IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Steve Jobs - Significance of LSD

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Steve Jobs - Significance of LSD

Resident Fiend

Rep Points

Humm, i have never heard that before, but wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully Tim Cook has some that Jobs left for him to keep things different.
    "Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't!" - Jerry Rice

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Everybody knows this don't they?
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Nothing like that ever happens to me on LSD. Ive learned its best taken alone and treated with respect.

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

my best freind from highschool is a VP of a very successful jewish bank in Manhatten and smokes weed 3 days a week since she was 16. It's like pharmaceutical drugs, an individual's response may be little in terms of side effects, harvest maximum benefits or vice versa, lots of side effects, no benefit and maybe clear detriment. In the pharmaceutical industry drugs are taken off the market when harm outweighs benefits ( ie: avandia, vioxx) but illegal drugs just continue their own way, and some people may still reap benefits even though many may not.

I know lots of psycologists who feel it unmasks hidden psycological issues, and sometimes that is good,
    Last edited by bandaidwoman; 10-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

XX Feminine power

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bandaidwoman View Post
    my best freind from highschool is a VP of a very successful jewish bank in Manhatten and smokes weed 3 days a week since she was 16. It's like pharmaceutical drugs, an individual's response may be little in terms of side effects, harvest maximum benefits or vice versa, lots of side effects, no benefit and maybe clear detriment. In the pharmaceutical industry drugs are taken off the market when harm outweighs benefits ( ie: avandia, vioxx) but illegal drugs just continue their own way, and some people may still reap benefits even though many may not.

I know lots of psycologists who feel it unmasks hidden psycological issues, and sometimes that is good,
    It's funny.

You can always tell when someone hasn't done it.

Because they always talk about it from some scientific perspective like:
    "it may unmask hidden psychological issues, but sometimes that is good".

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

true, i am a goody too shoes. Not even weed. However, I hang out with friends who do all kinds of drugs. Of course, I take care of "bad trips" that end up in the ER or ICU, and all sundries of drug complications......I think the most destructive drug to society as a whole is still alcohol follwed by prescription narcotic abuse....

XX Feminine power

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

true, i am a goody too shoes. Not even weed. However, I hang out with friends who do all kinds of drugs. Of course, I take care of "bad trips" that end up in the ER or ICU, and all sundries of drug complications......I think the most destructive drug to society as a whole is still alcohol follwed by prescription narcotic abuse....
    Why haven't you wanted to try anything?

Too scared?

Also, bad trips ending up in the ER?????
    Perhaps your friends shouldn't mix meth and dissociative drugs.

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by myCATpowerlifts View Post
    Why haven't you wanted to try anything?

Too scared?

Also, bad trips ending up in the ER?????
    Perhaps your friends shouldn't mix meth and dissociative drugs.
    with my ADH deficiency ( alcohol dehydrogenase def) when I drink alcohol it acts like Antabuse ( I turn red and feel like I will blow up and my head expodes with pain), I have severe brochospasms around smoke so anything smoked is out of the question, and when I had my back surgery and got IV morphine I hallucinated red baboons trearing apart my spinal wound, I figure I just don't have the body and brain to get anything pleasurable out of any drugs. In essence, fate dealt me perfect negative reinforcements....

as for bad trips I saw things like dissecting strep fasciitis from the tactile hallucinations incurred by a bad LSD trip ( these guys the infection spreads so fast you have to fillet open the tissue, sometimes amputate the extremities and use oxygen hyperbaric therapy within hours or they die), this one guy lost both arms and one leg and was left with just the left leg r 12 hours after the infection set in, he had clawed his skin to pieces 18 hours before showing up at the er..
    Last edited by bandaidwoman; 10-18-2011 at 11:26 AM.

XX Feminine power

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

with my ADH deficiency ( alcohol dehydrogenase def) when I drink alcohol it acts like Antabuse ( I turn red and feel like I will blow up and my head expodes with pain), I have severe brochospasms around smoke so anything smoked is out of the question, and when I had my back surgery and got IV morphine I hallucinated red baboons trearing apart my spinal wound, I figure I just don't have the body and brain to get anything pleasurable out of any drugs. In essence, fate dealt me perfect negative reinforcements....

as for bad trips I saw things like dissecting strep fasciitis from the tactile hallucinations incurred by a bad LSD trip ( these guys the infection spreads so fast you have to fillet open the tissue, sometimes amputate the extremities and use oxygen hyperbaric therapy within hours or they die), this one guy lost both arms and one leg and was left with just the left leg r 12 hours after the infection set in, he had clawed his skin to pieces 18 hours before showing up at the er..

Wow.

Okay. Fair enough.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sounds like someone abusing it, probably took a megadose, or didn't have the mental stability to be taking it in the first place. But we have seen bad outcomes from legally prescribed meds, so what is the difference? I've taken LSD and functioned normally in a navy chow hall surrounded by Captains and a couple Admirals, they probably thought I was just a little hung over...

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

true, my beef is still with mostly alcohol and prescription pain use as most destructive on society, Meth, cocaine, may be more destructive to the individual. I feel my hallucinations with morphine was so bad I don't dare try LSD. Every ones' brains are different. WIth that said, though I have never tried illegal drugs we should just legalize all of them, talk about saving on taxes. it's not like it stops the drug use. I equate keeping drugs illegal to enforcing any illegal gun ownership. You aren't going to stop the person from acquiring and using it. Prohibtion of alcohol did not stop alcohol use in this country.

XX Feminine power

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Unfortunately the western culture is the only culture throughout the history of mankind who has banned these highly beneficial substances and then demonised them with propaganda tactics which only pushed them out of the medical wards and the science labs where they could be used responsibly and into the hands of the general western public who abuse them as though they are just any other party drug when infact they are far from it.

This is a great documentary that interviews the scientists and the psychiatrists who were both using and administering this drug to patients for the small period of time that it was legal.

Among many other things, it also tells of the U.S. military experiment where the U.S. sprayed their own troops with LSD via an aeroplane during a practice drill to find out how effective this drug could be if used as a weapon by means of confusing their enemy. The experiment backfired on the U.S. as after the trip ended the troops quit the army.

That's what this drug does. It allows people to think independently and when people are forced to see a reality through a different state of consciousness they can often fall apart psychologically as they can no longer attach themselves to goals, ideas and beliefs that their ego has constructed both consciously and subconsciously or they can open doors in their mind that broaden their state of awareness and allow them shake off a lifetime of destructive beliefs.

The military would have been far better off spraying their troops with beer.

Rep Points

If you havn't tried it don't, it's hard to find people like that nowadays congrats