Hey guys! One of the things people miss the most and assume they can’t have when they are attempting to reach their fitness goals is definitely breakfast sweets….just like french toast! Lets face it….eggs can get pretty boring after a while. This is by far one of my favorite breakfast dishes and YES…it actually does taste just like the starchy and sugary french toast you get anywhere else! The sugar-free syrup I use is great as well (doesn’t have a nasty after-taste that many of the “sugar-free” products suffer from).
1/2 oz Pork Rinds
60 mL (4 Tbsp) Half & Half
3 Packets Sweetener (I used PureVia but Splenda is fine)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp Olivio Butter
1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup
**Links to products located at end of post**
1. In a bowl beat 2 eggs
2. In the same bowl mix in the half and half, sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
3. Crush up the pork rinds either by hand or in a processor (I used the “Magic Bullet”). It is perfectly fine if there are still pieces/chunks of the pork rinds that have not been finely ground (it actually comes out better and adds a bit of a “crunch” to the french toast).
4. Add the crushed pork rinds to the liquid mixture in the bowl and let sit for about 3-5 minutes to allow the mixture to become a little soggy.
5. Coat skillet with butter and either non-stick cooking spray or olive/safflower oil and heat the stove top to a medium setting.
6. Add the mixture and cook like a pancake! (wait until the mixture starts to bubble and then flip).
7. Serve with sugar-free maple syrup and enjoy!
For more daily and personally made low carb and keto recipes check out Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips