• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wishing to become a department of corrections officer

MakeItMethylated

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any tips on how I can get in?

Start with the Sheriff. They put you to work the jails for the first few years, cracking skulls. What state?

Go apply at a prison...

go to the city personel office human resources ...They will hook u up..GICH:coffee:

Yea, do the sheriffs route or just check out the Dept Of Corrections for website for your state. There most likely isn't any academic requirements especially for the DOC route. IMO, sheriff is the way to go.

Good place to start it the city jail, and then work your way up to the county and state institutions. Got a buddy who worked for ten years and transferred over as a court bailiff. He works nine to five, nice pay and great retirement coming up in a few years. Not a bad way to go. Do your job and move up the ladder.

IML Gear Cream!
Take the civil service test. On the application you mark off where you would work and corrections is a section to mark off. Then pass the test and dept will notify you based on your ranking. Trust me I am from NJ and took the test a few times. It expires every two years

every single person I know that works in the DOC is miserable and depressed, that line of work takes a toll on a person.

Yea, do the sheriffs route or just check out the Dept Of Corrections for website for your state. There most likely isn't any academic requirements especially for the DOC route. IMO, sheriff is the way to go.

I'll check it out

Good place to start it the city jail, and then work your way up to the county and state institutions. Got a buddy who worked for ten years and transferred over as a court bailiff. He works nine to five, nice pay and great retirement coming up in a few years. Not a bad way to go. Do your job and move up the ladder.

That sounds good to me I def wanna move up

Take the civil service test. On the application you mark off where you would work and corrections is a section to mark off. Then pass the test and dept will notify you based on your ranking. Trust me I am from NJ and took the test a few times. It expires every two years

I plan to take it but can barely find any info on it

every single person I know that works in the DOC is miserable and depressed, that line of work takes a toll on a person.

I guess that's the price you gotta pay

In most states, there are two kinds of corrections officers. BOTH must pass the same basic requiremenst
as set forth by that state's police and corrections training commissions. You have local corrections and
state corrections. The local correctional officers staff the local detention centers, this is where people are
held when the police arrest them and if they cannot post their bail, they stay at the detention center until
their respective trial date. These are normally staffed by the local sheriff department BUT they are
corrections officers, not certified police officers like a sheriff's deputy is. If the citizen is acquitted,
then they are set free.

A sheriff is a certified police officer just like a police officer; the difference is that the sheriff
handles civil issues, corrections and courthouse security. A police officer handles the criminal
investigations and traffic complaints. Some areas have full service sheriff's which means that
there is no local police department AND the sheriff's department does BOTH civil, traffic and criminall issues.

The state corrections is a little more demanding because this is where a chump is sent once they
have been tried, convicted and sentenced. This is where everyone from your local hardhead to lifers
area sent. The prison population in here for the most part is more educated than what the public thinks
and some really do not give a fuq about rules and regulations because of the large amount of time that
they are already serving.

Back