• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Whey protein breakdown for Lactose Intolerants

suprfast

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know if the body will digest the protein differently for a person that is LI. Obviously the sugars dont break down and we get bubble butts but what about the nutritional portion?

I was planning on taking a different members advice and buying a costco size pack of lactase pills(less than .10 per pill) and then buying regular priced whey(optimum nutrition, enter brand here). Would my body still digest the protein? Im thinking it would since its just the sugars but im kinda clueless how the damn digestive tract works.

Thanks in advance. I know the best answer would be to just use the super expensive isolate but why if its more cost effective to pop a pill.

Have you looked into egg white protein? I'm not lactose intolerant, but whey absolutely rips my stomach to shit. I switched to egg white and it's a complete 180.

Have you looked into egg white protein? I'm not lactose intolerant, but whey absolutely rips my stomach to shit. I switched to egg white and it's a complete 180.

Im sure its just more expensive. I use a cytosport offspring that costco carries but the price just increased a few bucks for a 4lb jug. Its right at 9.50 per lb.

I know if I take a lactase pill I can rule the world and eat all the ice cream Id want(and I have, but its a once in a great while splurge).

Im jealous of regular priced protein powders that come out to around 5.00/lb(especially when buying on amazon).

180 pills is roughly 15.00 at costco which should add roughly .10 to each protein shake. I can live with that as it would still be much cheaper. Just wondering if I would miss on any digestive benefits from taking a lactase pill.

Isopure Zero Carb, absolutely wonderful. Not the cheapest but it wont hurt your stomach and I have a very sensitive stomach. Just buy a pouch of it to try it out.

Isopure Zero Carb, absolutely wonderful. Not the cheapest but it wont hurt your stomach and I have a very sensitive stomach. Just buy a pouch of it to try it out.

Been through two buckets of this. I hate how it mixed. chalky and rough texture

Maybe if the pricing is better with a larger order. Willing to buy 50 lbs if the price is right.

Do you have sample packs I can buy to try out the flavors?

yeah we hear the pricing issue often, the thing people don't realize is you get what you pay for and there is a reason our whey protein is priced where it is.

if you're buying whey isolate that is inexpensive trust me it's not what you think it is or what the label says.

we do offer our whey in 5lb bags.

A very quick way to see if your protein powder contains lots of byproducts is to check the serving size grams in comparison to the protein grams.

Cytosport Muscle Milk lists a 70 gram serving size but ONLY 32 grams of that is protein. The rest is sugar, fat and other byproducts.

IronMagLabs whey Isolate lists a 30 gram serving size and 26 grams of that is protein.

As you can see, actual protein content can vary widely. You may think you are getting a DEAL but all you are getting is a bunch of sugar and fat with some CHEAP brands.

Been through two buckets of this. I hate how it mixed. chalky and rough texture
Same here. Isopure has good stats but tastes absolutely awful in water.

The stuff at Costco I use is a 34g scoop and 26g of protein. Its definitely not the normal muscle milk.

The stuff at Costco I use is a 34g scoop and 26g of protein. Its definitely not the normal muscle milk.
Do you have a link to the exact product? I'm curious to read the label.

ill have to snap a picture of the label when I get home. Cant seem to find anything online since its one of those proprietary costco deals.

I do know its not 100% isolate. Its something like 70 or 80% concentrate to 20-30% isolate blend. Im sure we can get in the argument that what I am paying for is not in fact isolate, when my argument is I am paying for lactose free. Labels states it, my stomach and colon confirms it. I have zero issues with it. Two flavors, chocolate shake and vanilla shake. Vanilla is the better option, and I can mix in a tb of cocoa to turn it chocolate. Mixes great with a shaker cup with milk and water. Zero issues in the vita-mix(but thats obvious, i can mix asphalt in there and it will come out with a smooth consistency).

ill have to snap a picture of the label when I get home. Cant seem to find anything online since its one of those proprietary costco deals.

I do know its not 100% isolate. Its something like 70 or 80% concentrate to 20-30% isolate blend. Im sure we can get in the argument that what I am paying for is not in fact isolate, when my argument is I am paying for lactose free. Labels states it, my stomach and colon confirms it. I have zero issues with it. Two flavors, chocolate shake and vanilla shake. Vanilla is the better option, and I can mix in a tb of cocoa to turn it chocolate. Mixes great with a shaker cup with milk and water. Zero issues in the vita-mix(but thats obvious, i can mix asphalt in there and it will come out with a smooth consistency).
Yeah, I couldn't find any info on that brand either.

I know Sam's Club sells a cheap whey but the stats on it are average at best. When I diet I don't like extra sugar or fat in my shakes so I only buy clean whey isolates. Anyway if you are happy with it then great.

heavyiron is powered by IronMagLabs Whey Isolate.

I use 6 servings every day.

attachment.php

IMG_20111121_191119.jpg

IMG_20111121_191157.jpg

IMG_20111121_191144.jpg

Its under 10.00 per lb. I didnt calculate what it was with the new increase in price but costco doesnt raise prices often.
Like you said, if it works...

Id buy the stuff from IM but its just too expensive for as fast as I can go through it. Im just spoiled from the large order I did with all the whey when I bought 50lbs for 250 shipped. Now thats a deal.

Its under 10.00 per lb. I didnt calculate what it was with the new increase in price but costco doesnt raise prices often.
Like you said, if it works...

Id buy the stuff from IM but its just too expensive for as fast as I can go through it. Im just spoiled from the large order I did with all the whey when I bought 50lbs for 250 shipped. Now thats a deal.

Yeah, if you don't mind the fat and sugar in muscle milk then go for it.

IML Gear Cream!
Muscle milk is GAWD awful. The only thing I gained was an empty wallet.

This is from the makers of muscle milk, hence the cytosport.
I actually like the regular muscle milk, probably cause of the gobs of crap, but this one is relatively lean. Not exactly an isolate but i guess it fits the wallet better.

Im sure I can squeeze in the 2g of fat and 1g of sugar into my macros somewhere.

This is from the makers of muscle milk, hence the cytosport.
I actually like the regular muscle milk, probably cause of the gobs of crap, but this one is relatively lean. Not exactly an isolate but i guess it fits the wallet better.

Im sure I can squeeze in the 2g of fat and 1g of sugar into my macros somewhere.
How many scoops do you consume daily?

Yeah, that's pretty light. I usually consume 6 servings per day so when dieting I have to be careful.

Ok so here's a question for Heavy or anyone else. Would Whey Isolate be beneficial for someone who has severe GI distress from regular Whey?

Getting a little burned out on egg protein.

Egg proteins give me the WORST smelling gas and tear me up

yeah we hear the pricing issue often, the thing people don't realize is you get what you pay for and there is a reason our whey protein is priced where it is.

if you're buying whey isolate that is inexpensive trust me it's not what you think it is or what the label says.

we do offer our whey in 5lb bags.

Can you shed some light on the whey protein market? I am really trying to figure out what makes one protein cost more

A very quick way to see if your protein powder contains lots of byproducts is to check the serving size grams in comparison to the protein grams.

Cytosport Muscle Milk lists a 70 gram serving size but ONLY 32 grams of that is protein. The rest is sugar, fat and other byproducts.

IronMagLabs whey Isolate lists a 30 gram serving size and 26 grams of that is protein.

As you can see, actual protein content can vary widely. You may think you are getting a DEAL but all you are getting is a bunch of sugar and fat with some CHEAP brands.

Have noticed this and use that as a gauge when buying,
Good point

Back