IronMag Research Chems

Pilates instructor arrested for steroid scheme

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

by Anthony Roberts ~ source

Scott Lofquist, a pilates instructor, group fitness teacher, and co-founder of a Crossfit box in Kansas, was indicted last week for allegedly conspiring with a Maryland doctor to sell over $1.3 million worth of anabolic steroids. He’s a 51 year old former Olympic athlete who also runs local area fitness bootcamps. Bootcamps are big in the fitness world because they’re an easy way to charge people a ton of money for an hour’s work as is group fitness training, and pilates is another big money maker…. So honestly looking at this guy’s professional training life, it seems unlikely that he was a Crossfitter per se, but simply a guy selling the latest training fads. I’m sure he’d be pimping shake weights, the P90x, and the Gazelle if he thought there there was a buck in it.

There’s nothing wrong with trying to make a buck, right? And there’s nothing wrong with teaching pilates, bootcamps, group fitness, etc… but it’s like being bisexual…even though you like women, you’re still gay. And there’s nothing gayer than pilates.

But he also owned Lifetime Wellness LLC, an anti-aging clinic that promotes the use of hormones such as testosterone for (according to the indictment) non-medical uses, and did so without a proper doctor’s examination. On a side note, I find it odd that aging isn’t a medical condition, because as far as I know, it’s killed billions of people, and is the one thing that is currently 100% certain to kill you. But I digress…

The indictment alleges that he and a partner, an OBGYN from Maryland, sold 1,261,850 units of various anabolic steroids at a retail value of $1,368,519 million between June 1, 2008 and March 30, 2010. HE had previously been arrested in Florida on similar charges and left the company prior to the current indictment, but is on probation from the 2010 indictment.

Neither his Crossfit business nor his pilates business (or the other million fads he was involved with) had anything to do with the steroid charges according to the indictment, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen Crossfit mentioned in a steroid-bust article as reported by the mainstream media. And he wasn’t exactly dealing steroids, but rather cashing in on the anti-aging fad, just like the million other business he runs…

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Stacey's Boy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

But it’s like being bisexual…even though you like women, you’re still gay. And there’s nothing gayer than pilates. Even the fags get busted!

Rep Points

Pilates and steroids??? Just doesn't seem to be a match.

Crossfit? Those guys train a lot like I do so even though they are very fit and some are really strong...big just isn't as likely as for a bodybuilder type or powerlifter type of guy or girl...they need all the help they can get.

But damn, owning a fitness company of any kind and selling steroids? Remember Bruce Willis' character wearing the sign around his neck in one of the Die Hard movies? Kind of the same thing to me...make yourself a target.

I own a fitness company with a cute gimmick, "DarkSide Muscle" and it's basically a power lifting, olympic lifting, hardcore kind of place that caters to soccer moms and old guys like me who want to get back to the kind of shape they were in when setting records on the football field or whatever in high school. Who'd have ever thought something like that would work eh? Power lifts, oly lifts, done crossfit style for soccer moms....and getting great results.

No way in hell I'd fuck up my financial future, my wife's financial future, my children's financial future, my freedom, and my reputation in our small town by selling even a single vial of test to my best, closest, most trusted client. What was this guy thinking?????
    DarkSide Muscle
    Training and Nutrition Consultation. Free content available, if you need more...send us an email.

Stacey's Boy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by .v. View Post
    pilates and steroids??? Just doesn't seem to be a match.

Crossfit? Those guys train a lot like i do so even though they are very fit and some are really strong...big just isn't as likely as for a bodybuilder type or powerlifter type of guy or girl...they need all the help they can get.

But damn, owning a fitness company of any kind and selling steroids? Remember bruce willis' character wearing the sign around his neck in one of the die hard movies? Kind of the same thing to me...make yourself a target.

I own a fitness company with a cute gimmick, "darkside muscle" and it's basically a power lifting, olympic lifting, hardcore kind of place that caters to soccer moms and old guys like me who want to get back to the kind of shape they were in when setting records on the football field or whatever in high school. Who'd have ever thought something like that would work eh? Power lifts, oly lifts, done crossfit style for soccer moms....and getting great results.

No way in hell i'd fuck up my financial future, my wife's financial future, my children's financial future, my freedom, and my reputation in our small town by selling even a single vial of test to my best, closest, most trusted client. What was this guy thinking?????

greedy !

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
    greedy !
    I agree...but damn, it wasn't worth the risk was it? Because of the drug connection being placed to his businesses, and whoever charges/prosecutes him will try to find a way... it's all gone. They love to take anything away that might have even been partly paid for with this.

I'm a conservative libertarian who actually is a real conservative and this means I support anyone's right to do whatever they want so long as they are hurting no one else. But damn, in today's legal climate this was just idiotic.

To be so small, my gym/personal training company is becoming rather successful...I'd like to be able to pass it on to my children some day since both are already becoming knowledgeable about fitness, nutrition, etc... and will make it even better. Doing something so stupid and losing it for them, regardless of my own views on the political/legal rules...no fucking way.
    DarkSide Muscle
    Training and Nutrition Consultation. Free content available, if you need more...send us an email.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by .V. View Post
    I agree...but damn, it wasn't worth the risk was it? Because of the drug connection being placed to his businesses, and whoever charges/prosecutes him will try to find a way... it's all gone. They love to take anything away that might have even been partly paid for with this.

I'm a conservative libertarian who actually is a real conservative and this means I support anyone's right to do whatever they want so long as they are hurting no one else. But damn, in today's legal climate this was just idiotic.

To be so small, my gym/personal training company is becoming rather successful...I'd like to be able to pass it on to my children some day since both are already becoming knowledgeable about fitness, nutrition, etc... and will make it even better. Doing something so stupid and losing it for them, regardless of my own views on the political/legal rules...no fucking way.
    Hopefully your kids share the same as you and not this guy.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/images/b...dpharma728.gif

www.World-Pharma.org

Any posts by JCBourne are for entertainment purposes only. Know your laws and seek help from a trained professional. JCBourne is not a doctor and shouldn't be taken seriously; he is a fictitious character.

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I'm even more surprised at the OBGYN who felt his/her MD license was worth throwing away. Medical doctors have been under govt scrutiny for a number of years now around steroid prescriptions.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.