Mayweather Ortiz fight

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Mayweather Ortiz fight

I went out with a buddy of mine from the gym saturday night to watch the fight and was wondering if anyone seen it and what does everyone think about the outcome.My buddy is spanish and the bar he invited me out to was packed and 99% spanish so they went crazy when Mayweather knocked Ortiz out calling him a dirty motherfucker and yelling he should be disqualified but they didnt have a problem with Ortiz headbutting Mayweather. dont get me wrong I dont like Mayweather and
    was hoping that Ortiz would win but I think he got everything he deserved for intentionally headbutting Mayweather and was wondering what everyone else thinks.

Rep Points

I didn't see the fight. But I a long with most people have seen the knockout.

It looked like a legal cheap hit. He wasn't wrong. But it didn't look cool. IMO

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JoeClyde View Post

Yeah it was chickenshit but the ref had signaled to fight so you have to protect yourself at all times.Ortiz was leaning in for a bro hug and got nailed.I have long been against all the bro hugging going around so I guess this is a good example of what can go wrong.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Yeah it was chickenshit but the ref had signaled to fight so you have to protect yourself at all times.Ortiz was leaning in for a bro hug and got nailed.I have long been against all the bro hugging going around so I guess this is a good example of what can go wrong.
    Are you saying there shouldn't be hugging or apologizing in BOXING??? what the hell Ortiz, you headbutted Mayweather, then had points taken away, and you should have come out of your corner like a lion ready to beat his ass. Mayweather may have been dirty but completely within the rules. He is boxer and while in the ring wants to kill his competition not become bff's. This is why MMA is taking over and most people can't tell you one champion boxer in any weight class. Did Mike Tyson give Evanser Holifield a big hug after his bit his ear off, no he went out and bit him again... Now that's exciting boxing.

Apologizes and hugs are for florists and quilters.
    The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies. ~ Charles Manson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points

I keep hearing about the demise of Boxing. But people still show up for the big fights. I suspect that glorious day. That PacMan and Mayweather fight. It may be one of the highest watched sports events in history.

MMA does have it's appeal because it is closer to street fighting. Plus a lot of guys want to feel more manly. So this does appeal to them.

Rep Points

If the referee signalled to fight why was he looking the opposite way to the fighters?

Where was the signal? I'm obviously missing something.

Rep Points

Joe Cortez is one of the worst ref's in boxing. There have been more controversial fights with him in charge than almost any other ref. Ortiz is a dumb ass and Mayweather got his cheap shot but this should have been a no contest because Joe Cortez never saw the punch. IMO Joe Cortez get more money from top fighters than he does in a pay check.

Rep Points

Victor tried to take the crown from floyd in classlessness, may showed him who's the king of that

Rep Points

I think you truly have to wonder at whether such a big money event was a fixed from the start.

As Ortix said after the fight, he came there to put on a show.

Rep Points

Manny wouldn't have touched gloves!!

I keep hearing about the demise of Boxing. But people still show up for the big fights. I suspect that glorious day. That PacMan and Mayweather fight. It may be one of the highest watched sports events in history.

MMA does have it's appeal because it is closer to street fighting. Plus a lot of guys want to feel more manly. So this does appeal to them.
    Ortiz fell for that chicken shit punch but Manny Pacman Pacquaio wouldn't have fell for that!! He's way to smart!

Rep Points

It was a cheap shot, but it was legal. Ortiz should have "protected himself at all times", as they say. There are a lot of great boxers out there, and a lot of great fights being made. Heavyweights are pretty boring these days, but the middle and lower weight classes are loaded with talent. MMA just keeps getting better and better, too. Love watching both, and I think it will continue to get more interesting. One or two lame fights is no big deal. I never pay for pay-per-view anyway. Easy enough to watch it online for free.

Believe, Achieve, Succeed

Rep Points

Lesson for Ortiz...
    Carelessness kills, complacency is murder.
    Protect yourself at all times while in the ring.
    Drama is the result of an attempt
    to find wholeness & success
    in the midst of forces that have been
    birthed in chaos and nurtured in confusion.
    -- No More Drama

Rep Points

Website?

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    It was a cheap shot, but it was legal. Ortiz should have "protected himself at all times", as they say. There are a lot of great boxers out there, and a lot of great fights being made. Heavyweights are pretty boring these days, but the middle and lower weight classes are loaded with talent. MMA just keeps getting better and better, too. Love watching both, and I think it will continue to get more interesting. One or two lame fights is no big deal. I never pay for pay-per-view anyway. Easy enough to watch it online for free.
    No Fair! You watch it for free??? Where at?? Please Share :-)

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

LOL @ anyone who payed for this fight, YOU GOT PLAYED!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

is this real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    No Fair! You watch it for free??? Where at?? Please Share :-)
    Literally dozens of options out there, but here is one of my favorites for sports in general.

FirstRow Live Boxing UFC and WWE Online | Live Stream of HBO Boxing | Free PPV Streaming of Boxing,UFC and WWE

Rep Points

^^Siiick! Thanks man!

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

This.

Rep Points

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    This.
    Def think the "street fighting" element is what makes MMA so fun to watch. No blood no foul