IronMag Research Chems

Wrestler Kurt Angle Continues to Deny Using Steroids for Performance Enhancement

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Wrestler Kurt Angle Continues to Deny Using Steroids for Performance Enhancement

By Millard Baker ~ source

Kurt Angle continued to deny using anabolic steroids for performance enhancement in a recent interview with Mac Engel for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler, who has established himself as a popular professional wrestler with the WWE and TNA, maintained that he was prescribed a steroid stack comprised of trenbolone acetate (“tren”) and nandrolone decanoate (“Deca Durabolin” or “Deca”) for legitimate medical purposes and not for performance-enhancement purposes.

“Have I taken them before? Yeah. It was in Sports Illustrated. I didn’t get prosecuted but the doctor did because he was prescribing them to me but picking them up illegally,” claimed Angle in the interview published this week. “It was after my neck surgery. I’ve taken them before but I am not now.”

A Drug Enforcement Administation (DEA) investigation codenamed “Operation Netroids” uncovered steroid use by numerous athletes including Kurt Angle in April 2007. The DEA raided Applied Pharmacy Services, a compound pharmacy in Mobile (Alabama) that specialized in hormone-based drugs, and seized their client records.

Sports Illustrated reviewed classified intelligence dossiers compiled by the DEA and published the names of several athletes who purchased steroids, human growth hormone (hGH) and ancillary drugs from Applied Pharmacy. They reported that Angle had two prescriptions for trenbolone and two prescriptions for nandrolone filled at Applied Pharmacy. Angel was never prosecuted as a result of the Operation Netroids investigation which only targeted compounding pharmacies and physicians.

Kurt Angle has consistently denied that his use of doctor-prescribed trenbolone and nandrolone was improper or illegal. His first denial appeared in an official statement published on his website in response to the SI article:

“I did not improperly receive prescriptions. It is well documented that in my career I have broken vertebrae in my neck on five occasions and each time the course of treatment was under the care and supervision of my doctors,” wrote Angle in a statement posted on his official website. “Any attempt to link me to the athletes in the current news accounts who may have improperly sought performance-enhancing drugs is without foundation.”

In April 2009, police arrested Angle after they found two vials of Hygetropin brand human growth hormone in his car. All charges against Angle were eventually dismissed. Once again, Angle claimed that his use of performance-enhancing drugs was “legal” and properly prescribed by a physician according to a statement by his attorney following the incident:

“As for the allegations of driving under suspension and possession of prescription drugs; simply stated, the drugs are properly prescribed by his physician. They are legal.”

Angle may not realize that a doctor’s prescription does not necessarily make the use of anabolic steroids or hGH legal. If the prescription is determined to be invalid, then the use of drugs obtained with an invalid prescription is also considered illegal. Nonetheless, it is also advised that the use of anabolic steroids be used under the supervision of a physician.

Source:
    Engel, M. (September 13, 2011). Big Mac Blog chat with Kurt Angle on the Olympics, Warrior, & steroids. Retrieved from Big Mac Blog chat with Kurt Angle on the Olympics, Warrior, & steroids - The Big Mac Blog

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

PCT blows.

Rep Points

Just leave the dude alone. What a fucking waste of money trying to pin a few vials of hgh/19-nor's on a millionaire who doesn't even participate in a competitive sport. He's a damn entertainer like hulk hogan. Why don't they go after Hogan too

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

“Operation Netroids”

Wow, what a bunch of cock suckers. I fucking hate the DEA!
    Fucking Determined!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Seriously?? Kurt is a stand-up, down to earth guy... not to mention He and his fiance just had a baby girl in February. Leave the man in peace to enjoy and provide for his family.

Rep Points

Doctors don't prescribe trenbolon to people wtf?

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah that's a fucked up doc to give out tren.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

These wrestlers need steroids and prescrition drugs to keep there body in some what painless condition while the wrestle and should be left alone. But whats going to happen is when kirt gets old his bones will be brittle from all the cortizone shots he uses. Look at the hulk hogan the dude can hardley walk with his hip surgeries and he just beat up his body. Thats why I;'m a big pusher on learning AAS educating them selves ask a ton of questions. Tell your friends to fuk off when they pressure you to use gear.Have to be smart

Rep Points

if you have the money any thing can be prescribe
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude".
    Thomas Jefferson

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJ View Post
    Yeah that's a fucked up doc to give out tren.
    x2

**All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!**

Rep Points

He's getting more press right now because he's trying to make the Olympic team for 2012.
    M. Ed. Ex Physiology

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LightBearer View Post
    Doctors don't prescribe trenbolon to people wtf?
    Exactly!!
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Raping Madmann's Mom

Rep Points

What a waste of taxpayers money.

Rep Points

maybe his doctor was WP he has human grade tren

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He's getting more press right now because he's trying to make the Olympic team for 2012.

Is he really? for freestyle? I can see greco, but damn. I trained a dude for years that is ranked top 6 nationally for freestyle at HW. But he is trying to make the team at 96 kg for the olympics. Had to boast a little, I am proud of him. Everytime he comes home he asks me to workout. Not on the mat anymore though, I stopped doing that when he was in highschool!!! He is a freak.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by performance1978 View Post
    Is he really? for freestyle? I can see greco, but damn. I trained a dude for years that is ranked top 6 nationally for freestyle at HW. But he is trying to make the team at 96 kg for the olympics. Had to boast a little, I am proud of him. Everytime he comes home he asks me to workout. Not on the mat anymore though, I stopped doing that when he was in highschool!!! He is a freak.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. The odds are really against him even qualifying (I assume he'll still be in the 100kg class in Freestyle), but he's going for it.
    M. Ed. Ex Physiology

Rep Points

yup,he is infact training AND hard for the olympics,he lost some good weight too.not really any weights and eating real light and super healthy while training for most of the day.

people forget,not only did he WIN a Gold Medal- he did it with broken neck.

met him plenty of times,got to know him some-very cool and laid back.