• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

potential?

ahiggs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok so, i have been training about a year and a half, i am 5'8" 208lbs 37 years old. when i started i was very week, 155lbs bench 90lb shoulder press 205'lb deadlift and 3/4 squat. right now i have 225x6 bench, 155x5 press, 405x6 deadlift, and 315x5 squats. my short term goals are 225 press, 315 bench, 405 squat, and 495 deadlift. i am sure i will be able to hit these goals, but long term i want to hit them each for 10. i think i have pretty good genetics, my dad use to have 675 squats and deadlifts for doubles and we are built about the same. my question is do you think my long term goals are reasonable and achievable at my age, or am i just blowing smoke up my own ass?
thanks
sorry so long winded

If you train smart and consistently there is never any reason that you can't continue to improve your lifts (beyond a major biomechanic flaw). However, as you progress your gains will come slower due to the inability for your body to be subjected to such stress. There are a ton of people here a lot older than you who see gains all the time.

Keep at it and make sure you are training the right way and you are guaranteed to get where you want to go.

thanks man!! i wish i had gotten into the iron game about 10 or 15 years ago

Guy in my gym is in his early 50's and hits 405 on bench for a single. Not a massive guy just kinda big(not fat though). Never give up. Just keep pushing you will reach your goals. BOL

I am not quite as optimistic towards your goals. Don't get me wrong, I agree you can do it, but those are some decent numbers for singles...let alone sets of 10. It seems that at your age that will take a lot of determination. I am not saying you can, I just know that it's all on you to bust your ass and do it.

I didn't write to be a debbie downer, I wanted to say nice work on getting to where you are. Your progress and dedication so far is the only reason it seems like you can get to those numbers.

ok so, i have been training about a year and a half, i am 5'8" 208lbs 37 years old. when i started i was very week, 155lbs bench 90lb shoulder press 205'lb deadlift and 3/4 squat. right now i have 225x6 bench, 155x5 press, 405x6 deadlift, and 315x5 squats. my short term goals are 225 press, 315 bench, 405 squat, and 495 deadlift. i am sure i will be able to hit these goals, but long term i want to hit them each for 10. i think i have pretty good genetics, my dad use to have 675 squats and deadlifts for doubles and we are built about the same. my question is do you think my long term goals are reasonable and achievable at my age, or am i just blowing smoke up my own ass?
thanks
sorry so long winded

Back