IronMag Labs.com

Former Jet Ski world Champ wants back into bikini shape

Rep Points

Former Jet Ski world Champ wants back into bikini shape

My mom has been a athlete throughout her whole life and has been hounding me to set her up on a cutting cycle and training plan. She's kinda starting to get down on herself cause results in the gym are not coming as fast as they used to when she was younger. I was thinking of putting her on a clen/t3 stack and see how she takes to that.

Her Stats:
    5"8.5
    50 years old
    175lbs

Diet= moderatly low carb, and mostly chicken breasts, and red wine
    Cardio: Daily

Any suggestions or advice would be awesome.

Thanks,
    K.Dallas

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Lose the red wine & optimize the diet. Your results are only as good as the protocol you follow. I don't like the idea of playing around w/ self-medication w/ the existing program isn't already optimized. Sadly one part of getting older is learning to adapt to the changes in your body & metabolism. And to this point, I don't like the idea of setting the expectation of looking to self-medication to make up the difference. You can't then, rely on self-medication every time you want to see results.

I'm in the same boat myself - I just turned 46 and I'm trying to cut 10 lb of lean muscle mass as well as my off-season fluff to compete in a lower category (bodybuilding to women's physique) and I am having to learn how to change up what I'm doing as the stuff I did the last 20 yrs ain't working so good anymore.

I would suggest if you can, post up her diet. It may sound "clean" but it may be lacking in things that are actually hindering her from reaching her goals. The red wine is big fat red flag to me - even if it is intended to be just 1-2 glasses / nite for resveritol value. Also is she getting good quality fat and what are her total cals?

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Rep Points

Thanks, Here is some more info on daily activities and diet.

Daily Diet:

breakfast: turkey bacon, and 2 eggs
    Noon: Tuna, a cup of rice (white)
    3pm: Tuna , cup of rice (white)
    6pm: Chicken Breast, cup of brown rice
    9pm: Chicken Breast, Wheat pasta (usually no sauce)
    9:30pm: Red Wine

Daily cardio routine:
    Morning bike ride 3.2 miles
    Evening bike ride 3.2 miles

Gym: 4-5:30
    Stairs for 25min
    Lunges- Mon- Wed-Fri
    Box Squats- Mon-wed- Fri
    Tri's/arms- Tues- thurs- Sat
    Core work- Tues- thurs- Sat

Circuit (Mon- Sat)
    I also set her up with a mild timed circuit to finish workout, consisting of assisted pull-ups, mason twist with med ball, jacobs ladder, and wall sits.

Her motivation level is pretty good, and she seems to give good effort in gym. Will try to get her to let me post some pics.

Thanks again
    K.dallas

Gettin it in
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by K.Dallas View Post
    Thanks, Here is some more info on daily activities and diet.

Daily Diet:

breakfast: turkey bacon, and 2 eggs
    Noon: Tuna, a cup of rice (white)
    3pm: Tuna , cup of rice (white)
    6pm: Chicken Breast, cup of brown rice
    9pm: Chicken Breast, Wheat pasta (usually no sauce)
    9:30pm: Red Wine

Daily cardio routine:
    Morning bike ride 3.2 miles
    Evening bike ride 3.2 miles

Gym: 4-5:30
    Stairs for 25min
    Lunges- Mon- Wed-Fri
    Box Squats- Mon-wed- Fri
    Tri's/arms- Tues- thurs- Sat
    Core work- Tues- thurs- Sat

Circuit (Mon- Sat)
    I also set her up with a mild timed circuit to finish workout, consisting of assisted pull-ups, mason twist with med ball, jacobs ladder, and wall sits.

Her motivation level is pretty good, and she seems to give good effort in gym. Will try to get her to let me post some pics.

Thanks again
    K.dallas
    I would personally drop white rice for brown, unless its PWO. I would also change up the training days to allow more recovery.

"The P90X Dvd is great .... as a coaster for my drink or to spread mayo on my sandwiches."- Merkaba

Rep Points

What are everyones thoughts on setting her up on some t3 and clen

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I agree - that's a LOT of carbs. If you put that into a food counts program you'll find your around 240 g carbs. I have no idea what her metabolism is like, but that's a lot of carbs if you're trying to cut and are not engaged in anything that really requires fueling for endurance. I'd suggest a carb cycle instead. I'd also dump the pasta thing that late at night and go for more of a protein / fat combination and I've already made my comment about the red wine. I did that once for one of my preps cuz my trainer said it would help me sleep - I beg to differ. Personally I think it contributed to making that one of the worst competition experiences I ever had. I'd save it for a cheat meal / week and make it more of a treat.

The carbs is the reason I'd argue against the t3/clen - that's like gorging on shit food and then throwing in t3 expecting to get results. You're sending your body two different messages - high carbs to build while throwing in t3 that is catabolic. It may get some results but nothing like what you'd expect for the effort of putting your body under the stress of a thyroid medication & clen.

Also where's the veggies and some good fats?

Also curious if she's had her thyroid checked recently? Age-related changes suck but particularly in women hypothyroidism can start to show up. Another reason I'd argue for not self-medicating just yet. If you want to play w/ your thyroid you need to know where it stands naturally.
    Last edited by sassy69; 08-10-2011 at 09:50 AM.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.