• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Manufacturing Steroids Considered Child Abuse in New Mexico

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Manufacturing Steroids Considered Child Abuse in New Mexico
By Millard Baker ~ source

A man in New Mexico has been charged with child abuse after police discovered an underground laboratory used to manufacture anabolic steroids in his home. Simply allowing children to be present where the chemicals or equipment for the manufacture of anabolic steroids (controlled substances) are used or stored can be the basis for child abuse charges under New Mexico law.

The Albuquerque Police Department’s Eastside Narcotics Team discovered evidence of a clandestine laboratory when they executed a search warrant on the home of Ruben Jaramillo, Jr. Items consistent with the manufacture of steroids were displayed in plain sight in various rooms throughout the house including the kitchen and master bedroom. Jaramillo’s two teenage daughters were present when police raided the home.

Police reported finding two kilograms of unprocessed steroid powder, sunflower oil, benzyl alcohol, empty vials, 186 vials of anabolic steroids including some vials labeled “testosterone cypionate”. A ledger recovered at the scene detailed the prices, quantities and types of anabolic steroids involved.

KOB Eyewitness News 4 displayed a picture of a vial with the UGL label “Gold Bull Pharma” attached. The main internet distributor has chosen to “disassociate” itself from the Gold Bull Pharma brand and has cut prices to help clear out inventory in the aftermath of the bust.

At least 10 states have laws on the books defining the manufacture of controlled substances as child abuse. It is doubtful that legislators had anabolic steroids in mind when they passed this legislation. They were most likely reacting to the dangers facing children living in residential clandestine methamphetamine laboratory. The toxic compounds, hazardous waste and highly volatile chemicals used in meth labs place children in immediate danger of ongoing chemical contamination and the possibility of fires and explosions.

A meth-using and/or meth-manufacturing parent is categorically different than a steroid-using parent. However, the laws in many states are written such that they can be applied to the manufacturer of any controlled substance.

This is apparently the case in Albuquerque. This may be the first time that “steroids as child abuse” has been pursued by prosecutors.

Police have determined that Ruben Jaramillo, Jr. place his 11- and 13-year old daughters in “harm’s way” with the mere presence of steroids and paraphernalia in his home.

Source:
Martinez, R. (November 9, 2011). Man Charged in Steroids Distribution Case. Retrieved from ABQjournal.com: Albuquerque Journal login page

And the bad press for steroids continues. Granted, the children were around all the chemicals and what not, they are putting it in the same light as crank cookers. Needless to say, he's screwed....

:wtf: seriously :wtf: how do they even make up these charges? Next we'll be hearing about animal abuse because they found steroids in someones home that had a pet.

This is common practice everywhere. If you are illegally manufacturing drugs in your home and have kids, you will be charged with child abuse. I also think that it is justified. I know I don't want my kids around that shit...steroids or not.

No matter what you gotta have some respect if your gonna play the game thats one thing but damn keep the family and especially the kids out of harms way. I would say its Justified as well.

If you had ever been in the home, you'd most certainly agree with the charge. Keep in mind that this wasn't his first bust, and there were rec drugs involved in both cases. I don't even keep my multi-vitamins in arm's reach of my children, much less gear, processing chemicals or kilos of powder.

If you had ever been in the home, you'd most certainly agree with the charge. Keep in mind that this wasn't his first bust, and there were rec drugs involved in both cases. I don't even keep my multi-vitamins in arm's reach of my children, much less gear, processing chemicals or kilos of powder.

i like to get a hold of ur lock box....lol jk :roflmao:

And the bad press for steroids continues. Granted, the children were around all the chemicals and what not, they are putting it in the same light as crank cookers. Needless to say, he's screwed....

The greatest danger he made the kids susceptible to was a potentially trigger happy (and ironically probably AAS using) SWAT member poppin off rounds when they raided his house. The kids were never in more danger than when they did this raid so LE chose to put kids in harm's way rather than wait for them to be out of the house.

According to estimates, for every 4 guys participating on this raid, at least one has used AAS. Among SWAT these numbers are suspected to be even higher. I have posted a link here before but just search in google it's not hard to find.

Back