Meal Timing

Thread: Meal Timing

Rep Points

Meal Timing

Ok so just a quick question Meal Timing?.
    Does it matter?
    Does it work?
    Will it slow down gains? or Speed them up?
    or its not really a issue (currently i havent been following my meal times as ive been quiet busy, but im tryin to get it all in)

Rep Points

Some people believe that you should eat every 2-3 hours to avoid muscle breakdown. Other people believe that as long as you reach your macro goal at the end of the day, you will be fine. That's probably the only answers you will receive here. It's probably better to research this somewhere other than a forum.

Getting fucking huge
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

IMO for your body to stay in an anabolic state you should eat every 2-3 hours. Any longer than that and you will be in a catabolic state. Is 3 hours and 15 minutes going to kill your gains? No, but just shoot for every 3 hours.

Rep Points

Usually try for every 3 hours or so.

Goonie Goo Goo

Rep Points

Just get your tageted macro's

roidzrgood

Rep Points

Meal timing in regards to workouts I see being a greater issue than just in general. I try to eat every 2-3 hour after I lift but not as concerned on non workout days

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Eating carbs and fast digesting whey/bcaa's pre/post workout I think is beneficial. Other than that it doesn't make a difference. Even though food has passed through your stomach it can take a long time for something like meat to digest, so you will still have a steady flow of protein whether you feel hungry or not. Hit your macros for the day and you'll be good, overthinking the whole "you must eat every 3 hours" makes things far more stressful than they need to be.

Rep Points

I really don't know.
    I know my meals are set up for me(training/job)and come around 2-3hours im hungry and start losing energy if i don't eat within an hour of that first gut rumble.

Rep Points

If I don't every 2-3 hrs for a few days then I just don't feel hungry (sign of metabolism slowing??) but if I eat regularly and well then I am SO ready for my next meal/snack. So I always try to eat max 3 hrs

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Schez View Post
    If I don't every 2-3 hrs for a few days then I just don't feel hungry (sign of metabolism slowing??) but if I eat regularly and well then I am SO ready for my next meal/snack. So I always try to eat max 3 hrs
    ^This, keeping your metabolism up is a good thing, I try to eat every 2.5-3 hours!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalash View Post
    Eating carbs and fast digesting whey/bcaa's pre/post workout I think is beneficial. Other than that it doesn't make a difference. Even though food has passed through your stomach it can take a long time for something like meat to digest, so you will still have a steady flow of protein whether you feel hungry or not. Hit your macros for the day and you'll be good, overthinking the whole "you must eat every 3 hours" makes things far more stressful than they need to be.
    I'm going with this, carbs and fast digesting protein post workout is the only 'must' just get the macros in at some stage.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Schez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BIG View Post
    ^This, keeping your metabolism up is a good thing, I try to eat every 2.5-3 hours!
    Eating every 3 hrs does not speed up your metabolism. This has been proven in numerous studies.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Livebig14 View Post
    IMO for your body to stay in an anabolic state you should eat every 2-3 hours. Any longer than that and you will be in a catabolic state. Is 3 hours and 15 minutes going to kill your gains? No, but just shoot for every 3 hours.
    This really isn't necessary. You're not going catabolic in three hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    Just get your tageted macro's
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalash View Post
    And this.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dyers Eve View Post
    Eating every 3 hrs does not speed up your metabolism. This has been proven in numerous studies.
    Oh - and this.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.