IronMagLabs


joint and tendon health?

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER
    sofargone561's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    RON PAUL
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Points
    137270065

    joint and tendon health?

    Hey guys I as wondering if therewas anything I could take (not HGH please) that will help heal and keep joints and tendons strong and healthy. I’ve always had problems with my knees due to extreme sports as a kid but I recently noticed as I start lifting heavier weights my elbows are starting to get sore. Is their anything worth taking and what do you recommend? I heard about Animal Flex but haven’t given it much of a look. Id rather hear it from you guys anyway.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    essential's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    105662

    For me personally its 6 grams daily quality fish oil, it works by reducing inflammation.
    I never used it but a lot of people say glucosamine and chondroitin is the stuff to use for joint health.
    I get sore elbows too, sometimes its the bodies way of saying back off a little, perhaps decrease the weight and up the reps till the pain goes.
    Good luck.

  3. #3
    i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER
    sofargone561's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    RON PAUL
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Points
    137270065

    Quote Originally Posted by essential View Post
    For me personally its 6 grams daily quality fish oil, it works by reducing inflammation.
    I never used it but a lot of people say glucosamine and chondroitin is the stuff to use for joint health.
    I get sore elbows too, sometimes its the bodies way of saying back off a little, perhaps decrease the weight and up the reps till the pain goes.
    Good luck.
    cool thanks! ive never taken fish oil before but i receently recied a lot that i bought for my cycle so well see if that helps at all. ill also be taking creatine again. i noticed they didnt hurt as bad with creatine either that or maybe i just was going as har

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    83
    Rep Points
    1157932

    lotsa water, omega 3s, vit C, maybe glucosamine.
    lower weight higher reps :\

  5. #5
    i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER
    sofargone561's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    RON PAUL
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Points
    137270065

    Quote Originally Posted by ooa4oo View Post
    lotsa water, omega 3s, vit C, maybe glucosamine.
    lower weight higher reps :\
    also have vitamin c on had to. i stocked up on a whole bunch of shit for my cycles i just havnt started taking any of it yet. hopefully it gets better.

  6. #6
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    311896255

    I take glucosamine/chondroitin/msm/fish oil daily and it helps a little. After intense training sessions (esp cardio) I take ibuprofen.
    The bottom line is that joint pain is part of aging and the supplements i've tried help a little at best.

    The most effective things i've tried have not been supplements:
    Proper warm up (& cool down for cardio)
    Realize weather can have additional negative effects on joints (no solution, but problem is known)
    Reduce the number of high intensity workouts in your program
    Massages are good as well

  7. #7
    i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER
    sofargone561's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    RON PAUL
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Points
    137270065

    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    I take glucosamine/chondroitin/msm/fish oil daily and it helps a little. After intense training sessions (esp cardio) I take ibuprofen.
    The bottom line is that joint pain is part of aging and the supplements i've tried help a little at best.

    The most effective things i've tried have not been supplements:
    Proper warm up (& cool down for cardio)
    Realize weather can have additional negative effects on joints (no solution, but problem is known)
    Reduce the number of high intensity workouts in your program
    Massages are good as well
    great thanks for the info. im not looking for a magic bean to make it go away just i little less disconfort. also i guess i should stop slacking on my warm ups

  8. #8
    Registered User
    essential's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    105662

    What will you be taking in your cycle, some gear decrease collagen synthisis, are you using any Anavar, Primobolan, Deca or Equipoise? I hear these are beneficial on tendon strength.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    BOARD REP
    DLEATO's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    361360

    fish oil and glucosamine never really gave me much joint aid.

    Try gelatine, around 7-10 grams daily.

    Alflutop if you can handle the injections
    Click here to
    PURCHASE PEPTIDES
    ___________________

  10. #10
    i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER
    sofargone561's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    RON PAUL
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Points
    137270065

    Quote Originally Posted by essential View Post
    What will you be taking in your cycle, some gear decrease collagen synthisis, are you using any Anavar, Primobolan, Deca or Equipoise? I hear these are beneficial on tendon strength.
    no sir just test E 500mg a week (10 weeks) and Super DMZ Rx first 4 weeks and proviron 10 weeks other then that its all regular shit like fish oil multi vitamins vitamin c BCAA and so on

  11. #11
    Registered User
    essential's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    105662

    Quote Originally Posted by sofargone561 View Post
    no sir just test E 500mg a week (10 weeks) and Super DMZ Rx first 4 weeks and proviron 10 weeks other then that its all regular shit like fish oil multi vitamins vitamin c BCAA and so on
    test increases protein synthisis... but its going to decrease collagen synthisis, if you're already having tendon problems and will presumably be lifting heavy you may want to look at adding one of the drugs mentioned and decreasing the test.

    Just an idea

  12. #12
    Registered User
    essential's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    105662

    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/an...on-health.html

    Here found it Mudge's thread lots of good info gears and tendons

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    1121550

    fish oil, vit c, osteosport

  14. #14
    Registered User
    CaptainNapalm's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    9557135

    Fish oil..

    Just be sure to take it in decent quantities. There are many benefits to supplementing with fish oil, in smaller quantities it is good for cardiovascular health but studies have shown in order to be most effective against joint/tendons issues (as an anti-inflammatory agent) it has to be taken in significantly higher quantity.

    I genuinely believe that long term supplementation with fish oil has helped me get off my prescription anti-inflammatories which I use to take for a couple of years for periodic but severe lower back pain.
    To speak before you think is like wiping your ass before you shit!

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    1121550

    for sure. fish oil also has many other benefits. great staple

  16. #16
    Registered User
    BOARD REP
    Laborer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Noise
    Posts
    602
    Rep Points
    18714726

    I use 2 packs of animal omega and flex everyday helps a lil bit. Also anavar does wonders for my joints (arthritis) also arthotec is something my doc script for me that seems to work pretty good.

  17. #17
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tempe,AZ
    Posts
    28
    Rep Points
    20211

    Fish oil and Supercissus RX....cissus is said to be anabolic in the sense that it will increase the strength in tendons and joints...I switched to this, as glucosamine doesn't do much for me

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    28
    Rep Points
    -94953

    also have vitamin c on had to. i stocked up on a whole bunch of shit for my cycles i just havnt started taking any of it yet. hopefully it gets better.

Similar Threads

  1. Proper Diet and/or Supps For Tendon Health
    By largepkg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  2. Tendon health
    By Mudge in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
  3. Joint Pain, Joint Treatment, Joint Health
    By Prince in forum Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
  4. Cissus Quandrangulus (for those with joint/tendon pain)
    By FishOrCutBait in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
  5. Joint Health
    By Spud in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->