• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

What's your max bench?

IML Gear Cream!
Keep posting... It will come, Nothing that comes easy is ever good so keep working.

My best barbell bench was 305 @ 195ish. I don't train flat bb anymore though.

Best incline dumbbell was 205's x 10 so far. No spotter ever.

^^^ you might want to rethink the "no spotter ever" thing. Only cuz if you get into trouble and no one is keepin a eye on you things can get much worse then they need be... Also a stop from time to time will push you much further then without one. My point is if your think "maybe I can get one more maybe...." Your more Likly not to try if there is not spot. The last fue reps are where progress is made not the reps that move easy.

just sayin

Not bragging or anything, just stating. Im not against having a spotter. On heavy BB I would grab someone.

If I could regularly rely on one, I would use it as a tool. But, if only getting a spot from random people, eh no thanks. With dumbells I can always dump them if need be.

Also said that because ive never really been able to get those "forced reps". I do think I would be a stronger presser if I regularly had a consistent spotter no doubt.

Ive found sometimes not having a spotter makes you train smarter. Failing isnt super smart anyway, having a spotter typically "causes" me to fail more often lol.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

400 1 rep max. Failed at 405 monday. Gonna hit it before september
225x25 once

Ive found sometimes not having a spotter makes you train smarter. Failing isnt super smart anyway, having a spotter typically "causes" me to fail more often lol.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Don't use the spotter a crush use them to help you when you get in trouble. I will regularly ask people that I know we're going to mess up to spot me so that way pushes me harder making me know that I have to do this on my own. And then if I do get in trouble the spotter to help.

I recently in the past few weeks watched a 13 yr old bench 275 lbs for 2 reps..were they perfect..defiantly not legal meet lifts but would clearly fall into touch and go..mind you this kid is 6'2" 265 lbs at 13 yrs old..and has only been lifting weights since entering 7th grade last year for football..so a year and a half..i don't get too impressed but i was by that..

I am up to 315 at 180lb body weight. My wife is my spotter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's alot of weight for such a light weight. I see someone's been puttin in work.

IML Gear Cream!
"Because I'm happy...." Gay I know but...

i put up 425 tonight... Not my best but things are turning around without really trying to hard.

I was just lookin up numbers (PL) and the number I put up at my last meet where I went 5 for 9, all my records still stand. I think that kinda odd. Those numbers where Definitely not my best... Hmmm... Kind of makes me think about doing another one.

I was just lookin up numbers (PL) and the number I put up at my last meet where I went 5 for 9, all my records still stand. I think that kinda odd. Those numbers where Definitely not my best... Hmmm... Kind of makes me think about doing another one.
Having goals is the best way for me to stay motivated. I imagine doing something like that will get you more focused brother.

Yeah, the only reason I ever really pl'd is not because I loved it it was because I was good at it and in turn made me start to like it and really get into it which put me in this mind set that even though I love being strong I still want to look good and not be the "norm" in the PLn world... Nowadays there more guys that are leaner and strong I like to say I'm one of them... Back to my point, I love being strong so I love PLn. It's in my blood...

Not sure when I will do one but I'm gettin geeked up just thinkin about goin back and makin the records I put up 3 years ago (which still stand today) larger.

So far 185 @ 150 body weight. I'd like to press 205 by year end.

Sent from outer space

Wow, 185... I'd like to see that!

I did max bench to add the number as a measurement for growth in my log on ASF. Had no clue how much I could bench. I was surprised, too! Now trainer has me doing 185 on chest days.

I never get to be impressed long by an achievement. It becomes the new accepted standard.

Sent from outer space

225 for one geared to the gills and tons of arch at 176 lbs

it was actually because I was talking smack at the hubs doing reps and was like..I could bench that you fuckin pussy...and somehow..did
I don't flat bench at all now so it won't be repeated

So far 185 @ 150 body weight. I'd like to press 205 by year end.

Sent from outer space
185 at that weight is awesome for a gal. Great work! You should post a vid.

IML Gear Cream!
185 at that weight is awesome for a gal. Great work! You should post a vid.

I'll have to give that some consideration. More a logistics thing. Hmmm. Now the wheels are turning...I'll get back w you Heavy :) I like it.

Anyone else on here in my fricken weight range.. 165 1 rep max 315

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

I am 180 and last set is 315....so close to your weight range...165 is light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never maxed, but right before I got hurt I did 355 x 4. Pretty sure it was a only a 35lb bar... But I like to think it was 45lbs and bumps me to 365lbs. I was at 245 ish when I hit that.

Last edited:
^^^ 355 x 4 would put you close to 400... So don't feel bad about it.

470 for me, I want 500

^^^ 355 x 4 would put you close to 400... So don't feel bad about it.

That was 4th set though, so I would have been more than that... At least I like to think so ;). Been outta the gym for a year since then. Another month and I'm hoping to get Dr. Clearance to start back up.

That was 4th set though, so I would have been more than that... At least I like to think so ;). Been outta the gym for a year since then. Another month and I'm hoping to get Dr. Clearance to start back up.

Wahoo! That's a BIG deal! Celebration time!

Sent from outer space

Back