• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Escalating Density Training

It sounds like a decent program. Check the journal section, Twin Peak is experimenting with it right now. He's been saying that he likes the workouts. I honestly don't know how his gains have been coming along though.

I have not tried the workout, but what I can say is that Charles is one of the most innovative and intelligent men in the fitness field. He has tremendous knowledge and applies it very sensibly. I don't know that I would enjoy his method on this particular program (and I'm quite happy with my P, RR, S method), but I believe that most of what this man says is certainly worth trying!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been doing this workout now for three days and I haven't been this sore in years. We'll see what kind of results I get, but I think the pump and soreness are good signs.:D

This is the routine I've committed myself to for the next 7 weeks:

Monday
chin-up
triceps pressdown

seated cable row
overhead triceps ext.

Tuesday
hanging reverse crunch
lateral raise

leg ext.
leg curl

Thursday
parallel bar dip
EZ-bar curl

incline press
preacher curl

Friday
lunge
hanging reverse crunch

standing calf raise
bicycle movement

Last edited:
Please let us know how it goes! :thumb:

Originally posted by gopro
Please let us know how it goes! :thumb:
Will do.

So far so good. 1 week in the bag.

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning so sore from the lunges I did Friday. I downed a Tblspoon of peanut butter with a scoop of whey mixed with water and went back to bed.

The soreness I'm used to. I've felt this previously from a lot of other ways I've trained, but the massive pump is what I think is going to help me get to the next level in my development.

An odd thing happened to me.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I missed Tuesdays workout, and when I worked out Thursday, not only did I go up in all my weights, but I blew all my reps out of the water as well.

I'm considering dropping Tuesdays workout all together at this point, maybe I need the extra recovery day???

Extra recovery...yup, very possible!

IML Gear Cream!
Alright, this is what my routine has evolved into seeing as I have to workout at home on Tuedays & Fridays:

Monday
chin-up
triceps pressdown

seated cable row
overhead triceps ext.

Tuesday
1-legged calf raise
bicycle movement

Thursday
parallel bar dip
EZ-bar curl

incline press
preacher curl

Friday
lunge
lateral raise

So far, so good!

Bear,

I just wanted to verify your workout.
For seven weeks your doing the same exercises.
15 min for group one, 5 min rest, 15 minute for group two

Is the goal to increase either weight or reps from week to week?
Obviously this increases work but, just wanted to see how your tracking success and progress.

How it works is, once you can do 20 % more reps than when you started, you then up the weights by 5 %.

So, 100 pounds at 75 reps on the first session, would increase to 105 pounds once you got to 90 reps.

Depending on your degree of conditioning and strength and recovery levels, this increase might take 3 sessions to reach, or it might take 6 or more.

The cool thing is, that, within that time frame you are "working" flat out, and really taxing your muscles to the max. Every workout.

I've been doing this training for a little longer than Bear and I've recently recruited a good, reliable training partner, to keep me at it and the truth is, from the very first EDT workout I felt like I'd just discovered weight training all over again. It is awesome.

The sweat, the pump, the pain, the growth, the challenge is sensational.

I can HIGHLY recomend it.:thumbup:

Originally posted by ragingbull
Bear,

I just wanted to verify your workout.
For seven weeks your doing the same exercises.
15 min for group one, 5 min rest, 15 minute for group two

20 minutes, 5-10 minutes rest between groups depending how long we need.

Is the goal to increase either weight or reps from week to week?
Obviously this increases work but, just wanted to see how your tracking success and progress.

As DWB said, reps, then weights.

I write down how many reps I do after each set, add them up for a total # of reps performed, then try and beat that # the next workout.

I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I keep going up and up in weights every week.

I guess I shouldn't complain as I look like I'm putting on some size as well ;)

I've been doing some EDT workouts myself lately, and I like them, I've only got a few under my belt but so far the results seem pretty positive. My first two times working out my weights were off and in most cases were a little too low, and in one case a little too high. Having an exercise that is significantly easier than the other exercise in your 20 minute session leaves you constantly pushing the weights you are having the most trouble with, so getting the weights right can be tricky (on my workout sheets I keep track of the reps, and which exercise was easier... so that the next workout I can adjust for a much better workout).

How often do you plan to change the exercises you have chosen to use in your workouts? I'm aiming for about a month (10 workouts) and then I'll revise my exercises for a bit of variety.

Originally posted by DanK
How often do you plan to change the exercises you have chosen to use in your workouts?
I'd like to stick with the same exercises for at least 8 weeks to give this routine a fair evaluation.

Then, I have no idea what I'm planning from there.

6 weeks over and I'm done with EDT, I need a break.

Overall it was a nice change from the way I usually workout.

I did increase my poundages steadily and consistently from week to week.

My muscles did fill out a little, and I reduced my BF%

My training partner and myself enjoyed the first few weeks but after that it just seemed like we were just looking to get it over with.

I've always been more of a HIT'r anyway.

Now, after my break, it's on to Max-Ot, Yeah baby!!!

I've come to pretty much the same conclusions, it does get results (at least for the specific exercises you are performing) but it also becomes a chore too. I'm taking a break, though mines more on the basis I've been sick after 3 of the last 4 workouts. It's probably just the season but doing fairly brutal edt workouts can't be helping my immune system much, hopefully when I return to working out in about a week I won't have to schedule workouts between the disease of the week. I'll probably return to doing an EDT style workout, but I will be switching up the routine/exercises.

Back