• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Taco Bell, KFC lobby federal government to subsidize fast food through food stamps

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Taco Bell, KFC lobby federal government to subsidize fast food through food stamps ~ source
by Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Soviet-style government food distribution is quickly becoming standard practice in the rapidly decaying United States of America, with more than 20 percent of Americans now participating in the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps. And if the fast food industry gets its way, food stamps may soon cover buckets of fried chicken at KFC and Meximelts at Taco Bell.

Food stamp benefits have more than doubled within the past six years, skyrocketing from $28.5 billion in 2005 to $64.7 billion in 2010. With this rise came the addition of 53,000 newly eligible businesses as well, which included convenience stores, dollar discount stores, and even gas stations. And now the fast food industry wants a piece of the pie, too.

According to a recent report in USA Today, Louisville, Ky. based Yum! Brands, which owns Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silver restaurant, and Pizza Hut, is lobbying the federal government to permit SNAP enrollees to use food stamps at their restaurants. And they claim doing so will help prevent hunger.

But many in opposition are decrying the proposition as ridiculous, and a blatant misuse of public funds in support of junk foods rather than health foods.

"It's preposterous that a company like Yum! Brands would even be considered for inclusion in a program meant for supplemental nutrition," said Kelly Brownell, director of Yale University's Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity.

If the federal government ends up granting the fast food industry inclusion in the food stamps program, it will essentially be funneling taxpayer money into a system that promotes both abuse of the system and ill health. After all, fast food is laden with toxic chemicals and genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and contains little to no nutritional value.

And if participation in the food stamp program continues to rise -- which is expected, based on a continually plummeting economy -- the end result will essentially be a government-run system of food distribution in which most Americans have no choice but to eat the garbage peddled by their local fast food joints.

Shit maybe I'll get to design some KFC's in the ghetto now. I'll go ahead and pass on that site visit.

I don't understand the big deal, it will be very synergistic. Now, you can take your gov't issued food stamps to KFC, and then take your gov't issued medicare and walk across the road to the doctor to get your diabetes medication. Win-win.

:roflmao:

Tell you what you should do. Take those food stamps, crumble them up into a ball and eat those instead. You'll get more nutrional value that way.

Oh, yeah, and don't forget to wash it down with a 64 oz coke.

I could think of no better pre-game for a tea party rally than loading up on some free KFC and getting some gov sponsored pain killers/muscle relaxers

I could think of no better pre-game for a tea party rally than loading up on some free KFC and getting some gov sponsored pain killers/muscle relaxers

You obviously have never been to a Tea Party event. What you describe sounds like something the DNC does to get out the vote the first Tuesday in November every 4 years.

I believe Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silver and a couple of others are all subsidiaries of Yum brand. the CEO David Novak is also on the board of JP Morgan & Chase, CO.

IML Gear Cream!
You obviously have never been to a Tea Party event. What you describe sounds like something the DNC does to get out the vote the first Tuesday in November every 4 years.

:clapping:

So true... but instead of KFC it's Churches or Popeys Chicken.

in the uk and ireland the non-workers just claim benafit money and have there housing paid for by the goverment so they can spend the money on what they want.the area i live in most choose beer,cider cigerettes, weed and junk food like mcdonalds and ready meals as many of our enemployed are too undereducated to cook a simple meal and enjoy mid day drinking as they have nothing else to do.
the meal tickets idea sounds like a good idea to me

i think it's a stupid idea but i think the way it's written is even fucking stupider. how the hell will a sensible person be "forced" to actually use their foodstamps to buy junk food? i can see opposing the issue but not making yourself sound like a total retard going so overboard as to say forced to waste your food money on shit food. that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
there is a particular convenience store here that makes it their thing to sell milk substantially cheaper than anywhere else. why shouldn't a mom on food stamps be able to buy her milk there? i'm so fucking sick of people whining about this shit and not bigger issues. do the math.

i'm not sure but i think in order to spend your food benefit money in a restaurant you need to be homeless. i think they are trying to make it so people that have no place to prepare food can take advantage of this not a regular family with a home and a kitchen. i remember hearing on the news a few years back about this being a special provision for homeless people. but whatever be an alarmist and run around like chicken little screaming we are turning into soviet russia because someone might get a warm piece of chicken to eat out in the snow.

Last edited:
I understand people have ruff times, but there are several people out there on the Obama plan (food stamps) that shouldn't be. Now there gonna be able to go get whatever food they want. Sounds a little screwed up to me, someone who works there a** off so some people can be lazy and get from the government.

What can the Restaurant Meals do for me?

The Restaurant Meals Program allows homeless, elderly (age 60 or over), and disabled CalFresh individuals to use CalFresh benefits to purchase prepared meals using Golden State Advantage (EBT) card at participating restaurants

i need a piss and moan smiley.

Last edited:
The Restaurant Meals Program allows homeless, elderly (age 60 or over), and disabled CalFresh individuals to use CalFresh benefits to purchase prepared meals using Golden State Advantage (EBT) card at participating restaurants

i need a piss and moan smiley.
:rolleyes:

Plus, why would a family that usually eats at home ever want to eat out once in while?

IML Gear Cream!
I understand people have ruff times, but there are several people out there on the Obama plan (food stamps)

more like the George Bush plan...take a look at the tanking of the share of the national income that goes to labor after 8 years of GWB. the share decreases during every single republican presidency.

Nonfarm Business Sector: Labor Share (PRS85006173)
Nonfarm Business Sector: Labor Share (PRS85006173) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Carter 1977-1981
Reagan 1981-1989
GHB 1989-1993
Clinton 1993-2001
GWB 2001-2009
Obama 2009-

Partisan Politics and the U.S. Income Distribution
Larry M. Bartels
Department of Politics and
Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs,
Princeton University
bartels@princeton.edu
Revised: February 2004

http://www.princeton.edu/~bartels/income.pdf

Plus, why would a family that usually eats at home ever want to eat out once in while?

i can see it for homeless etc or even normal families on foodstamps on a special occasion or on a long trip to see a doctor or something but i seriously doubt the average foodstamp user will think hmmm lets blow what we could feed the family on for one individual meal. a whole chicken costs 6 dollars at the grocery store so probably most people can figure out they'd be fucking their family over to make kfc a habit on foodstamps.

then again some poor families deprive kids of the essentials to buy booze, drugs, cigs.... these kids sometimes end up in the foster care system and i have seen them be sent unaccompanied to the doctor or a therapist with a volunteer driver. an ex landlord of mine drove for an agency like that and these were small children sometimes going 50 miles or more. yes, stop and get them a hot meal for christake.

Hmmm where have I seen similar stuff????? LW spare me your bleeding heart. And no I dont think the average person using food stamps is capable of doing the math on the cost difference (and convience) of the dollar menu and shopping at a grocery store. You think the best of these people.. It is my personal opinion that the people that you are talking about in your rants are the minority. And the majority are degenerates that take advantage of the system..

Now continue to melt over these people :coffee:

great...free fast food.

This is step in the right direction to lower national healthcare costs. :banned:

I don't understand the big deal, it will be very synergistic. Now, you can take your gov't issued food stamps to KFC, and then take your gov't issued medicare and walk across the road to the doctor to get your diabetes medication. Win-win.

so true.... and so sad.....

Hmmm where have I seen similar stuff????? LW spare me your bleeding heart. And no I dont think the average person using food stamps is capable of doing the math on the cost difference (and convience) of the dollar menu and shopping at a grocery store. You think the best of these people.. It is my personal opinion that the people that you are talking about in your rants are the minority. And the majority are degenerates that take advantage of the system..

Now continue to melt over these people :coffee:

a lot of shit going on and im busy as hell lately so forgive the attitude but are you fucking stupid? this is not a program the average food stamp user can even take advantage of. it's for homeless, disabled and elderly. AND my very first comment about it is what? that it's a stupid idea. JFC some people. fucking learn to read.

:) sorry pissy mood mainly it's NOT you.

Last edited:

Yeah, because the quote, "Get your damn government hands off my Medicare!" came at a liberal rally, not a tea party rally.

Back