• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Exotic animals

Charlotte my adult female T. stirmi has molted. Unfortunately this means no eggsac from the mating but I will most likely try again this year :)

IML Gear Cream!
In this adorable video, a baby porcupine who had been rescued from a dog attack in early May 2014, eats heartily during a midnight syringe feeding at the Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre in Nova Scotia, Canada.

http://guyism.com/weird-news/gambian-pouched-rat-florida.html

WTFlorida: Gigantic African monster rats cannot be killed, are taking over Florida

Few things in life give me the heebie jeebies in the same way as rats. So when I first read the headline of ‘Giant Rats Won’t Die and Keep Invading Florida’ I couldn’t bring myself to click it. Well, curiosity got the best of me, and now I might never visit south Florida again…

As reported by KeysNet this week, the FOUR POUND MONSTER RATS that were thought to have been eradicated years ago are in fact immune to the undertaker’s caresses, and are once again swarming throughout south FL. Did I mention that they grow up to FOUR F*CKING POUNDS? AND 30 INCHES IN LENGTH?!?

The rats existence in Florida stemmed from some jackass Floridian who dealt in exotic pets, who sometime back between 1999-2001 thought it’d be a genius idea to let some of these mutant giants in to the wild for sh*ts and giggles. Then of course the rats did what rats do: make freakish gigantic baby rats who then make more rats until we’re all bowing down to the Rat King.

In terms of danger to humans, these 4lb beasts aren’t actually much of a threat at all. The real threat lays in these buggers trying to mess up all our lovely Floridian flora and fauna, which we just can’t have happening. In fact, aside from the remote chance you might contract monkeypox from one of them, they can actually be pretty damn useful. Yes, these mutant rats can be useful.

What you see above is the bastions of Satan being trained to SNIFF OUT MINES AND BOMB FIELDS in Africa. Just wrap your mind around that for a second. These rats are so damn massive & evolved that they’ve developed the ability to be trained to sniff out mines throughout Africa. More on that can be read here.

For now, I’m just gonna have to double down on my nightly prayers to the almighty Citrus Lord that he keep these abominations contained down in the swamps of S.FL.

Buddy the Iguana Comes Running Like A Dog When His Human Calls

Buddy, a very clever 12-year old iguana comes running like a dog when his human calls, as demonstrated in this video posted by Dave Durham.

http://laughingsquid.com/butterfly-...orable-offspring-of-a-pygmy-goat-and-a-sheep/

Butterfly the ‘Geep’, The Incredibly Rare but Adorable Offspring of a Pygmy Goat and a Sheep

Butterfly the “geep“, the incredibly rare but adorable offspring of a sheep and a pygmy goat, is growing and thriving at My Petting Zoo, a mobile petting zoo based out of Cave Creek, Arizona. Butterfly was born on July 27, 2014 and is among only a handful of geeps in the world.

Butterfly-750x499.jpg

The World?s Biggest Bunny and His Son, Who?s Predicted to Grow Even Larger Than His Dad

The world?s biggest bunny, a continental giant rabbit named Darius, measures at over four feet long and is the proud papa of Jeff, another giant rabbit who is predicted to grow even larger than his father during his last six months of growth. Their human, Annette Edwards, told the Daily Mail that she is looking forward to the day that Jeff grows bigger than his dad.

http://laughingsquid.com/the-worlds...s-predicted-to-grow-even-larger-than-his-dad/

As soon as I think he?s made it, he?ll be measured by his vet and then Guinness will certify that he is the biggest rabbit in the world. Even though they?re so big, they are very low upkeep. They really do look after themselves most of the time. They run free in the garden during the day and at night go to sleep in their cosy crates. They never make a mess and actually would be great house rabbits. Although when they start to moult at the end of the summer, they need a good daily brush. And being the world?s biggest rabbit, and his son, they?ve got a giant appetite to match. But it?s actually good for them to be eating hay all day long ? to keep their teeth and digestive system healthy.

Rare And Surprisingly Cute Three-Eyed Snake Discovered In Australia

If you are looking for an omen for these uncertain times, here it is. A three-eyed snake was found, fittingly, near Darwin, in the Northern Territory, Australia. The animal was found by rangers from the Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife who shared the photos on Facebook.

The animal is a carpet python, a species that can grow to between 2 and 4 meters (6.6-13.1 feet) and it is commonly found in Australia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea. The three-eyed creature was just a juvenile, believed to be no older than three months and only about 40 centimeters (16 inches). It was nicknamed Monty (python) when it was found in late March but, unfortunately, it passed away last week.

?It?s remarkable it was able to survive so long in the wild with its deformity, and he was struggling to feed before he died last week,? Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife Ranger Ray Chatto told NT News. The snake's body has been donated to science and is now at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in Darwin.

Its cranial malformation is what makes this particular specimen so fascinating. Its third eye appeared to be functioning perfectly and the team had to put the critter in an X-ray machine to understand properly what was going on. It turns out that the animal?s weird configuration was not caused by two separate heads fusing together as they had thought, but a single skull with an extra eye socket.

?It was generally agreed that the eye likely developed very early during the embryonic stage of development," NT Parks and Wildlife wrote in their Facebook post. "It is extremely unlikely that this is from environmental factors and is almost certainly a natural occurrence as malformed reptiles are relatively common.?

The Internet is filled with stories and videos about unusual reptiles (among other animals) with congenital malformations. Particularly popular are stories about two-headed snakes, including Gumbo and Filo a rather cute snake (or should that be snakes?) that is making the rounds of schools and community centers in Louisiana in the US with its owner Tanee Janusz to help people get more familiar with snakes in general and dispel some harmful myths about these creatures.

Three-eyed snakes, however, are particularly rare. It's a shame Monty died before he could tell us how Game of Thrones ends, as he had undoubtedly already foreseen.

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-a...u6Sc7tXAsq8g9xQ-NNM7N1rX5ykBpqoax4j0J7qsLJp2g

IML Gear Cream!
Florida used to be loaded with exotic animals people had monkeys, tigers, panthers ,lions ....all kinds of stuff that I remember when I was growing up but they've cracked down on it now

And then there's me who thinks that ferrets are special animals that I need to get them a ferret nation cage just to ensure that they won't create a house mess.

A Man Reveals a Frightening Number of Spiders in His Yard Using a Clever Flashlight Technique

The proprietor of the UsefulWidget YouTube channel revealed a frightening number of spiders in his yard using a clever flashlight technique that reflects the light in a spider?s eyes, making them appear as little sparkles in the grass. The channel posted a second video where spiders were hunted in the grass with a stick to address some skeptics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwEKe2psAA

https://laughingsquid.com/man-revea...gBA_EE9bi33O3tkKieHPTyWaGVqruralWyKazB0MWGl_o

Not pets

"MURDER HORNETS" True Facts about Asian Giant Hornet Explanation

Also not pets

After A 17-Year Siesta, Millions Of Cicadas Are About To Emerge In Parts Of The US

Undeniably, 2020 has had a bit of an ?end of the world? kind of vibe about it. First there were the fires, then the plague (read: global pandemic), and just to top it off (we're not even halfway through the year) there?ll soon be swarms of insects in their millions in parts of America. Instead of locusts however, May will see the return of millions of cicadas of the genus Magicicada that have been biding their time underground for 17 years.

Periodical cicadas are so named owing to their timely appearance above ground. "They are generational events,? entomologist Gene Kritsky, who developed an app for tracking these insects, told West Virginia's Register-Herald. ?And many people use the emergence to mark the passage of time, recall key events in their lives and just remember where they were and what they were doing the last time the cicadas came out."

The brood emerging in 2020, called brood XI, hasn?t been seen since 2003. The length of time needed for cicada larvae to mature into adults underground varies across the genus, with some making an appearance after just one year while for others, like brood XI, it can be as long as 17 years. The life cycle of periodic cicadas is one of the great mysteries for biological scientists and exactly why they take so long still isn?t fully understood.

One thing we do know is that when the cicadas, which are buried in the soil during this time of maturation, are ready to emerge, breed, and lay eggs, they come out when the soil warms up, usually during May. Their numbers continue to increase, with peak emergence usually hitting by June. Once they reach the surface, the race is on to shed their underground coats and start finding a partner, as they have a brief life expectancy of around 4 to 6 weeks, and in their haste to get going these animals are not shy.

The tsunami of brood XI spells a noisy few weeks for Southwest Virginia, North Carolina, and West Virginia as the males sing to find themselves a female. Periodical cicadas are one of the noisiest insects on Earth, creating a vibrating sound using membranes on the side of their body to kick up a racket that can reach over 90 decibels, about the level of a lawnmower. With as many as 1.5 million cicadas expected per acre in the above-mentioned states, residents should steel themselves for an earful.

"Communities and farms with large numbers of cicadas emerging at once may have a substantial noise issue," warned entomologist Eric Day at Virginia Tech in a statement. "Hopefully, any annoyance at the disturbance is tempered by just how infrequent ? and amazing ? this event is."

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-a...qRh2ruLpw4z_jtwKQT9VS5-eW0zztP7QM3zKkGQu-ZsZk

Back