• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

YMCA Fights Steroids with Christian Principles

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
YMCA Fights Steroids with Christian Principles
By Millard Baker ~ source

Mike Carroll, the CEO of Countryside YMCA in Lebanon, has been celebrating his role as a whistleblower in a multi-jurisdictional investigation that resulted in the indictment of 32 individuals involved in a major steroid distribution ring. Carroll proudly told the media that he was the man responsible for alerting authorities to a steroid dealer at the YMCA which initiated the large-scale investigation. Furthermore, he bragged about secretly cooperating for two years with an undercover police officer who lifted weights with the express goal of infiltrating the local steroid scene at the gym. The celebration was short-lived.

Carroll failed to anticipate a backlash resulting from his public statements highlighting the role of the Countryside YMCA in the steroid bust. The Cincinnati Enquirer website has reported that the Countryside YMCA was inundated with cancellation requests by members in the aftermath of the bust. This occurred even as the YMCA reiterated that no steroid sales actually occurred on the YMCA grounds.

Carroll cited the YMCA???s ???Christian principles??? to defend his actions in an email to members.

???Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice and build healthy spirit, mind and body for all, and we have a zero tolerance for drug activities,??? wrote Carroll. ???Alerting police to this illegal activity was one example of how we live up to our mission.???

Carroll???s decision to alert authorities to potential illegal activity at a company is understandable for a CEO. However, his eagerness to publicize the role of the YMCA in the bust of a criminal steroid organization brings unwanted attention to the YMCA. It was clearly a poor public relations decision.

It brought unwanted attention to the problem of steroid use at commercial gyms. It created the perception that the YMCA was a hotbed for illegal steroid dealing and steroid use. Jeni Moore, the Countryside YMCA pre-teen and teen coordinator, believed the low participation in recent youth events may be attributed to the recent attention.

Other gyms were also caught up in the steroid investigation. The manager of the LA Fitness in West Chester was actually indicted in the bust. Police reported that steroid sales occurred on the premises of Urban Active in Deerfield. Neither gym reported being affected by the scandal. Unlike the Countryside YMCA, LA Fitness and Urban Active did not go out of their way to seek publicity nor did they conspire to plant undercover officers to spy on their members.

Nonetheless, Mike Carroll stated he would do the exact same thing in spite of the negative fallout his actions have caused for the YMCA. ???Yes I would, even knowing that I would probably get stung again by the initial reports.???

Sources:
Morse, J. (November 5, 2011). Gyms get bad rap in steroid sting: Whistleblower YMCA reports member confusion, backlash. Retrieved from Gyms get bad rap in steroid sting | CommunityPress.com | cincinnati.com

That man sickens me.

What a self-righteous prick.

Yep my thoughts exactly. However if it was "hard" drugs that he disrupted, I bet he wouldn't be bragging so openly.

Yep my thoughts exactly. However if it was "hard" drugs that he disrupted, I bet he wouldn't be bragging so openly.

Someone needs to find dirt on him.

Didn't Jesus say something about not judging people? if only Christians were more Christ like...

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turns up in the back of caddillac somewhere in jersey. I guess the juice industry isnt backed up by an army of relentless thugs willing to kill you for you new pair of Nikes. Probably a bunch of white boys who aren't vindictive in nature.

Don't drop the soap!

truedat. don't wanna get on no Mexican cartel's radar.

god = aliens

the return of jesus = the return of the aliens

Will they be coming down on a cloud to take all the creationist, homophobes out of here?

Back