• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

HGH burns fat and increases LBM in elderly

GMO

Board Rep
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
From the New England Journal of Medicine:

Background.

The declining activity of the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) axis with advancing age may contribute to the decrease in lean body mass and the increase in mass of adipose tissue that occur with aging.

Methods.

To test this hypothesis, we studied 21 healthy men from 61 to 81 years old who had plasma IGF-I concentrations of less than 350 U per liter during a six-month base-line period and a six-month treatment period that followed. During the treatment period, 12 men (group 1) received approximately 0.03 mg of biosynthetic human growth hormone per kilogram of body weight subcutaneously three times a week, and 9 men (group 2) received no treatment. Plasma IGF-I levels were measured monthly. At the end of each period we measured lean body mass, the mass of adipose tissue, skin thickness (epidermis plus dermis), and bone density at nine skeletal sites. In group 1, the mean plasma IGF-I level rose into the youthful range of 500 to 1500 U per liter during treatment, whereas in group 2 it remained below 350 U per liter. The administration of human growth hormone for six months in group 1 was accompanied by an 8.8 percent increase in lean body mass, a 14.4 percent decrease in adipose-tissue mass, and a 1.6 percent increase in average lumbar vertebral bone density (P<0.05 in each instance). Skin thickness increased 7.1 percent (P = 0.07). There was no significant change in the bone density of the radius or proximal femur. In group 2 there was no significant change in lean body mass, the mass of adipose tissue, skin thickness, or bone density during treatment.

see, now we are talking, great research brother, just fucking great. you have a link to the study? just incase anyone wants to see it.

now, the debate of frag vs hgh is on...

Wouldn't taking Igf-1 be the same as hGH since this study is based on the igf1 level alone?

see, now we are talking, great research brother, just fucking great. you have a link to the study? just incase anyone wants to see it.

now, the debate of frag vs hgh is on...

I sure do:

MMS: Error

(Says error, but will redirect to appropriate URL)

Hell I know that when I get older, I wouldn't mind getting on some sort of legal "therapy" :clapping:

Wouldn't taking Igf-1 be the same as hGH since this study is based on the igf1 level alone?

Same question. I'm wondering how beneficial it'd be to stick both my folks (55+) on 2iu of hgh a day :hmmm:

Same question. I'm wondering how beneficial it'd be to stick both my folks (55+) on 2iu of hgh a day :hmmm:

It takes a good six months to notice a huge difference, but they will like it. I saw an interview of an ex-NFL player and his wife who were in their mid-sixties. They had been on it for a couple years. He still lifts and she runs and does aerobics and shit. At 65 years old!

GH is great if you run it long enough and run it at a reasonable dose.

GH = The "Fountain of Youth"

Is 1 iu, once am once pm, 5 on 2 off an acceptable protocol for elderly?

Back