NapsGear.net

IM's mass routine...

Rep Points

IM's mass routine...

It is set up as a 3 days a week workout. Can you strecth it out over 5 days and get the same results? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

3 on 1 off? Thats 89 workouts per year, versus 59.3 workouts per year on a 5 on 1 off. I myself prefer a 4 on 1 off, or HST, but I like to go back and forth if HST is used.

Not everyone may agree with x/workouts per year, someone knowlegeable in the industry does, and I know I have always prefered more frequent stuff. I think though as you get VERY strong, you will probably have to slow down. Many powerlifters dont workout the same bodypart even every 8 days, and doing such is considered "crazy" due to the danger they face.

Rep Points

http://www.ironmagazine.com/modules....article&sid=29

That is the routine. It's not 3 days on, 1 off. It's 1 on, 1 off M-F then the weekend off. What I'm asking is, can you split it up to a 5 day routine, M-F. 5 on, 2 off? Will you get the same results that way?

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Re: IM's mass routine...

Originally posted by Wolfpack22
    It is set up as a 3 days a week workout.
    Yes

Originally posted by Wolfpack22
    Can you strecth it out over 5 days and get the same results?
    Not really, it's designed to be a routine that allows sufficient rest to maximize recuperation.

Feel free to substitute some of the exercises too, as well as combine them, meaning instead of doing 2 exercises for triceps, do 5 sets using one exercise.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

I like being in the gym 5 days a week. I feel like I'm cheating myself by not being in there. Question? Wouldn't it hurt your strength by doing bench and Military presses, then biceps all in one day? You wouldn't be able to curl what you could if you just did biceps on one day. I know this questions might be silly, but I'm just curious. Thanks to all for responding and especially Prince.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

It's not necessary to be in the gym 5 days per week especially if you're trying to gain mass.

Hurt your strength by doing bench and military press? I do not know how you would come to that conclusion.

I like doing biceps on chest day and triceps on back day, but if you would rather do chest/tri's and back/bi's that is fine.

There are many routines and variations of routines that can be used, that is just a basic routine that emphasizes rest. If you would rather work-out 4-5 times per week, go ahead, but personally I feel that too much time in the gym just leads to over training, especially if you're a natural lifter.

It sounds like you have never tried a 3 day per week work-out, so why not give it a shot for 4-6 weeks and see if you make some gains?

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Sounds like a good idea. I'll try the 3 day routine next week. What I meant by losing strength is if I do bench then go to military press, I won't have the energy I would have before I did the bench obviously. But if I do them on seperate days I could do more reps or have a higher max for the bench and military press. I hope I'm making some since.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Are you powerlifting, or bodybuilding. I can't really notice much a difference, if I was a powerlifter I'd split up my workouts more, but for size and fair strength levels then consider the benches a warmup for the shoulders as long as everything else they do. I currently however do benches, then triceps, shoulders for me is a seperate day but there are various ways to mix and match.

Rep Points

I'm a bodybuilder. That's why I'm looking into the mass routine. I'm 5'10" 188 pds. I'd like to be about 210 pds or so.

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would strongly recommend that you do no more than a 4 day split, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off.
    If your into body building, you need to rest. You should only be working each muscle ONCE a week.

Muscles grow outside the gym, not in. We all started the same way as you, in the gym all the time and it will work for the first while but then your gains WILL slow down or stop and even in some cases, you may loose strength.

Start on the right path right from the get go and you'll be further ahead in the long run.
    Cool