Conservative radio and tv personalities being hypocritical?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Regular user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Conservative radio and tv personalities being hypocritical?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I love the Factor, nobody beats Bill in the no spin zone "FUCK IT,DO IT LIVE"

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Conservative talking heads on TV hypocrites no fuking way!

Gary Richardson: Associate Professor of Economics at the University of California, Irvine, and a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research.

The Truth about Redistribution: Republicans Receive, Democrats Disburse
    http://www.socsci.uci.edu/~garyr/C_o...ists_voice.pdf
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Regular user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ExLe View Post
    I love the Factor, nobody beats Bill in the no spin zone "FUCK IT,DO IT LIVE"

This thread was started for a discussion on a certain issue...not for knob nibbling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I apologize

Now regarding your post

The union bashing is for Public unions not private unions.

There is a huge difference between unions in the private sector and unions in the public sector.

Public sector unions screw the states. They take there members dues and slush fund it to democratic campains in return for cadilac plans for there members with no consideration of the cost to the state and the tax payers.

Yes the union members benifit, but at what cost? This is why my state of CA is bankrupt. The tax payers are now on the hook for lavish pensions and the Gov. chooses these sweet heart deals because the unions elected him.

This is why the good people of Wisconsin elected Gov. Walker. To clean up the mess his Democratic predesessors have made with their States budget.

O'reilly is praising his private sector union. private sector unions due serve a good purpose as they provide a good balance between employee and employer. Since the company has to pay for the benifits they will actually review the terms and make sure it is feesable for the buisness.

This is not the case when it comes to public unions. Both the Elected official,Gov. and the unions are representing the same interest and the tax payers eat the cost.

This is just some left wing smear article. I hope I contributed enough to your thread now can I just once "Fuck it do it live"

Regular user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I apologize

Now regarding your post

There is a huge difference between unions in the private sector and unions in the public sector.

Public sector unions screw the states. They take there members dues and slush fund it to democratic campains in return for cadilac plans for there members with no consideration of the cost to the state and the tax payers.

Yes the union members benifit, but at what cost? This is why my state of CA is bankrupt. The tax payers are now on the hook for lavish pensions and the Gov. chooses these sweet heart deals because the unions elected him.

This is why the good people of Wisconsin elected Gov. Walker. To clean up the mess his Democratic predesessors have made with their States budget.

O'reilly is praising his private sector union. private sector unions due serve a good purpose as they provide a good balance between employee and employer. Since the company has to pay for the benifits they will actually review the terms and make sure it is feesable for the buisness.

This is not the case when it comes to public unions. Both the Elected official,Gov. and the unions are representing the same interest and the tax payers eat the cost.

This is just some left wing smear article. I hope I contributed enough to your thread now can I just once "Fuck it do it live"
    well that's a start. Now, some proof? studies that show the negative vs. positive when it comes to public unions. LAM has posted several in favor of the unions but i've yet to see any that back your point up.

I think anything that takes power away from the working people and increases power for the government and employers, is not positive.

What happened to blue collar people being able to buy and pay for homes and have some financial freedom. Wasn't that the case in the "good'ol days" that some people keep ranting about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Watch this video. It explains what i am talking about.

Why collective bargaining for public unions is a corrupt deal « Public Secrets

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

I apologize

Now regarding your post

you are wrong on all counts.

and Scott Walker hasn't done jack diddly. when he first got into office he gave all the states monies away for tax giveaways to corporations. supply-side tax cuts have never created jobs in US economic history and there is no data anywhere that supports claims of this. he made a bad situation worst as tax as receipts always decrease substantially during recessions, making various budget deficits worst. he did that then came up with a "fix"...and people still fall for this bs, seriously?

* - Unions Help Bring Up Wages for All Persons

Economic Policy Institute
    HOW UNIONS HELP ALL WORKERS
    http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefi...43.pdf?nocdn=1

* 2010 ILO Global Wage Report

Page. 42 - 4.2 The macroeconomic effects of wages

" In fact, a number of observers have established links between the long-term decline in the wage share, the increase in wage inequality and the global economic crisis. While there are, of course, many factors which have triggered the crisis, a group of 30 distinguished experts led by Jean-Paul Fitoussi and Joseph Stiglitz considered that the crisis had its structural roots in the decline in aggregate demand that preceded
    the crisis and which was due to changes in income distribution. They argue that the increase in inequality in the years before the crisis depressed aggregate demand by transferring money from low-income households – which have a high propensity to spend – to households with higher incomes, which tend to spend less and save more. 56 In the United States, this fall in aggregate demand was compensated for by increased borrowing, so that growth was maintained at the cost of increased indebtedness. A similar argument is made by others, 57 who contend that the decline in the wage share before the crisis underlies the development of the United States’ “debt-led consumption model”, which ultimately proved to be unsustainable."

Page. 59

"We estimate that in countries with a union density of less than 15 per cent, the incidence of low pay is, on average, close to 25 per cent. This low-pay incidence is reduced by 3 percentage points for the countries with a medium level of union density (between 15 and 50 per cent) and is almost halved to 12.3 per cent in countries with high coverage (higher than 50 per cent). It is striking that the effects of union membership become particularly strong
    when the majority of workers are affiliated with trade unions, in comparison to the relatively small difference between the countries with low and medium levels."

- The US has the highest level of low paid workers out of all OECD countries at 25% of the labor force. The rate of unionization in the US is 13%. The US also has the 3rd highest rate of poverty behind Mexico and Turkey.

Page. 80 - Regarding the Banking Collapse in 2007

"Another emerging concern is the fact that wage stagnation before the crisis may actually have contributed to the crisis and also weakened the ability of economies to recovery quickly. Although there are many other factors involved in triggering the global financial and economic crisis, one view is that the crisis had its structural roots in the decline in aggregate demand that preceded the crisis. Redistribution from wages to profits and from median-wage earners to high wage earners reduced aggregate demand by transferring income from individuals with a high propensity to spend to people who save more. Before the crisis, some countries were able to maintain household consumption through increased indebtedness, while other countries based their economic growth mainly on exports. This model, however, has proved to be unsustainable. In the future, countries may find it in their interests to base their economic growth on stronger household consumption, and on household consumption that is anchored in earned income rather than based on increasing debt."

* State Pensions ARE NOT BANKRUPTING STATES

The National Association of State Retirement Administrators
    http://www.nasra.org/resources/Publi...heet110125.pdf

* State Pensions were MISMANAGED

http://downloads.pewcenteronthestate...eets_final.pdf

* Regarding Unions vs Right to Work States

Does ‘Right-to-Work’ Create Jobs? Answers from Oklahoma
    http://epi.3cdn.net/71b6af16eb5e2f26cc_atm6iihec.pdf
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Here we go again...

I am only bashing PUBLIC UNIONS. Your entire copy paste post included private unions. I have no problem with private unions and like I said before Yes they serve there purpose.

You want facts, CA my state has a severe budget defecit. We are broke. WHY? The amount of money the state has to pay for state employees pensions is more than the state brings in and can no longer afford them. Only %12 of people living in CA will benifit from these pensions and the other %88 are screwed and will see major budget cuts like fire fighters,cops,school teachers losing there jobs so a few retired state employees can get there pensions. Now does that make sence?

If collective bargaining so great why don't federal employees have it?

Why was FDR one of the most liberal wealth redistributor even against PUBLIC unions?

Because it leads to the mess we have in CA. And how could you say Walker has done nothing in Wisconsin.

Governor Scott K. Walker put pen to paper and signed his first two-year budget. It erases a defict of more than $3 billion dollars, ushers in significant education reforms and freezes local property taxes…all without raising taxes. When you add in the chaotic atmosphere in Madison and the tumultuous nature of politics in the Badger State, what Walker has accomplished in such a short time is quite remarkable.
    From the MacIver News Service:

…Walker’s plan received high praise from Wisconsin’s business community.
    “Governor Walker and legislative Republicans deserve tremendous credit for making tough decisions to balance the state budget without raising taxes,” said Kurt R. Bauer, President/CEO of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce. “The budget provides greater certainty for business executives and that should encourage job growth.”
    The budget eliminates the state’s $3.6 billion deficit. Only seven states in the nation faced larger per capita deficits than Wisconsin.

If you call eliminating a states $3.6 billion deficit nothing, then I would love to hear you describe what Obama has done so far.

.45 ACP rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Here we go again...

I am only bashing PUBLIC UNIONS. Your entire copy paste post included private unions. I have no problem with private unions and like I said before Yes they serve there purpose.

You want facts, CA my state has a severe budget defecit. We are broke. WHY? The amount of money the state has to pay for state employees pensions is more than the state brings in and can no longer afford them. Only %12 of people living in CA will benifit from these pensions and the other %88 are screwed and will see major budget cuts like fire fighters,cops,school teachers losing there jobs so a few retired state employees can get there pensions. Now does that make sence?

Why was FDR one of the most liberal wealth redistributor even against PUBLIC unions?

Because it leads to the mess we have in CA. And how could you say Walker has done nothing in Wisconsin.

Governor Scott K. Walker put pen to paper and signed his first two-year budget. It erases a defict of more than $3 billion dollars, ushers in significant education reforms and freezes local property taxes…all without raising taxes. When you add in the chaotic atmosphere in Madison and the tumultuous nature of politics in the Badger State, what Walker has accomplished in such a short time is quite remarkable.

“Governor Walker and legislative Republicans deserve tremendous credit for making tough decisions to balance the state budget without raising taxes,” said Kurt R. Bauer, President/CEO of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce. “The budget provides greater certainty for business executives and that should encourage job growth.”
    The budget eliminates the state’s $3.6 billion deficit. Only seven states in the nation faced larger per capita deficits than Wisconsin.

If you call eliminating a states $3.6 billion deficit nothing, then I would love to hear you describe what Obama has done so far.
    LAM was talking about public unions. Including private unions is a non-issue.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Here we go again...

Zaphod is correct..only public unions

this stuff isn't rocket science...if pension plan managers and unions negotiated higher contribution rates during economic downturns it would be a non-issue. this was one of the problems addressed by the Pew Center. unfortunately the majority of the financial talent in the US goes to work for Wall street or in finance as it is the only sector of the economy where annual pay raises are a lock. so things like pension plans are managed by people who just don't have the proper skills. many of the pension plans took losses by buying into high risk stocks, or toxic investments so they lost monies.

one of the primary focuses of the public owned business is maximum employment, it's why it's so hard for fed employees to get fired. this is why their pay generally lags slightly behind the private sector it is not the top priority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The last 3 links posted are about Public unions, but the post is talking unions in general.

I think we have gotten away from what the original thread was about. The thread and links were saying Bill O'reilly was a hypocrit for praising his union and at the same time bashing unions. As I stated his criticism has been toward public unions that have bankrupted certain states, not private sector unions. This should be the end of the discussion.

Bill O'reilly is a patriot and he looks out for the folks. He is always fair and gives both sides their say. He is number 1 in the ratings so he is always getting attacked by some smear.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

TAs I stated his criticism has been toward public unions that have bankrupted certain states, not private sector unions.
    but they haven't it's bullshit..there is no data to support that statement. various states had deficit problems that are compounded by pension funding issues, they were not the initial cause. most problems have multiple causes this is simply another case of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

FACT CHECK: Approximately 85% of California's 235,000 employees (not including higher education employees) are unionized. And there are now more than 15,000 government retirees statewide who receive pensions that exceed $100,000 a year, according to the California Foundation for Fiscal Responsibility. Furthermore, over the past decade pension costs for public employees increased 2,000% while state revenues increased only 24% over the same period. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424…

That being said.............Does it seem reasonable to ANY OF YOU that California (and many states like them) have multi-billion dollar budget deficits and double digit unemployment, while hundreds of thousands of unionized state employees use their collective bargaining to demand scheduled pay increases and pension benefits that cost hundreds of billions? And all at the expense of you, me, and the rest of the taxpayers???

We can debate about public unions all day and post columns that support our opinions. It wont change our opinions we have.

Start a new thread about unions if you like, but this thread was trying to bash O'reilly calling him a hypocrit. Do you belive he is a hypocrit about the unions or do you see the difference in his critisism for public and praise for his private U.?

Bill O'reilly looks out for the folks, he is a simple man.

Regular user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

simply having a job means nothing if the employer has the power to pay you way less then you need to even come close to surviving. This is what is so ass backwards, IMO, you work to pay for costs of living and hopefully put some money in savings. If the corporation has all the power, they will of course chose to pay their lower level and easily replaceable workforce, the lowest pay possible.

Lets put all the statistics to the side for a second and answer this, what good does it do for the economy if the common people do not have enough money to actually put it back into the economy?

Another thing is the taking away of min. wage. Somehow, somebody came up with the brilliant idea that if there was no min. wage, companies could hire more people. That logic only makes sense if the companies pay the workers less money, thus using the money saved on payroll to hire more people. Problem is, people already get paid to little to live so what is the sense in having more people getting paid even less?

Extreme capitalists have lied to the people for a long time. The notion that the interest of the corporation and the people is the same. They say that if they make more money they can create more jobs. The actual interest of the corporation is to spend as little as possible while making as much as possible. Paying people fairly does not fall under their interests since it would raise their payroll costs.