzenegger, a report that she denied.

Now the heat is on Gawker: the New York gossip website took wind of the infidelity rumors and resurfaced the Daily Mail story, then took it one step further -- securing images of Tousignant's 19-year-old son, Tanner, from his high school yearbook and suggesting the two might bear a resemblance.

It later emerged that Schwarzenegger had conducted the affair with Mildred Patricia Baena -- maid and cook of the Schwarzenegger residence for more than 10 years. In the meantime, Gawker published a retraction.

The damages were significant, claims Tousignant's lawyer Harry Frank Scolinos in a 117-page brief, which holds all of the above sources responsible:

"They were inundated with phone calls and messages. They were forced to flee their house and stay at another location. Tanner was followed. Their online accounts were hacked into. They were and continue to be the subject and scorn in their own community. Their reputations have been permanently damaged."

Ironically, Gawker Media plans on filing its own lawsuit, a first for the company, against New Jersey governor Chris Christie and Fox News chairman Roger Ailes in an unrelated action.

From Arnold Schwarzenegger Drama: Former Flight Attendant Sues Tabloids

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Background:

'It is NOT me': Former flight attendant denies she is mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger's secret love child

By Daily Mail Reporter
    May 17, 2011

A former flight attendant on Arnold Schwarzenegger's private plane today denied she is the mother of his secret love child.

Tammy Baker Tousignant, a California blonde who was in her late 20s when she worked on his private plane, gave birth to a son after an alleged affair during the Nineties.

She was initially linked to the 63-year-old in 2003 by the actor's biographer Wendy Leigh, who claimed Tousignant's son Tanner had a 'remarkable resemblance' to the star.

But today her lawyer vehemently denied a romance and insisted that a DNA test had proved the actor is not the father of her child.

Tousignant's lawyer Thomas E. Anthony told Radar Online: 'I will confirm the following: the Tousignant child was no "love child" involving anyone other than the parents of the child, Tammy and her husband, Tom Tousignant.

Not me: Tammy Baker Tousignant today denied having a love child with Arnold Schwarzenegger

Family: Tousignant in 2003 with her family including son Tanner (far right) at aged 11

'Arnold Schwarzenegger was not the biological father of the Tousignant child. All scientific tests confirmed that Mr. Tousignant was the biological father of the child.'

'From what I remember, Mrs. Tousignant had nothing but the highest regards for Maria and Arnold as a couple.'

Tousignant's name resurfaced in online reports today after Schwarzenegger admitted to fathering a child with an unnamed former employee.

Baby bombshell: Schwarzenegger today confirmed that he had a child outside of his marriage

The staff member in question is understood to have retired in January after working for Schwarzenegger and his now estranged wife Maria Shriver for 20 years.

The former Governor of California was not specific about the time of his extramarital affair, saying only that it happened 'over a decade ago'.

Leigh wrote in 2003 that at 11, Tousignant's son Tanner had a 'wide, toothy smile' and showed a 'remarkable resemblance' to the actor.
    Tanner is also the name of the actor's character in Total Recall.
    The child is now understood to have graduated from Brea Olinda High School in Brea, California last year.

Tousignant is understood to have joined Schwarzenegger as he travelled across the county.

She was married at the time of their first meeting separated from her husband in1996.

The married couple later reunited and had another son, Connor, which is the name of the hero in Terminator.

Quizzed about the allegations back in 2003, Tammy denied any romance with Schwarzenegger and insisted she was the victim of 'dirty politics'.

'There is a picture out there and they say that my son looks like Arnold. But he looks like my husband,' she said at the time. 'It is incredibly hurtful for people to be saying these things about my family.

'Everything that is being said is being said with malicious intent. Arnold was a wonderful person to work for and so was his family.'

Tousignant speculated that whispers began because Arnold was very understanding when she gave birth.

Showing the strain: Schwarzenegger's estranged wife Maria Shriver pictured in LA over the weekend

'He was very kind in the way he treated me,' she said. 'He let me have time off to spend with my son. He was having his son Christopher at about the same time with Maria, and his family was very supportive.

'In the industry that I used to work in, it is very cut-throat and people will say anything because they get jealous. But I never told anyone Tanner was Arnold's child, and it simply isn't true. People are slinging dirt because they have nothing else. I have nothing against Arnold whatsoever. He gets my vote in the election and he is going to win. I wish him all the best.

Tanner, now 22, today also denied he is Schwarzenegger's child in a Facebook message to Gawker, writing: 'I'm not his son.... don't waist your time. it was just a stupid story made up 8 years ago.'

Shriver, with whom he has four children between 13 and 21, described the news of her estranged husband's love child as 'painful and heart-breaking'.

Playing the family man: Schwarzenegger with his wife Maria and their children Katherine, Patrick, Christina and Christopher when he was returned to office

From Tammy Baker Tousignant denies she is mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child | Mail Online

BOARD REP

Rep Points

i think that the kid that arnold told to drink castor oil to get huge should sue him

www.facesoflawsuitabuse.org

we need lawsuit reform in this country badly
    www.euroking-gear.net
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

That site is a trip. I paged through and was shaking my head the entire time.

A chief petty officer told me of a relative who received $33K from an insurance company after he did a flop around on the floor after he was hit by a car. Apparently, the relative claimed whiplash.

He told me that story after I shared with him the time I was hit by a car in Indianapolis. It was on a military base there, snowing, slow speed in a parking lot where pedestrians had the right of way. I thought. lol

Went up on the guy's hood, slid off when the driver stopped short. Picked myself off the parking lot, embarrassed, gave the driver the finger and kept on walking... worried that my instinct might have ruined me if the guy was a colonel or any other officer, actually.

Never would have thought to sue as I wasn't injured.

Guess I'd be thirty grand richer is I would have done the "Ahh! My neck!" routine.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Forty million. Yeesh. I wonder if the tabs will settle out of court.

The harassment and invasion of privacy makes me more sympathetic to her and her family's cause, actually, but FORTY FREAKING MILLION? Nu uh.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Forty million. Yeesh. I wonder if the tabs will settle out of court.

The harassment and invasion of privacy makes me more sympathetic to her and her family's cause, actually, but FORTY FREAKING MILLION? Nu uh.
    punish those mother fuckers. the paparazzi are out of hand when they invade privacy. And this is clearly a case of them writing unsubstantiated shit then hiding behind a retraction. If i was part of that jury id give em 55million.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    punish those mother fuckers. the paparazzi are out of hand when they invade privacy. And this is clearly a case of them writing unsubstantiated shit then hiding behind a retraction. If i was part of that jury id give em 55million.
    Granted, they did run Princess Diana off the road (or were at least accessories).

And this family certainly had its privacy invaded...