• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Buying a new cell phone..

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right now, I have a LeMarq (or some shit) from LG that I acquired from my carrier, Sprint, for free. However, it truly is a piece. This morning I woke up to a malfunctioning cell due to a puddle.

So I went shopping.

I figured, theres gotta be some special deal as there was when I got this phone and perhaps I can acquire one from this generation and join the herd.

After some brief browsing at the Sprint store, I decided on a Samsung Transform. After rebates, it would come out to $50. This was the route I took last time, so why not?

I do remember last time I bought the LeMarcq(sp?) that Sprint tried to bang me out with an "upgrade fee," so I asked.

"Yes, theres a $36 upgrade fee on any of these phones."

Thinking, ok, I am paying for a decent phone that is up to date for $86? Thats fair.

"Just to let you know, your sprint bill will go up $10 a month with the switch over to a smart phone."

Why? No, ya know what? For a better quality of life, ill pay the extra $10. Taking a gruesome shit sometimes takes days to deliver, so I would like the entertainment. No problem.

"Are you due for an upgrade?" Ummmm, yes? Hah, I dont know, what do you mean?

"It says here you bought your current phone 1 year ago this month and youre not due until 2012." Uhhh... alright?

"Youd have to pay the full $349 price."

No thanks.

What the fuck? What happened to these cell phone clerks? My friends years ago made a shit ton of money selling this shit because they bargained. Ya know, like actual salesman? The woman just lost a sale when I was willing to pay more than I thought.

I think this is crazy, but is this how the cell phone world works? Or did I make the initial mistake from going to the dealer?

Call sprint up and threaten to cancel. I'm sure they will give a better deal than in store.

Sprint has changed up a lot of shit due to the iPhone. Basically every smartphone now requires a $10 extra data plan. Also, they are the only ones with unlimited data, however this will change because their network is getting clusterfucked HARD by data hungry users.

It's sad, but they invested like 20 billion dollars into the iPhone over a 4-5 year period. They are recouping as much as they can. As far as canceling goes, they probably will not do a damn thing.

Also, they used to offer unlimited 4G on their broadband cards. Now it's capped to only 5GB. They are becoming Verizon and AT&T. T-Mobile is done because AT&T PAC-MANed their ass.

Seriously? Thats the 2nd time I heard that.
I'll third this. I was just talking to a co-worker about it.

If you're not in a contract, cell phone providers are like David Chappelle's "crack president." If you threaten to leave, they be all like, "I'll suck yo dick!"

If you negotiate correctly, you can get some good swag.

But. I am in a contract til 2012.

Last year, when I bought this piece of shit, I got it for free with all these rebates. I wanted to cancel my contract and jump ship to Verizon, but after visiting their place, they sure as shit didnt seem like they wanted a sale. Soooo, I ventured over to Sprint and got the cheapest piece of shit I can find, and sign another god damn contract.

However, Sprint did get better. Or everyone else got worse to even the score... Either way, I just want a new damn phone.

But. I am in a contract til 2012.

Last year, when I bought this piece of shit, I got it for free with all these rebates. I wanted to cancel my contract and jump ship to Verizon, but after visiting their place, they sure as shit didnt seem like they wanted a sale. Soooo, I ventured over to Sprint and got the cheapest piece of shit I can find, and sign another god damn contract.

However, Sprint did get better. Or everyone else got worse to even the score... Either way, I just want a new damn phone.

That's your mistake right there. Never ever get the cheapest piece of shit they give you. I'm surprised it even lasted a year for you. I'd recommend buying a phone off craigs list but you need to know your stuff or you will be scammed.

Yep especially with CDMA phones like Verizon or Sprint. If the account isn't paid off or some shady bastard calls it in as stolen, than they will not activate it and you'd be left with a paperweight.

IML Gear Cream!
This is some bullshit. All I want is a different fucking phone. I am not a gadget guy so I am not in need for a top notch iPhone47.8S for free. However, if I want a newer phone, I shouldnt have a fucking hassle. The principle of all this is what really disturbs this and the fact the my current contract cancellation fee is $100 and that it goes down per month, I have to consider jumping ship.

Been with these pricks since 2003, give me a new fucking phone.

Latest and last update:

So, I pay $8 for insurance that I never use. I decided it was time to collect and get a replacement phone. I mean, its free.

WAIIIIIIITTTTTTTT RIGHT THERE BUCKO. $50 deductible please. :eek2: Now, I didnt fully destroy my last phone before this LeMarq, but it was a real piece of shit (Katana II) and I had that fucker replaced not once but twice for FREE. What do you mean deductible?!

God dammit, I cant catch a break? Meanwhile, my phone is gettign worse and worse. I finally decide, I am gonna go pay for price for a phone. When I get back to the dealer, I told them "Hi, I am here to get RAPED by full retail price because I am not upgrade eligible." The guy takes a moment, processes the word use of RAPE, and then says, you could buy a used phone. Really? Where? Walking distance and Re-tech.

I go there and find a mint Samsung Transform for under $190, with warranty, and NO resigning of contracts.

Why did I go there? Well, I wouldve bought a used phone from a friend if I had one that was selling one, so why not go with a store with a warranty that I cant get with eBay?

Back