full body vs split

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

full body vs split

I have never really done fullbody training sessions. And I'm wondering if any adavanced lifters have had any luck with it.

Im currently 27YO 5',9" 240#, 10-12%bf 11 years training. Im getting burnt out on this 5 day a week split and thinking about MWF. one exersice per bodypart on each day.

Any input is welcome thanks

Rep Points

Well I did a fbw for about a year and what I found for me it kept me conditioned. Im back to a 4 day split now to get some strength back. I mixed it up and supersetted 2 exercises per body part sometimes too.
    DRSE: SEEK AND DESTROY

Rep Points

I like FBW and splits. As long as your sets per muscle group come out about the same at the end of the week, it isn't much different. Personal preference, really.

BEEFCAKE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Its good to change stuff up every 6-8 weeks anyway. You might try mixing up FBW for a while, and then 2 muscle groups /day, maybe 4 day split w/ 3 days off in there/week. Another option is some supersetting such as Poliquin's German Body Comp. Anything that goes more than 2 muscle groups / day is probably going to be more conditioning-oriented than hypertrophy / strength-oriented. So you might look at it like a deloading phase and then pick up again w/ growth-phase again. You might also look at modifying your diet to support more conditioning than growth while you're doing this as well.

All posts are for entertainment. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Rep Points

Change is alway's good. I modified my diet to lower cal/high protein and use super set's 8-12 rep's keeping heart-rate in 60-70% range for 45 minutes. My conditioning has improved drastically and still keeping my mass. I recommend this highly.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

thanks Ill give it a go for a month to see how it goes

Rep Points

Hi... I want to know that what do you mean by full body VS split body?

YM
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

3 FB a week are great....Only issue I had was my front delts got fried.

I prefer Upper/Lower off Upper/Lower

Do it!

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Fully body workouts are fantastic. There are lots of proponents of full body workouts. I've stuck with upper and lower body workouts for a long time myself, but I've had great success in the past with full body workouts. I like Chad Waterbury's method of setting up full body workouts, but there are plenty of other good options. You can try utilizing the template I have posted on here, which is a lot more general and leaves more variables up to your disposal. HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) is a system that also espouses full body workouts.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Slave to the Irons

Rep Points

I'm by no means an advanced lifter, but I gained some solid weight doing programs like HST. It feels really good not to have to pace yourself over 3-4 sets. Warm up, kill your set, move on.

Rep Points

i do splits, but different variations. i HATE full body workouts. I respond best to a higher volume. I rotate between my own 4 day split, DC training and 5x5 throughout the year.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Right now i'm doing some sort of press, some sort of squat, and some sort of pull every workout. Really enjoying it. I've always been a fan of fullbody splits (fullbody for me is training upper and lower body in the same session).

Also like upper/lower splits too. Did those for a while before switching to this. Both work, just keep it fun so you'll stick to it. The split wont necessarily make or break your program so it really comes down to preference.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.