• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Maximum Potential + Maximum Effort = Maximum Results

Fredderick1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My whole focus of my weightlifting is based on two things, to train as a warrior and to unleash an effort that I haven't unleashed since my younger days. I join this magazine to receive the advice of those who have succeeded in this field. Most of the successful people in this sport will tell you how they have gotten to where they are at but all will tell you two things and those two things are #1 it has to be in your gut and you don't be a success without lifting. I learned that will power and stay power will get you more powerful and sacrifice and dedication is the way to turn pain into pleasure. The most successful of all weightlifters are the one who have made the pain a pleasure and who never slack on their efforts. I will become a part of this great fraternity, this is why I write in these forums. A famous singer one time uttered the words," the road is rough and the going gets tough and love is a hurting thing. I need to travel this road and feel the pain that it takes to stay on this road and take the advice of those who have traveled this road because if love is a hurting thing, why do so many people seek that pain? The true pleasures in life are born out of pain and only those who are willing to endure the pain experience the pleasure of the gain. I will be one of you, for a new warrior has joined. My goal, lose a tremendous amount of fat and gain some incredible muscle and would be very appreciative of the advice I receive along the way

Maximum Effort+ Maximum Effort = Maximum Effort Day 2

Today Monday 10/10 I will make all my efforts as well as my dedication a 10. To have or to do maximum of anything you must be willing to exert yourself beyond the what is expected of you zone. The maximum man is how I would like to be known,the man who gives every inch and relishes every mile. Maximum effort comes from being one to surge, you must surge beyong the hurt and still give it your all with effort. The The Maximum man only travels in one direction and that is to his destination not away from it. The Maximum Man with the Maximum Potential who gives the Maximum Efforts and who sees the Maximum Results, that my friend is the true definition of The Iron Warrior. I will only quit when I cant do anything anymore

And maximum risk. Where does Risk fit into your equation? Is this a concern of yours or do you think it should be a concern or at least worthy of a mention to those trying to achieve said goals, or do you think it is a given that as one nears maximums that injury is closer? I'm not being a debbie downer it's just something I talk about with alot of my clients and consultations.

You've got to be young. How old are you? Been watching to much deadliest warrior?
Grow up, you're not a warrior.
Learn how to train safely and effectively. Understand how diet and rest are crucial for "Maximum Results"

Lots of lovely superlatives in there but nothing really of any use to anybody. What exactly does your training look like, other than going in there with a lot of OOOOMPF

Heck I've put in mediocre effort into lifting the past 12 years and I still like the way I look and feel and how much weight I can move in comparison to your average joe in the gym. Although I agree that effort is proportionate to results, you don't need to make brutal sacrifices and base your life around lifting to look and feel great.

Heck I've put in mediocre effort into lifting the past 12 years and I still like the way I look and feel and how much weight I can move in comparison to your average joe in the gym. Although I agree that effort is proportionate to results, you don't need to make brutal sacrifices and base your life around lifting to look and feel great.

That's pretty much me. Smarter not harder for me. Plus I just don't have time for injury I'm getting old and I'm natural. Self employed = limited insurance cushion.

That's pretty much me. Smarter not harder for me. Plus I just don't have time for injury I'm getting old and I'm natural. Self employed = limited insurance cushion.

It's really about the injuries for me. You are not going to make progress if you're hurt not to mention life in general will suck.

I work hard in the gym. Yesterday i worked really hard. BUT - i also just took a week off because of a back injury. I also sometimes call my workouts based on niggles than happen. I also spent 20 minutes warming up, and 35 minutes cooling down and stretching for a 50 minute workout.

Working hard is one thing, working stupidly hard is another. There's a line between aggression in the gym and just throwing weights around. The latter you're risking injury.

Your mentality in the gym should be one of cold precision - know what you have to do, figure out what you need to do in order to do that, prepare for it, and get it done.

I work hard in the gym. Yesterday i worked really hard. BUT - i also just took a week off because of a back injury. I also sometimes call my workouts based on niggles than happen. I also spent 20 minutes warming up, and 35 minutes cooling down and stretching for a 50 minute workout.

Working hard is one thing, working stupidly hard is another. There's a line between aggression in the gym and just throwing weights around. The latter you're risking injury.

Your mentality in the gym should be one of cold precision - know what you have to do, figure out what you need to do in order to do that, prepare for it, and get it done.

IML Gear Cream!
Maximum Effort+ Maximum Effort = Maximum Effort Day 3

Thanks to all who replied, it was great to know that a lot of people within this group read what I had to say and offer some great opinion and advice but it is also part of my motivation to continue at the course that I set out and see how far that carries me. Yesterday at the gym I must say I recorded the maximum effort, from going to completion. The best part of my day was a triceps close bench at a weight that I thought was out of range and once I attempted I found out very quickly that it was in range. Today I again will train as the Maximum Man, to push a bit farther than I have been pushed, to train a littke harder that I have trained, that will be my logic for today. I have always calculated the risk but I also know that the bigger the risk the better the rewards. Today because of those great replies I am even more motivated to give that maximum effort because today I am feeling the maximum results from yesterday. the warrior in me marches on to the training arena and the man in me will exert the maximum effort.

Thanks to all who replied, it was great to know that a lot of people within this group read what I had to say and offer some great opinion and advice but it is also part of my motivation to continue at the course that I set out and see how far that carries me. Yesterday at the gym I must say I recorded the maximum effort, from going to completion. The best part of my day was a triceps close bench at a weight that I thought was out of range and once I attempted I found out very quickly that it was in range. Today I again will train as the Maximum Man, to push a bit farther than I have been pushed, to train a littke harder that I have trained, that will be my logic for today. I have always calculated the risk but I also know that the bigger the risk the better the rewards. Today because of those great replies I am even more motivated to give that maximum effort because today I am feeling the maximum results from yesterday. the warrior in me marches on to the training arena and the man in me will exert the maximum effort.

In the long run you will discover the hard way, that's its not worth it.

Id rather work hard than smart..

instead of trying to be some warrior.. just go do a good 5x5 routine like stronglifts 5x5, for a few months and see some major changes in yourself

Maximum Effort+ Maximum Effort = Maximum Effort Day 4

My day at the gym yesterday was one that I must say was very rewarding for me. I not only leaped some hurdles but I also pushed past some obstacles. One of the things that were most rewarding was a fellow gym mate of mine who not only has the work ethic but also has results that show, gave me the salute sign as I walked by and told me job well done on my previous work day. Today I have a few more obstacles that have been hindering my performance and I know that in order to be at my max I must maneuver beyond these as well. I will do my current schedule on a 6 week basis and then I will analyze my performances as well as the changes that have occurred and in the next 6 weeks work on improving and building that which needs the most attention. While visiting the favorite???s page on my internet provider I came across a site that was about getting lean military style, the thing that I liked about it was that it included after workout meals and it is something that I will use as a planner. Cardio is my next biggest challenge, I must return to my 2 mile very early morning walks, and in my nutrition my maximum effort will be practicing the will power and knowledge method, to exhibit the will power to exclude in my daily eating the things that are least beneficial and pursue the knowledge in learning the proper foods to eat to fuel the maximum potential needed to pursue my direction.

You sound like this fella!

Tony Robbins is a member of IM it seems.

I am now feeling motivated as well.

(where is the # for that Korean real estate mogul who said I could make millions in a week?)

.....just sayin.

"I have always calculated the risk but I also know that the bigger the risk the better the rewards"[/B]

I am not in any way going to put you down and man you keep on pressing with whatever is working for you, but I will say that what I quoted you saying above is probably not the best way to go about lifting. In the event you pull, tear, or break something you'll be sitting at home thinking, "maybe I got a little overzealous." I know in my gym life the weights have delivered myself a slice of humble pie a time or two.

Last edited:
Maximum Effort+ Maximum Effort = Maximum Effort

Yesterday was my day of rest and I must say this morning I am feeling very refreshed. A member of the gym I belong to had been telling me about the split method and going 4 days. Working on Monday and Tuesdays, off Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays on. I must say that this has been my most productive week and I am looking forward to the days and weeks ahead. Yesterday was spent as a learning day, a day of learning not only the different exercises and techniques but also learning the different body parts that these exercises target. I also know that after the initial 6 weeks of the current chapter I will become a bit more specialized with the German Volume method of training. I will also use Saturday as either time spent in the sauna and/or pool, to have a day of real cardio and relaxation. One thing that is really mentioned on this site is goal setting, while always heard but seldom done I have decided to set a goal and that goal is to be the Maximum Man who reaches his desired results by giving his maximum effort. I know that goals are jus as complex as the people that sets them but when the goal seeker reaches a point that he/or she has given their maximum effort of achievement then that person can say they are at their maximum best, my goal is to join that elite group.

@fredderick....

Do you have a job in management or coaching or running a company or ever been in the military?

@fredderick....

Do you like gladiator movies?
You ever been in a cockpit before?
You ever seen a grown man naked?

Question

Why is it when a person just writes a post so many cyber bullies have to come out of the woodwork. I started posting again for my benefit it was my way of physcing myself up to get to the gym to get to what I have and need to work on. In an age when people dont agree why all the negativity. In an age of cyber bullying leading to children committing suicide why do grown folks go on the attack. Come on people it is just words it is not that serious I am one man going to the gym for my benefit, not a pro and in no way a bodybuilder just trying to build a better body it is not that serious calm down

Why is it when a person just writes a post so many cyber bullies have to come out of the woodwork. I started posting again for my benefit it was my way of physcing myself up to get to the gym to get to what I have and need to work on. In an age when people dont agree why all the negativity. In an age of cyber bullying leading to children committing suicide why do grown folks go on the attack. Come on people it is just words it is not that serious I am one man going to the gym for my benefit, not a pro and in no way a bodybuilder just trying to build a better body it is not that serious calm down

Answer
When you post in the training forum you should expect feedback. Some will be good, some bad. You are incorrectly posting an online journal in the training forum. If you're going with your training plan and don't want feedback, then go to the online journals.

In addition
You're a grown ass man, not a child. You're on the internet making posts, which makes you subject to other peoples opinions/posts. If you're to sensitive to handle criticism then I would suggest you stop posting.

This post of yours seems very serious. So your contradicting yourself.

Nice job.

Please move this thread to the Anything goes section, so I can post an appropriate comment!

There are very few "cyber bullies" around here, that's one reason I stay here as opposed to some of the more "name Brand" forums. To be blunt, you're around a bunch of jacked up men mostly. Jacked up on various things, but jacked up non the less. So you can't expect much "petting" around here. But know this much, all of the criticism you've gotten is a type "A" bustin' ass in the gym dude's kinda way of saying "I care"... People are basically trying to tell you to slow your roll before you get hurt, because..."it's not that serious". I've pulled my lower back at least twice just re racking a 45lb plate! So why push your luck with what seems to be typical bravado? A slipped disc or torn bicep will humble you automatically and render you in a place where noone will have to worry about your workouts, including you. That place is back at home on the couch! Again, if there's one thing you can take with you, it's that you don't make your gains in the gym! You make them at home at the dinner table with what you put on your plate and getting adequate rest,etc. This is why people are, shall we say, "questioning your intent and protocol rather harshly"

It's all good man take it in stride cause regardless of all the jokes and shit noone, I don't think, wants to see you get fucked up! And that's all it boils down to. Yes, in some weird, bro science, slightly immature kinda way. But it's still true. :winkfinger:

Last edited:
Back