Tell Congress to reject cuts to the Pell Grant program!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96
  1. #1
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    Tell Congress to reject cuts to the Pell Grant program!

    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    None yo' business
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    7133597

    This fucking sucks.

    Soon, only the rich will be able to afford higher education.

    Education should cost next to nothing IMO.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unknown....
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    232731829

    Yea this totally blows. Pell grants and loans are what is keeping me going through school right now.

    It seems that the government is going after the one thing that's most important....education.
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

  4. #4
    Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    SloppyJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,232
    Rep Points
    565426092

    I think it's fucking bullshit that you cannot get a grant unless you're 25 or older even if you claim independent on your taxes. WTF? There are some of us out here that live on our own.
    Like people about as much as they like me. Never found a way to say fuck you politely.

  5. #5
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    Quote Originally Posted by djlance View Post
    Yea this totally blows. Pell grants and loans are what is keeping me going through school right now.

    It seems that the government is going after the one thing that's most important....education.
    Me too brother Im right there with you. 2 more years and Ill have a degree, a real career and will be contributing to society and paying back my dues.

    Just make sure to sign the petition and forward it to your friends.
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    exphys88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Summit
    Posts
    5,225
    Rep Points
    500743731

    I also used the pell grant to get me through college. I come from a very poor family and had absolutely no help there.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids, all information about Anabolic Steroids is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Please don't use anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription.

  7. #7
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,365
    Rep Points
    974265240

    globalization and trade liberalization combined with the pathetically easy and outdated education system in the US is going to be one of many parts of the downfall of this once great country...

    how is the US going to compete with other country's when they have kids in middle school performing the US equivalent of college math?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    GearsMcGilf's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    5,830
    Rep Points
    589266462

    Sorry folks, but it's not sustainable with over 730 military bases stationed throughout the globe. Now, which is more important, maintaining military a presence in Bulgaria, Kosovo, Kuwait, etc., or sending your sorry arse to college? My family is safer because we went into Iraq, and without troops in Germany, what could possibly stop the communist east from taking over the west. Think about it!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unknown....
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    232731829

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    with the pathetically easy and outdated education system in the US is going to be one of many parts of the downfall of this once great country...
    Unfortunately, this is true. So much focused is placed on "passing the exit test" that the basic essentials of teaching have gone to shit.
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

  10. #10
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,365
    Rep Points
    974265240

    Quote Originally Posted by GearsMcGilf View Post
    what could possibly stop the communist east from taking over the west. Think about it!
    a totally lack of a navy for starters and the fact that there are no natural resources of value left in the US. all we have is human capital currently already enslaved by the self serving US financial system.

    the original wolfwitz doctrine (defense planning guide) from the early 90's stated that the US had no formidable enemies to worry about. Americans have been duped for decades on a massive scale.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  11. #11
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    Not everyone is born into this "My Little Pony", "Carebear" fantasy world with sunshine with rainbow shitting bears. Life is a miserable place. It'll kick you and beat you till youre down. And keep you there if you let it. No shame in asking for a little help. Just a nudge. That first spark that starts the engine when you turn the key. And some how its my (our) falt. No, sorry pal. We didnt get here by bad decisions made by families around the dinner table. It was caused by bankers gambling with our money.

    Don't let these tools disappear. WE (Americans) are not lazy. Give the tools to US!, not the bankers, and we'll get to fucking work!

    Citizens of the United Sates of America have been shat on for too long.
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    Dale Mabry's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    15,581
    Rep Points
    249481082

    Quote Originally Posted by GearsMcGilf View Post
    Sorry folks, but it's not sustainable with over 730 military bases stationed throughout the globe. Now, which is more important, maintaining military a presence in Bulgaria, Kosovo, Kuwait, etc., or sending your sorry arse to college? My family is safer because we went into Iraq, and without troops in Germany, what could possibly stop the communist east from taking over the west. Think about it!
    Your family isn't safer because we went in to Iraq, they are safer because Obama killed Bin Laden, which had nothing to do with Iraq. Iraq was not an imminent threat. The guy who ran it was an asshole, but killing him did't make you one bit safer. It made a bunch of Iraqis safer.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

    4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

    Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by Thee_One View Post
    This fucking sucks.

    Soon, only the rich will be able to afford higher education.

    Education should cost next to nothing IMO.
    Why the fuck should the tax payers be subsidizing people's education costs?

    If you can't afford it, go to junior college for two years, save money, transfer to a 4 year, and take loans. Problem solved.

    Or, join ROTC and let them pay for it. Or enlist for 4 years, then go to college on the GI bill.

    Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Get your damn hand out of the tax payer's pocket.

    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    GearsMcGilf's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    5,830
    Rep Points
    589266462

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    Your family isn't safer because we went in to Iraq, they are safer because Obama killed Bin Laden, which had nothing to do with Iraq. Iraq was not an imminent threat. The guy who ran it was an asshole, but killing him did't make you one bit safer. It made a bunch of Iraqis safer.

    I was beiing a bit facetious. But, I didn't realize that Obama himself actually killed Osama. I guess he sat down at his desk and drew up a plan to catch Osama.

  15. #15
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Thee_One View Post
    This fucking sucks.

    Soon, only the rich will be able to afford higher education.

    Education should cost next to nothing IMO.
    Soon? It's getting that way already.

  16. #16
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Why the fuck should the tax payers be subsidizing people's education costs?

    If you can't afford it, go to junior college for two years, save money, transfer to a 4 year, and take loans. Problem solved.

    Or, join ROTC and let them pay for it. Or enlist for 4 years, then go to college on the GI bill.

    Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Get your damn hand out of the tax payer's pocket.

    Since you don't have even the slightest clue as to what socialism is here's the definition:

    Socialism - is an economic system in which the means of production are commonly owned and controlled cooperatively; or a political philosophy advocating such a system. As a form of social organization, socialism is based on co-operative social relations and self-management; relatively equal power-relations and the reduction or elimination of hierarchy in the management of economic and political affairs.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Since you don't have even the slightest clue as to what socialism is

    [snip]
    Fail. I have a degree in political science.
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unknown....
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    232731829

    Ok a couple of things.

    I did the whole "2-year community college" plan and worked 2 jobs. However, you cant compare the tuition of a small college to that of a University...plan and simple.

    Those of us who pull PELL grants usually have loans, both subsidized and unsubsidized. Yes, there is students who abuse it and take all the free money they can. However, most of us live off of that money because the income we get from our jobs isn't enough to pay for rent, bills, food, etc.

    ROTC is always something that get thrown out when it comes to paying for school, but it's a matter of choice. Just like those who choose to pull financial aid and those who choose to live off of their parents and not do shit to help out.

    Unlike those who live off of others taxes, when we graduate and get a job, we will be paying back those loans and "free" money for years to come because of the amount of debt caused by interest on those loans. It's a cycle.

    Wanna disagree or agree? Go ahead. It's the Internet and everyone is going to have an opinion....
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

  19. #19
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Fail. I have a degree in political science.
    Sure you do. If that were the case you would know what socialism is.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Sure you do. If that were the case you would know what socialism is.


    I know what it is.

    And I'm also done with you. On ignore you go.
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  21. #21
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post


    I know what it is.

    And I'm also done with you. On ignore you go.
    Sure.

  22. #22
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Why the fuck should the tax payers be subsidizing people's education costs?
    Because morally it's the right thing to do.

    We have always helped those less fortunate. Here and around the world. We are a compassionate country.

    When did American's become so GD cynical?
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by djlance View Post
    Ok a couple of things.


    ROTC is always something that get thrown out when it comes to paying for school, but it's a matter of choice.
    Yep. And it's a choice to go to college too. How bad you want it?
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by TJTJ View Post
    Because morally it's the right thing to do.

    We have always helped those less fortunate. Here and around the world. We are a compassionate country.

    When did American's become so GD cynical?
    Morally, it's the right thing to do? So morally, it's the right thing to take money out of my family's pocket to pay for somebody else's education, when they should be paying for their own betterment and future? Gotcha.

    I call BS.
    Last edited by M4A3; 11-22-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  25. #25
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    None yo' business
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    7133597

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Why the fuck should the tax payers be subsidizing people's education costs?

    If you can't afford it, go to junior college for two years, save money, transfer to a 4 year, and take loans. Problem solved.

    Or, join ROTC and let them pay for it. Or enlist for 4 years, then go to college on the GI bill.

    Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Get your damn hand out of the tax payer's pocket.


    You're a fucking tool.
    Why should I have to throw my life away in the service, just for the chance to pay for a little education?

    You're so brainwashed, there's no point in even having a conversation with you.

    Also for your info, I did go to community first and then transfer to a University.

    So suck my nuts commie bastard.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unknown....
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    232731829

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Yep. And it's a choice to go to college too. How bad you want it?
    So I guess not going and working a minimum wage job or living off of wellfare is ok with you? I guess you missed out the part where I mentioned having to pay back all that free money and loans?
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

  27. #27
    .45 ACP rules!


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    Morally, it's the right this to do? So morally, it's the right thing to take money out of my family's pocket to pay for somebody else's education, when they should be paying for their own betterment and future? Gotcha.

    I call BS.
    What do you think the GI Bill does? Takes money out of your pocket and pays for somebody else's education. Where do you think that money comes from? For someone who claims to be so smart you sure are stupid.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by djlance View Post
    So I guess not going and working a minimum wage job or living off of wellfare is ok with you? I guess you missed out the part where I mentioned having to pay back all that free money and loans?
    The first sentence about Pell Grants on the Fed website.

    "A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid."

    Student Aid on the Web


    So, you were saying....

    No, living off welfare is not ok with me. Earn your shit yourself, by yourself, and don't ask for a handout in either case.

    BTW, statistically, 60% of people who graduate college right now can't find jobs. Good luck.
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    M4A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    835
    Rep Points
    62199931

    Quote Originally Posted by Thee_One View Post
    You're a fucking tool.
    Why should I have to throw my life away in the service, just for the chance to pay for a little education?

    You're so brainwashed, there's no point in even having a conversation with you.

    Also for your info, I did go to community first and then transfer to a University.

    So suck my nuts commie bastard.
    LOL! Commie? You obviously didn't get a very good education where ever you ended up if you think I'm on the Commie side of the political spectrum. LMAO!

    Oh, and if you think I'm going to cry for you because you might have to serve in the "icky military" and "throw your life away" (all 4 years) in order TO EARN your way into college, I'm not.

    There are non-combatant pogue MOSs for you, you limp wristed fag.
    All statements provided by M4A3 are for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be mistaken as medical advice, or as advocating any illegal activity. All readers assume full responsibility for any use or misuse of this material.

  30. #30
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    None yo' business
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    7133597

    Quote Originally Posted by M4A3 View Post
    The first sentence about Pell Grants on the Fed website.

    "A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid."

    Student Aid on the Web


    So, you were saying....

    No, living off welfare is not ok with me. Earn your shit yourself, by yourself, and don't ask for a handout in either case.

    BTW, statistically, 60% of people who graduate college right now can't find jobs. Good luck.

    So what's your damn point??

    First you say "sign your life away by joining the military for a chance to go to college",
    Then you come back and naysay it with this post.

    You need to get your shit straight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
  2. Obama reportedly to seek changes in Pell Grants
    By min0 lee in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 12:00 PM
  3. More job cuts...AT&T cuts 1700!
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 03:15 PM
  4. Grant Hill
    By I Are Baboon in forum Sports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2001, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->