Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Steroid Scandal at Kabbadi World Cup Sends USA and Australia Home

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

by Millard Baker ~ source

The 2011 Kabaddi World Cup has been marred by a major steroid scandal after 31 players have tested positive for anabolic steroids and/or performance-enhancing drugs. Ten out of the 14 countries invited to play at the World Cup have been affected. These include players from Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Spain, Italy, Norway, Germany, Argentina and India.

The name of the drugs involved have not been officially identified by India’s National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). The anabolic steroid nandrolone is said to have been the culprit in several of the doping cases. Nandrolone decanoate is the active ingredient in the popular steroid brand Deca Durabolin.

The entire Australian kabaddi national team was dismissed from the competition after a total of seven players were disqualified after receiving analytical and non-analytical positives. Five players tested positive while two players refused to take the test.

Australia coach Ravinder Singh reported that the disqualifications left Australia unable to field a full seven-player team.

Pakistan filed a formal complaint against the United States team after the US team beat them. The complaint cited 5 non-analytical positive tests by US players.

The United States national kabaddi team was not caught using steroids. However, Manjinder Singh was caught trying to substitute his urine sample with water and subsequently verbally abusing the anti-doping official after he was busted.

Four other US players flat-out refused to submit urine samples for the anti-doping test.

The Kabaddi World Cup management ultimately decided to kick the United States national team out of the tournament.

India, the host country, only had one positive steroid test. India had tried to weed out steroid users during the country’s selection trials for the Kabaddi World Cup in October.

During the trials, nineteen out of 31 urine samples showed metabolites of anabolic steroids and/or other performance-enhancing drugs. India players were caught using steroids including Winstrol (stanozolol), Dianabol (methendienone), trenbolone, Masteron (drostanolone) and Deca Durabolin (nandrolone decanoate) during the trials.

Kabaddi is a 4,000 year-old South East Asian team sport that involves tackling, breath-holding, hand-holding and chanting “kabaddi, kabaddi, kabaddi”. Steroid testing has only recently been implemented quickly. The use of steroids appears to be rampant in kabaddi based on early results.

Source:
    AFP. (November 14, 2011). Australia kicked out of kabaddi ‘World Cup’ for drugs. Retrieved from Australia kicked out of kabaddi ‘World Cup’ for drugs | Sport | DAWN.COM

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Damn, steroids are the new witch hunt. Leave the athletes alone.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

another great post by Millard

Chemically Engineered

Rep Points

I can understand that steroids can make you better ay certain sports, but a majority of sports that players use aas in, require skill, steroids do not make you better, they only help you repair your broken down body, just to break it down again.

Imo steroids should be allowed because these sports are some of these guys carrers, they rely on their bodies to make an income. So keeping that body in tip top shape would be a must for most.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

^^^THIS
    Athletes should be allowed to juice. They are competing for millions of dollars and athleticism and genetics only get you so far. Also for parents and officials to say that kids looks towards to them as role models, really need to slap themselves in the face and quit blaming and projecting their piss-poor parenting on someone else.

The ones who bitch about steroid abuse and that it causes an unfair advantage are probably remote-warriors who have never played a sport in their life.
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

Rep Points

Good post and crazy at the same time and WHEN will people stop using deca if there goingto be tested 18 months forget that

CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolLifter View Post
    I can understand that steroids can make you better ay certain sports, but a majority of sports that players use aas in, require skill, steroids do not make you better, they only help you repair your broken down body, just to break it down again.

Imo steroids should be allowed because these sports are some of these guys carrers, they rely on their bodies to make an income. So keeping that body in tip top shape would be a must for most.
    This^^^ x100000

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Kabbadi is an extremely violent sport...I would be geared too.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Put it this way, during my rugby days, gear was as common in preparation for the upcoming match (and recovery from the last match) as beer was during the post match drinkup. Violent collission sports such as Ruby or in this case, Kabbadi, are more or less a test of manhood so what's wrong with letting GROWN MEN make a personal choice to use gear. When I had the ball I definately ran like a pissed of bull and did not run out of bounds, ever. Two (2) 40 minute halves of rugby will inflict damage to the body and joints so any sport with such kind of potential for physical harm should allow gear as a choice for recovery purposes. Why is someone offended that an athlete uses gear? Raise your kids right and they'll know better than to run gear during their teenage years. Don't blame the athletes for your own parental shortcomings. It's like blaming Hollywood if your child commits a copycat murder he/she saw in a film.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I can't really agree completely with all this. I DO agree that gear should be allowed. However, till it is, braking the rules is not the way to go about it. That does send a bad message to kids and adults as well. If you don't agree with rules or the law, just ignore them. That gives gear a bad name as well. Steroid ignorant people, like I was not too long ago, look and see players cheating with gear. Looks bad.

Somehow, I wish I had the answer as to how, there needs to be a real effort to go after this stupid rule and allow gear is sports.

I cannot be blamed for what I say. So don't listen to what I write because I am clearly

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    The United States national kabaddi team was not caught using steroids. However, Manjinder Singh was caught trying to substitute his urine sample with water and subsequently verbally abusing the anti-doping official after he was busted.
    Could someone really be that dumb?