IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Can you say LOSER...

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Can you say LOSER...

William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Diagnosed bipolar.

"[...] he's made well over $14 million since joining the NBA in 2004. The guy should have a nest egg, there's no doubt, but he's also dealing with chemical imbalances that could either make his online fulminations worrisome (West might be out of money) or understandable (he could be sitting on a mountain of cash, and just working through some embarrassment over the lockout publicly).

Either way, let's slow down a bit before we cackle away at a guy either trying to set up a legitimate offseason gig, or someone who might be working through his ups and downs online."

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

that's what happens when people make "easy" money, they don't value it.

all my friends that work for Goldman's, Lehman Brothers, Deutsche Bank, etc. years ago all had Ferrari's, Lambos, etc. now all those mutherfukers are broke and declaring bankruptcy.

easy come easy go
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    that's what happens when people make "easy" money, they don't value it.

all my friends that work for Goldman's, Lehman Brothers, Deutsche Bank, etc. years ago all had Ferrari's, Lambos, etc. now all those mutherfukers are broke and declaring bankruptcy.

easy come easy go
    2x

Rep Points

Not sure calling him a loser is warranted. You will see these types of people all over the place. Some are born and bred to spend relentlessly and others are so frugal they go through their lifetime with the same shoes/clothing. At least he is doing something about it, instead of just wasting away or being someone elses' burden.
    Just a girl.... Looking for muscles!!

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_Girl View Post
    Not sure calling him a loser is warranted. You will see these types of people all over the place. Some are born and bred to spend relentlessly and others are so frugal they go through their lifetime with the same shoes/clothing. At least he is doing something about it, instead of just wasting away or being someone elses' burden.
    not just him, any athlete that is given that kind of money and can't hold onto it..

60% of NFL players retire in bankruptcy...it's what happens when people are given large amounts of money to do things that they never ever would have been able to earn through the regular work methods.

as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted...

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

not just him, any athlete that is given that kind of money and can't hold onto it..

60% of NFL players retire in bankruptcy...it's what happens when people are given large amounts of money to do things that they never ever would have been able to earn through the regular work methods.

as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted...
    Have more than one family member who are very conservative for spending. They budget and consider their purchases.

I've always followed my grandpa's philosophy, "It's only money. I'll make more."

I live in a shoebox apartment, have my share of nine dollar shirts (Thank you, Target!), and am not big on extravagant toys. But I do own a Harley and eat out just about every night. In many ways, I am that fool and his money, but I only have myself to pay for and that takes a lot of the stress/responsibility away.

Good for this guy working wherever the hell he pleases. Hopefully he saves some of it for that rainy day.

Does the NBA have a retirement fun of some kind?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Does the NBA have a retirement fun of some kind?
    all professional sports leagues in the US have pensions plans. the plan by the NBA also has profit sharing, it's very generous.

the hypocrisy in the US is mind boggling. the sheep don't bitch and moan when an athlete or movie start want's a bigger share of "profits" but when the average person does they are a POS or belong to a "greedy" union, etc...lol fucking retarded americans

De oppresso liber

Rep Points

At least he has a job, unlike the other 10% of the nation.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Killermonkey View Post
    At least he has a job, unlike the other 10% of the nation.
    the 14M jobs we are short certainly doesn't cause high unemployment numbers...

De oppresso liber

Rep Points

Don't start with me sunshine!

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

all professional sports leagues in the US have pensions plans. the plan by the NBA also has profit sharing, it's very generous.

the hypocrisy in the US is mind boggling. the sheep don't bitch and moan when an athlete or movie start want's a bigger share of "profits" but when the average person does they are a POS or belong to a "greedy" union, etc...lol fucking retarded americans
    Excuse me?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Excuse me?

sorry but that is the way I feel as they have allowed themselves to become that way. people forgot many decades ago that TV was made for ENTERTAINMENT and not where you get accurate information from, that is what books are for.

growing up I was not allowed to watch much tv at all, really didn't until I got out of the Navy at 26. in my house my parents refereed to tv as "the idiot box".

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

haha, idiot box. I like that.