NapsGear.net

German volume training?

Rep Points

German volume training?

Tried this on leg day did 10 sets of 10 leg press 4 sets of leg ext this lit my legs up and was difficult. My question is why is this better than 3 different moves that equal or exceed number of sets? Going to try it with chest next week.

Rep Points

There is no better workout.Every workout is good until the body gets use to it. The german volume training is a good change of pace for 4-5 weeks then it should be changed IMO.

The main thing you should concentrate is getting stronger on the compound exercises.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mkpaint View Post
    Tried this on leg day did 10 sets of 10 leg press 4 sets of leg ext this lit my legs up and was difficult. My question is why is this better than 3 different moves that equal or exceed number of sets? Going to try it with chest next week.
    Did you do 10 sets of 10 or ARE/WILL you be doing GVT?
    If you're doing GVT, then you will add 5 or 10 lbs to the weight you previously used on your leg day and you'll do another 10 sets of 10 reps. Lather, rinse and repeat until you absolutely, positively cannot complete all 10x10. Depending on how fast your body gains strength and endurance, this might go on for a few months. One day is NOT GVT.

It's 'better' because it trains one movement exclusively, at a generally lighter weight so that strict form can be followed. It's not for machine work, it's for free weight work. You should be doing squats, not leg presses. It helps train a movement pattern, and the volume uses all the accessory and stabilizer muscles to such a degree that they are forced to adapt, too. Thus when you go back to your regular lifting routine, you'll be more stable, have better form, and should have a substantial increase in the 10RM, 8RM, 5RM or 3RM weight you use. Because you begin with a fairly light weight, it's a good de-loading routine, I think.

I used it awhile back on squats, check my old posts to see my experience. I'm currently using it on flat bench, in fact I just maxed out, failed 10 reps on sets 8, 9 and 10 this week, so it's on to stage two of GVT.

Rep Points

I did smolov squat cycle for 8wks getting stronger every workout till my hurt knee gave up... In that 2months time I put 60lbs on my max (tryed it about 4wks after due to knee not feelin good) so it could have been more from not squating deep after I hurt it.
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/
    hate it or love it....

Rep Points

did 10 sets first time plan on keeping it up. thanks for info will do squats next week legs are toast

Rep Points

Do yourself a favor and start stretching your legs.... Do it every day, even if your not squating.
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/
    hate it or love it....