Join Now!


Am I gay for liking this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 58
  1. #1
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Am I gay for liking this?


  2. #2
    SeƱor Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    MCx2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    7,870
    Rep Points
    37022201

    I was gonna say "no", then I clicked on the video and a comment said:

    "Thumbs up if you liked this song before you saw Glee"

    Absolutely, 100% Gay.

  3. #3
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    oh maaaaan, do I have to tell my wife that I am?

  4. #4
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    oh maaaaan, do I have to tell my wife that I am?
    Don't sweat it, man. You're not gay.


    You're bisexual.





  5. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    u know where we be
    Posts
    959
    Rep Points
    7993674

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Don't sweat it, man. You're not gay.


    You're bisexual.



    no he is gay for sure. not sure what that makes me coz i have it as my ringtone

  6. #6
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat09091974 View Post
    no he is gay for sure. not sure what that makes me coz i have it as my ringtone
    Gay pimp?


  7. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    u know where we be
    Posts
    959
    Rep Points
    7993674

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Gay pimp?
    ill get back to ya

  8. #8
    Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER
    Built's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    .
    Posts
    11,337
    Rep Points
    409983817

    It's my current fave; for what it's worth, I'm not gay but whatever.

    This version is better:


    There are so many things I like about this piece it's hard to just pick out one thing.

    For one, the music itself is gorgeous - I mean, really, dual harps.

    And then we have the visuals - blue oompa lumpa girls, tribal influences from England and abroad - set amidst a Heavenly white backdrop it's like an elegant, exotic feast served on fine white porcelain.

    The lead sing - Florence Welsh, the "Florence" of the group, is still really young (DOB 28 Aug 1986) to have come up with such a richly detailed piece, so I went digging. Wikipedia has a nice writeup on Welch. Her mom's a Professor of Renaissance Studies and her dad's an advertising exec, which to me explained a lot about Welsh's use of symbols.

    The subject of Dog Days very difficult to prepare without coming off as smarmy: joy. Welsh gets around this by speaking of it as the transition from its opposite - "the dog days are over". In contrast to bad times, happiness is indeed startling, like a bullet to the head, like a train on a track. Mistrustful, the protagonist tries to shake it off but finds herself transfixed. Happiness simply takes her.

    Brilliant work.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

    Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

    Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)



    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

  9. #9
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    It's my current fave; for what it's worth, I'm not gay but whatever.

    This version is better:


    There are so many things I like about this piece it's hard to just pick out one thing.

    For one, the music itself is gorgeous - I mean, really, dual harps.

    And then we have the visuals - blue oompa lumpa girls, tribal influences from England and abroad - set amidst a Heavenly white backdrop it's like an elegant, exotic feast served on fine white porcelain.

    The lead sing - Florence Welsh, the "Florence" of the group, is still really young (DOB 28 Aug 1986) to have come up with such a richly detailed piece, so I went digging. Wikipedia has a nice writeup on Welch. Her mom's a Professor of Renaissance Studies and her dad's an advertising exec, which to me explained a lot about Welsh's use of symbols.

    The subject of Dog Days very difficult to prepare without coming off as smarmy: joy. Welsh gets around this by speaking of it as the transition from its opposite - "the dog days are over". In contrast to bad times, happiness is indeed startling, like a bullet to the head, like a train on a track. Mistrustful, the protagonist tries to shake it off but finds herself transfixed. Happiness simply takes her.

    Brilliant work.
    Yea I like this version too.

    The great thing about it to me is that she manages to slaughter the charts with a song that is so far from "pop" culture as it possibly could be. And like you said, the subject of "the dog days" is brilliant and so very relevant, even though most people that like it probably don't get the subliminal message of the song.

    Happiness, hit her like a train on a track
    Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back
    She hid around corners and she hid under beds
    She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
    With every bubble she sank with a drink
    And washed it away down the kitchen sink

    The dog days are over
    The dog days are done
    The horses are coming
    So you better run

    Run fast for your mother run fast for your father
    Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
    Leave all your love and your longing behind you
    Can't carry it with you if you want to survive

    The dog days are over
    The dog days are done
    Can you hear the horses
    'Cause here they come
    [ Lyrics from: Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over Lyrics ]
    And I never wanted anything from you
    Except everything you had
    And what was left after that too. oh.

    Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back
    Struck from a great height
    By someone who should know better than that

    The dog days are over
    The dog days are gone
    Can you hear the horses
    'Cause here they come

    Run fast for your mother and fast for your father
    Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
    Leave all your love and your longing behind you
    Can't carry it with you if you want to survive

    The dog days are over
    The dog days are gone
    Can you hear the horses
    Because here they come

    The dog days are over
    The dog days are gone
    Can you hear the horses
    Because here they come


    To me she is not only describing a situation but also a transition. In our reality though the situation is evident but the transition has yet to come and might not.

    "Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back
    Struck from a great height
    By someone who should know better than that"

    If us Americans don't get this message, there is no hope.

  10. #10
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Don't sweat it, man. You're not gay.


    You're bisexual.



    that means i can have sex twice in one night right?

  11. #11
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    "I never wanted anything from you except everything you had"

    to me, this song embodies the contradiction that today's world's situation is.

    Like killing in the name of faith (yea we do it too), just to dumb it down a little.

  12. #12
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    that means i can have sex twice in one night right?
    Yep. Catcher and pitcher.


  13. #13
    AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP
    SFW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    w/Geared Jesus ♂
    Posts
    9,280
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Time to Re-up your adex supply

  14. #14
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    Time to Re-up your adex supply
    What is adex? I googled it and came up with this .: ADEX U.S.A :.. This can't possibly be what you meant?

  15. #15
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Yep. Catcher and pitcher.
    What does baseball have to do with sex?

  16. #16
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,207
    Rep Points
    81654611

    One of the most over-played songs I can currently think of. I just can't stand hearing it anymore.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    dogsoldier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    560985160

    Tell us, besides the music, do you cry when watching a movie, also?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    dogsoldier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    560985160

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    What is adex? I googled it and came up with this .: ADEX U.S.A :.. This can't possibly be what you meant?

    THAT is definitly a gay guy's web page. Look at all those design features!

  19. #19
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    Tell us, besides the music, do you cry when watching a movie, also?

    I cried like a little girl when I was playing ball and on the only cycle of gear I ever did. I was watching click with Adam Sandler. The scene where he is old and runs out of the hospital and collapses in the rain.

    oh and also when I watched the tent scene in broke back mountain, the passionate love making between those guys just got to me.

    That's not gay though, just sensitive.

  20. #20
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    THAT is definitly a gay guy's web page. Look at all those design features!
    Doesn't that say something about the guy that referred me to it?

  21. #21
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    One of the most over-played songs I can currently think of. I just can't stand hearing it anymore.
    I only listen to CD's or talk radio so I don't have that problem

  22. #22
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,207
    Rep Points
    81654611

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    I only listen to CD's or talk radio so I don't have that problem
    I don't listen to music on the radio that often, but still the song finds itself elsewhere.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  23. #23
    Registered Abuser
    BillHicksFan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    At the centre of infinity
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Points
    457939114

    Florence is fckn awesome, dude. You're still gay though.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    ELITE MEMBER
    big60235's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    6 ft deep and diggin
    Posts
    959
    Rep Points
    45117400

    Yes, no stroking your delicate ego here. Just go with it.
    The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies. ~ Charles Manson

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  25. #25
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by big60235 View Post
    Yes, no stroking your delicate ego here. Just go with it.
    my ego is not delicate, its sensitive!

  26. #26
    Has lost 58lbs!
    ELITE MEMBER
    TheGreatSatan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Your Moms closet
    Posts
    12,939
    Rep Points
    114982039

    That song is in my library

  27. #27
    Registered User
    ELITE MEMBER
    castlehill's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    132
    Rep Points
    1934879

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    I cried like a little girl when I was playing ball and on the only cycle of gear I ever did. I was watching click with Adam Sandler. The scene where he is old and runs out of the hospital and collapses in the rain.

    oh and also when I watched the tent scene in broke back mountain, the passionate love making between those guys just got to me.

    That's not gay though, just sensitive.
    No that's gay,

  28. #28
    Regular user
    Gissurjon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Points
    160945391

    Quote Originally Posted by castlehill View Post
    No that's gay,
    No that's a joke.

  29. #29
    MTR FTW!!!
    ELITE MEMBER
    Tesla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Folsom, Ca.
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Points
    700089996

    DRSE ENFORCER

  30. #30
    Registered User
    GearsMcGilf's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    5,849
    Rep Points
    591414082

    Quote Originally Posted by Gissurjon View Post
    oh and also when I watched the tent scene in broke back mountain, the passionate love making between those guys just got to me.

    That's not gay though, just sensitive.
    No, if you teared up during brokeback, then you are definitely, certifiably. as ghey as they come. You're gonna have to tell your wife at this point, or someone is at least. If you don't wanna do it, then just post her cell # up here and one of us at IM will be glad to help.

    Also, as soon as you post the digits, you might wanna go ahead and book a hotel room for the night rather than go home, cause she'll need to know about the brokeback thing as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Liking this Scirrox Test Cyp
    By BigBird in forum Euroking-Gear
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 10:11 PM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->