• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fast-food deals go into overdrive as economy sputters

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Fast-food deals go into overdrive as economy sputters
By Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY Updated 8h 43m ago

As the economy continues to tank and unemployment in the core 18- to 24-year-old target hovers near 20%, some of the biggest names in fast food ??? from Pizza Hut to Subway to Taco Bell??? are back with eye-popping deals.
It's not because the fast-food behemoths want to go so low. It's because they have to. After some improvement late last year and earlier this year, the $236 billion fast-food industry ??? with the notable exception of McDonald's ??? is mostly heading south, again.

The statistics are alarming. The number of annual restaurant visits by a typical Millennial has plummeted from 245 visits five years ago to 192 this year, NPD Group reports. That's one less visit every week. In July, the most recent month reported, restaurant performance slipped to its lowest level in nearly a year as owners ??? seeing softening sales ??? downgraded plans for capital spending and offered up their worst overall performance expectations in 20 months, says a National Restaurant Association survey.
"We've never seen anything like this," says Bonnie Riggs, restaurant analyst at NPD. Here's how low the latest deals go:
???$10 pizzas. Pizza Hut just re-introduced its $10 any pizza deal. "The environment hasn't gotten any better for consumers," chief marketing officer Kurt Kane says.
???$7.99 pizzas. Domino's is rolling out its Artisan Pizza at a ridiculously low $7.99. Although it now offers a $7.99 deal on large, carryout pizzas on Mondays through Wednesdays, this is the first $7.99 large, three-topping, home-delivered pizza in memory, spokesman Chris Brandon says.
???$6.99 meals for two. For less than $7, Burger King is offering two Whoppers, two small fries and two small drinks.
???$5 subs. On Oct. 1, Subway will bring back its $5 deal on any foot-long, except premium subs, says Tony Pace, CMO of Subway's ad group.
"You have to have strong offers out there in this economy," he says.
???$5 meals.Dairy Queen recently rolled out $5 Mini Blizzard meals, which gets folks a DQ GrillBurger with cheese, fries, medium drink and Mini Blizzard.
???99-cent sandwiches. Taco Bell just rolled out a 99-cent Chicken Flatbread sandwich. "Deals are more important than ever," says Tom Wagner, marketing vice president.
???Freebies. Burger King will happily hand you a free ice cream cone just for ordering its already-cheap value meal.

From USA Today

I's po. But I still eat like a king, I'll have diabetes by 45 but who cares...

And all you guys with a 9-5, you're all suckas...who needs veggies anyway!

Damnit, now I want a whopper.. I haven't had one of those in years. They had closed down most of the locations back home.

I have been off the highly processed fast foods for a while. when I do eat them I do the all natural stuff at smashburger, chipotile, baja fresh, etc. surely no saving in money at those places but the guilt and chemical additives are substantially less.

I have been off the highly processed fast foods for a while. when I do eat them I do the all natural stuff at smashburger, chipotile, baja fresh, etc. surely no saving in money at those places but the guilt and chemical additives are substantially less.

Fast food isn't saving money at all. i love the argument " I can feed all 4 of us for 15 bucks". I can feed 4 people for a whole day for 15 bucks shopping at walmart. As a matter of fact I just cooked some chicken soup loaded with chicken and veggies the other day that lasted 2 days for aprox. 7 bucks.

Fast food isn't saving money at all. i love the argument " I can feed all 4 of us for 15 bucks". I can feed 4 people for a whole day for 15 bucks shopping at walmart. As a matter of fact I just cooked some chicken soup loaded with chicken and veggies the other day that lasted 2 days for aprox. 7 bucks.
THIS^ i if you shop right you can save a shit load of money on food. i eat fastfood becuase of the convieniance of wlking in ordering walking out and eating in minutes.

Fast food isn't saving money at all. i love the argument " I can feed all 4 of us for 15 bucks".

not only that fast food doesn't keep you filled for that long which is surprising when you look at the caloric content of some of the meals. when a 2,000 calorie meal only keeps you feeling full for an hour + you can guarantee it's bullshit food.

I made 4lbs of pulled pork on Sunday. Net cost was around 9 bucks.

Let's disregard that I ate it by Monday night, but 9 bucks!

IML Gear Cream!
I made 4lbs of pulled pork on Sunday. Net cost was around 9 bucks.

Let's disregard that I ate it by Monday night, but 9 bucks!
WHO CARES! 9 bucks for bomb ass pulled pork that lasted from sunday to monday night? my meal i 9 bucks at mcdonalds for 2 hours of satisfaction:pissed:

not only that fast food doesn't keep you filled for that long which is surprising when you look at the caloric content of some of the meals. when a 2,000 calorie meal only keeps you feeling full for an hour + you can guarantee it's bullshit food.

yes and consequently you have super obese malnourished people. When you look at a fat person, the last thing that comes to mind is malnutrition. The women in this country are going bald and growing fucking beards and the men can't see or get their dick up after 40, thanks McDonalds.

As some posts have stated, fast food really isn't that cheap, when you compare Gissurjohn's food buys at wal-mart.

And even these "cheapy" deal at FF restaurants, the food doesn't really fill you up, usually. Some exceptions for me like the Whopper.

I always liked Subway.

Cool on the $5 foot longs at Subway because I find that place to be a somewhat healthy place to eat quickly when I'm on the road. I still like Blimpie, Firehouse or Jersey Mike's better.

I think they only have 2 foot longs for five now. They used to have like 8. So posting an article saying were getting more when we're actually getting less is kind of moronic, if you ask me (and you probably would ask me because I'm so smart, jacked, and tan).

Last edited:
As some posts have stated, fast food really isn't that cheap, when you compare Gissurjohn's food buys at wal-mart.

And even these "cheapy" deal at FF restaurants, the food doesn't really fill you up, usually. Some exceptions for me like the Whopper.

I always liked Subway.

Sure, Walmart can be cheap, but is it really that much better for you? Depends on where you live I guess. Here in Ontario, its difficult to get naturally grown produce through Walmart.. most of it has been engineered to ripen on the trucks and last longer. The cost of this amazing asset is a lack of nutrients that you would regularily find in a tomato.

I guess we are a little lucky with the regulations being a little more strict up here. Still, unless the farmer is handing you the cow/chicken/produce from his own certified organic farm, chances are it's been screwed with in one way or another. Time is money, and everything has to be bigger, better, faster.

I think they only have 2 foot longs for five now. They used to have like 8. So posting an article saying were getting more when we're actually getting less is kind of moronic, if you ask me (and you probably would ask me because I'm so smart, jacked, and tan).

Yeah, after their initial sale they went to a one $5 ft long per month which was BS. Ever since Jared's fat ass started promoting Subway they've become too main stream and busy IMO. The thing for me is they're on every corner like McDonald's and obviously healthier to eat at.

Back 5 years ago when I was on the road 4-5 days a week, there was many a day I'd eat Subway for lunch and dinner because it was an easy way count calories and maintain a healthy weight vs going to Outback one night and Chili's the next. I'm the kind of guy who eats till the plate is clean.

Sure, Walmart can be cheap, but is it really that much better for you? Depends on where you live I guess. Here in Ontario, its difficult to get naturally grown produce through Walmart.. most of it has been engineered to ripen on the trucks and last longer. The cost of this amazing asset is a lack of nutrients that you would regularily find in a tomato.

I agree Muscle_Girl.

I should note, that I don't buy food at Wal-Mart or any supermarkets (I don't live in the US) but when I a visit the US I have trouble eating US food because I eat non-processed Asian food every day (little/no sodium) and when I come back the processed foods make my body more acidic.

I didn't realize this until my last trip. I started talking with other long-term expats and they have difficulty with western foods. I think it's because (as u state) it's not natural/organic, but processed.

hell yeah 5$ footlongs are the bomb. Chicken breast or turkey and let's get it.

hell yeah 5$ footlongs are the bomb. Chicken breast or turkey and let's get it.

I use to always order these suckers for lunch before I started making all my own food...

Oven roasted chicken sandwich on wheat no mayo no cheese all the veggies...

:daydream:

Such convenience...

Back