Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Laila Ali vs. Jackie Frazier: full fight

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Laila Ali vs. Jackie Frazier: full fight

Wikipedia offers...

Laila Ali ran off eight wins in a row and many boxing fans started talking about wanting to see her square off in a boxing ring with George Foreman's daughter, Freeda Foreman, or Joe Frazier's daughter, Jackie Frazier-Lyde. On the evening of June 8, 2001, Ali and Frazier finally met. The fight was nicknamed Ali/Frazier IV in allusion to their fathers' famous fight trilogy. This match by Ali and Frazier was the first pay-for-view match between two black women. During that match, Joe Frazier, Jackie Frazier's father, was there to watch his daughter fight. Muhammad Ali, Laila's father, was not there but her mother Veronica Ali was present to watch the fight.

Rep Points

I was shocked after watching Ali a few times, she has real skills. Frazier got started with the sport a bit late, but is very athletic. She just couldn't overcome Ali's boxing skills.

McBain

Rep Points

Kind of surreal, seeing the daughters of two greats duke it out in the ring.
    Hopefully they both have sons and we can see the 3rd iteration
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    Check out http://anabolicsteroidforums.com !

Rep Points

That was a good fight.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    I was shocked after watching Ali a few times, she has real skills. Frazier got started with the sport a bit late, but is very athletic. She just couldn't overcome Ali's boxing skills.
    Right on the money with this comment!

In your bedroom hittin your girl doggy style
    Rep Points

I am not and never was a fan of Laila Ali. I will admit that she is a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. But I feel she took advantage of her father's name to get into the fight game. She has fought a lot of fighters of smaller stature (CHRISTY MARTIN) or seriously less skilled fighters (JACKIE FRAZIER). I found that there are 2 types of sports fans the ones that get caught up in the glitz and glamour of an ATHLETE and the ONES who know the TRUE facts of the SPORT. Before any of you start with that I'M A PLAYER HATER SH1T, I'm going to give you 4 names to YouTube and or Google. If you choose to accept this mission you will find that I am one who knows the true FACTS of the sport.
    ANN WOLFE,VONDA WARD,LEATITIA ROBINSON,AND NATASCHA RAGOSIA. You will do yourself JUSTICE if you YouTube the ANN WOLFE VONDA WARD fight. Oh I also implore you to WIKIPEDIA each one of these female fighters. Thank you.

Rep Points

Ali all the way

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by purplerain View Post
    I am not and never was a fan of Laila Ali. I will admit that she is a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. But I feel she took advantage of her father's name to get into the fight game. She has fought a lot of fighters of smaller stature (CHRISTY MARTIN) or seriously less skilled fighters (JACKIE FRAZIER). I found that there are 2 types of sports fans the ones that get caught up in the glitz and glamour of an ATHLETE and the ONES who know the TRUE facts of the SPORT. Before any of you start with that I'M A PLAYER HATER SH1T, I'm going to give you 4 names to YouTube and or Google. If you choose to accept this mission you will find that I am one who knows the true FACTS of the sport.
    ANN WOLFE,VONDA WARD,LEATITIA ROBINSON,AND NATASCHA RAGOSIA. You will do yourself JUSTICE if you YouTube the ANN WOLFE VONDA WARD fight. Oh I also implore you to WIKIPEDIA each one of these female fighters. Thank you.
    Ann Wolfe was a great fighter, a true warrior, and is now a great trainer. Just watched the Kirkland VS Angulo fight from last year on HBO, and I'm convinced it was the fight of the year in all of boxing. Angulo was trained by the legendary trainer Nacho Berenstein, no less. Kirkland was KO'ed in the first round in his previous fight against a nobody, but Wolfe brought him back to his previous greatness after a three year stint in prison. He came back from a first round knockdown and beat the shit out of Angulo, a top name in the division. Rocky story of the year, hands down.

In your bedroom hittin your girl doggy style
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Ann Wolfe was a great fighter, a true warrior, and is now a great trainer. Just watched the Kirkland VS Angulo fight from last year on HBO, and I'm convinced it was the fight of the year in all of boxing. Angulo was trained by the legendary trainer Nacho Berenstein, no less. Kirkland was KO'ed in the first round in his previous fight against a nobody, but Wolfe brought him back to his previous greatness after a three year stint in prison. He came back from a first round knockdown and beat the shit out of Angulo, a top name in the division. Rocky story of the year, hands down.
    Here,Here spoken like a true connoisseur of sport. Your an Officer and a Gentlemen.

Rep Points

Here,Here spoken like a true connoisseur of sport. Your an Officer and a Gentlemen.
    You obviously love boxing, too. I fought golden gloves as a kid, and i've been a huge fan ever since. Most folks have no idea how gifted these guys (and gals) are, and the dedication it takes to be successful. Fantastic sport.

Rep Points

Im only familiar with a few of those names. True fan of boxing since a young age though. My dad's buddy used to run the amateur fights at the Blue Horizon in philly back in the day. Spent many nights as the ring boy helping the card girls in and out of the ring.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

^^^^ Very cool. Thanks for posting.

ALPHA MALE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by squigader View Post
    Kind of surreal, seeing the daughters of two greats duke it out in the ring.
    Hopefully they both have sons and we can see the 3rd iteration
    ummm...Marvis frazier sucked and got knocked flat by mike tyson many years ago

SHOW ME HOW RELENTLESS YOU REALLY ARE