• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

nutrition before a workout

perfecto

dirty but nice
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
whilst cutting and weight training what should one eat prior to lifting, if anything at all?

Also how much protein and glucose should one take post-workout?

Usually when I am cutting I try and go on an empty or almost stomach. If you need something though try having a little protein. Eating carbs before your workout will keep your body from burning fat for fuel.

Even if you're cutting you should have some carbs before weight training otherwise your strength will suffer eventually leading to muscular atrophy or dimished gains. Cardio is a different story though....with cardio I would try to train on an empty stomach.

Don't worry able having high glycemic carbs after cardio if fat loss is your goal. After weight training I would have protein and carbs...as for the type of carbs...that is highly individual and will depend on what kind of nutritional plan you are following.

im new here, but i eat a powerbar and a bottle of water 20-30 minutes before my workout, i tried it for a week, then stopped for a week and noticed i got tired in about half an hour, when with the powerbar id get tired in 45 minutes, since i only spend about an hour at the gym without cardio, wit cardio im there like hour and a half.

Carbs definitely before a workout. I work out in the morning typically, so carbs are even better then. I just have my normal breakfast (meal #1) which always has oatmeal in it in some form or another. whether it be my protein pancakes or just oatmeal on the side with eggs..

If you have carbs in your system during a workout they will be used for energy. This is great (especially while bulking)however, if you are cutting they will get in the way of your body burning body fat for energy. This is why I feel that on a cut you should go on an empty stomach if you can or have some protien before your workout if any empty stomach is not doable for you. That is just my opinion, but you should really find out what works for you.

Back