• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Halotestin vs Turinabol

TJTJ

Super Majin Saiyan
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I read up on the two and they kinda, sorta seem to provide the same results.

Which would you prefer?

Actually they are pretty different. What are your goals. What are you running them with? And how do you plan to run them?

Halotestin is like turinabol's crazy uncle...

Halo is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from tbol. Halo is very toxic and is basicalky used preworkout. T Bol is much lower in toxicity and will provide slow but solid gains. Sort of like d bols little wimpy red headed brother lol!

What I read and understood was they both give lean and harden results. except the halo apparently turns you into an angry gorilla

I've heard that halo isn't going to add much mass to you but it will make you stonger and harden you up. I'm gonna throw some in at the end of my next cut.

Good overview on halo:

Halotestin

(fluoxymesterone)

Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) is legendary among powerlifters and strength athletes. The mere word conjures up images of little mint colored pills that turn Dr. Jeckyl instantly into Mr.Hyde. Since Im generally Mr.Hyde 24/7 this isnt of much concern to me.. but lets see what else Halotestin can do for us.
If youre anything like me, the first thing youll notice is Halotestins absurd Anabolic and Androgenic rating. This stuff is 19x as anabolic as testosterone and 8.5x as androgenic! Whoa! I have to admit, those numbers are a bit deceiving, and through personal experience, I can say that Halotestin will not put anywhere near as much muscle on you as testosterone. Lets take a closer look at Halo and see what kind of realistic effects we can expect from it, and what kind of side effects well be dealing with.

Firstly, I have to admit that I love Halotestin, and generally its use in athletics and powerlifting is far more pronounced than its use in bodybuilding, where it is basically a one-trick-wonder used in the final weeks before a contest to harden up an already lean physique and give the user some added aggression during the final calorie depleted workouts before a contest. Halo has no estrogenic activity, and thus will not cause any kind of water retention or most of the bad effects associated with estrogen. It is however hepatoxic (liver toxic) (13) and I recommend keeping doses at or around 40mgs/day for a maximum of 4-6 weeks. If you are using Halotestin for its pronounced effect on aggression, you can simply use 10mgs prior to a workout, I personally prefer 10mgs upon rising and 10mgs prior to a workout, during the most intense weeks of a bulking or cutting cycle. This (as you will see later) can be used with minimum HPTA inhibition.
Effects of Halotestin

Halotestin also has a volumizing effect on the physique, and for those with low a body fat percentage, this will cause an immediately more contest ready appearance. This is due, at least in part, to Halos ability to increase mean hematocrit with and hemoglobin level as well as red cell mass (4)(5)(6). Halotestin also appears to act through cells already committed to respond to erythropoietin (11), which is good news for athletes, of course. As you can see, Halo has quite a profound effect on red blood cell production, and this action is clearly one of the most obvious mechanisms by which it is thought to exert its effects with regards to increasing strength and energy levels. It also points to the possibility of using it for athletics and sports where a high VO2 max is needed, such as Rugby, Mixed Martial Arts, etc..
Halotestin also exerts its effects on strength and fat loss by both regulation of fatty acid oxidation in the liver and fast-twitch muscle mitochondria (2). Oddly, for a drug which exerts such a nice anabolic effect, and promotes such good strength gains, Halotestin has a pretty low Androgen Receptor Binding affinity (14).. I suppose, in this respect it can be compared to Winstrol (Stanozolol).
As far as strength and agression goes, Halo is a great drug. Halotestin is especially useful on a cutting or strength cycle. Its use for mass and weight gains have been pretty disappointing for most users, however.
Fluoxymesterone administration is (unfortunately) accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin which causes associated decreases in T3, while the free T4 index remained totally unaltered; thus implying that thyroid function was unchanged. Remember, many anabolic steroids (notably Trenbolone) lower your T3 levels. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone, gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels tend to remain unchanged during fluoxymesterone use (8). Halo is of course suppressive to your HPTA, but Ive found that in some studies where measurements were made of serum FSH, LH, testosterone, up to 20mgs per day of Halo did not suppress them measurably (9). This could possibly indicate the use of up to 20mgs/day of Halotestin without being in any great danger of suppressing endogenous hormones.
Halotestin as Steroid

Anyway, Halotestin is a testosterone derived steroid, and has an 11-beta group attached to it to inhibit aromatization, although it is particularly prone to being 5-alpha-reduced and may thus cause DHT related side effects, such as acne and hair loss. It is metabolized primarily by 6 beta-hydroxylation, 4-ene-reduction, 3-keto-reduction, and 11-hydroxy-oxidation. We know this by the identification of 4 particular metabolites and the tentative identification of at least 3 other metabolites. Detection of Halo in urine is possible for at least 5 days after a single 10 mg oral dose to previously untreated adult males, by monitoring the presence of 2 metabolites, since the parent drug is not detectable more than 1 day after the dose(12). However, the moral-compass of the athletic world, the IOC, has developed a test for fluoxymesterone metabolites that will detect them for up to 2 months after cessation of use.
Halotestin is not in high demand in bodybuilding except for as a pre-contest drug, and would more likely be found circulating in Athletic and Powerlifting circles, where it is more commonly used in a cycle.
Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) Profile

[9-alpha-fluoro-11-beta-hydroxy-17-alpha-methyl-4-androstene-3-one,17b-ol]
Molecular Weight: 336.4457
Formula: C20 H29 F O3
Melting Point: 240C
Manufacturer: Upjohn, Various
Date Released: 1957
Effective Dose:10-40mgs/day
Active life:6-8 hours
Detection Time: 2 months
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:1,900/850

References:

1. Treatment with anabolic steroids increases the activity of the mitochondrial outer carnitine palmitoyltransferase in rat liver and fast-twitch muscle. Biochem Pharmacol. 1991 Mar 1;41(5):833-5.
  2. Effects of synthetic androgen fluoxymesterone on triglyceride secretion rates in the rat.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1975 Jun;149(2):452-4.
  3. Metabolism of anabolic steroids in humans: synthesis of 6 beta-hydroxy metabolites of 4-chloro-1,2-dehydro-17 alpha-methyltestosterone, fluoxymesterone, and metandienone. Steroids. 1995 Apr;60(4):353-66.
  4. Influence of fluoxymesterone on in vitro erythropoiesis affected by leukemic cells.Exp Hematol. 1984 Mar;12(3):171-6.
  5. [Erythropoietin in serum and urine in healthy persons and patients with chronic renal disease upon hypoxic stimulation and hypoxic stimulation after pretreatment with fluoxymesterone (authors transl)]
  6. Fluoxymesterone therapy in anemia of patients on maintenance hemodialysis: comparison between patients with kidneys and anephric patients. J Dial. 1977;1(4):357-66
  7. Combination hormonal therapy with tamoxifen plus fluoxymesterone versus tamoxifen alone in postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. An updated analysis.Cancer. 1991 Feb 15;67(4):886-91.
  8. Effect of non aromatizable androgens on LHRH and TRH responses in primary testicular failure.Horm Metab Res. 1984 Sep;16(9):492-7.
  9. The effect of synthetic androgens on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in boys with constitutionally delayed growth. J Pediatr. 1979 Apr;94(4):657-62.
  10. The effect of synthetic androgens on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in boys with constitutionally delayed growth. J Pediatr. 1979 Apr;94(4):657-62.
  11. Steroids and hematopoiesis. II. The effect of steroids on in vitro erythroid colony growth: evidence for different target cells for different classes of steroids. J Cell Physiol. 1976 Jun;88(2):135-43.
  12. Testing for fluoxymesterone (Halotestin) administration to man: identification of urinary metabolites by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Steroid Biochem. 1990 Aug 28;36(6):659-66.
  13. Toxic effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids in primary rat hepatic cell cultures. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 1995 Aug;33(4):187-95.
  14. Relative binding affinity of anabolic-androgenic steroids: comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin.Endocrinology. 1984 Jun;114(6):2100-6.
  15. The relationship of androgen to the thyrotropin and prolactin responses to thyrotropin-releasing hormone in hypogonadal and normal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1981 Feb;52(2):173-6.

Source :Halotestin - Steroid .com

A coulpe of my powerlifter buddies swear by it, especially when they are trying to either stay in or go down a weight class while maintaining or even increasing strength.

IML Gear Cream!
^Thats the same article I read.

After this winter run of SDMZ my next run will be in the summer. I plan on staking 20mg Tbol with 2 caps of SDMZ. Ill get real nice and diced up. :rocker:

^Thats the same article I read.

After this winter run of SDMZ my next run will be in the summer. I plan on staking 20mg Tbol with 2 caps of SDMZ. Ill get real nice and diced up. :rocker:

I'll be honest with you bro, when I ran tbol i wasnt too impressed with it. how about halo extreme rx or cyanostane rx? Im sure you can get some nice synergy with the halo extreme rx and sdmz.

I'll be honest with you bro, when I ran tbol i wasnt too impressed with it. how about halo extreme rx or cyanostane rx? Im sure you can get some nice synergy with the halo extreme rx and sdmz.

How many mg did you run tbol? You know IML HaloEx converts into Tbol, right? I was thinking of staking the IML HaloEX with the SDMZ, which Prince thought was a good idea, but I'd rather just get straight Tbol. You need two bottles of IML HaloEx since 75-100mg is the sweet spot for most.

So in essence Tbol and SDMZ stak is the same thing as staking IML HaloEx and SDMZ

How many mg did you run tbol? You know IML HaloEx converts into Tbol, right? I was thinking of staking the IML HaloEX with the SDMZ, which Prince thought was a good idea, but I'd rather just get straight Tbol. You need two bottles of IML HaloEx since 75-100mg is the sweet spot for most.

So in essence Tbol and SDMZ stak is the same thing as staking IML HaloEx and SDMZ

oh, yeah my bad, forgot that haloex converts into tbol.

I ran tbol at 60mgs and I barely felt anything from it. however, everybody is a little different. you may like it but I know that I probably wont use tbol again.

Turinabol is honestly one of the most subtle compounds that i've used. It didn't give me "noticeably" better body recomp than halo, BUT, halo upped all my lifts by quite a bit. I was throwing weights around like small puppies when i was running halo....

Turinabol is honestly one of the most subtle compounds that i've used. It didn't give me "noticeably" better body recomp than halo, BUT, halo upped all my lifts by quite a bit. I was throwing weights around like small puppies when i was running halo....

Did you get the massive aggression on halo that everyone talks about? I read you can get quite irritable and shit. Im already a pissed off individual. I dont need anything else to exasperate that aspect of my personality. How many mg did you run it?

oh, yeah my bad, forgot that haloex converts into tbol.

I ran tbol at 60mgs and I barely felt anything from it. however, everybody is a little different. you may like it but I know that I probably wont use tbol again.

Yikes, 60mg is like the max. How long did you run it?

Did you get the massive aggression on halo that everyone talks about? I read you can get quite irritable and shit. Im already a pissed off individual. I dont need anything else to exasperate that aspect of my personality. How many mg did you run it?

I usually ONLY run halo at the last 4 weeks prior to a show (30mg a day).
But I have thrown it in a couple bulking cycles here and there.
As for aggression, I don't buy into the whole "halo makes you a beast" bullshit. I mean yeah, it's a VERY strong androgen, and it'll alter your tolerance a little, but still, no real aggression "outside" of the gym.
Also, I once made the mistake of taking 20mg before bed.....HA HA...my androgen levels were so fucked that I could barely get 30mins of sleep that night.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree with what most everyone is saying. Tbol is on the anabolic side of the equation and Halo is in the androgenic side of the equation. I always use Halo with a highly anabolic cycle for the simple fact that I get the best workouts and guaranteed to tear down the maximum amount of muscle fibers to take full advantage of the anabolics I usually employ like Test/EQ/Deca/NPP. Now on the other hand if I'm injecting a highly androgenic cycle like Test/Tren/Mast/Proviron or any DHT derived steroid, then I may opt for a highly anabolic oral like Tbol/dbol to kick off a cycle but I tend to prefer Adrol for those first few weeks.

So you're running an oral only cycle. No bueno.

no, not really. just doing my research. maybe by next summer ill get ballsy and learn to pin.

Turinabol is similar to anavar, in the sense that you can run it for longer periods at lower doses. But 4 weeks with 60mg? I wouldn't be surprised if you gained close to nothing with it.

As for halo, however, the highest/longest i would EVER run it is 30mg for 4 weeks; and even then, I take liv-52 and milk thistle.

Which is more androgenic ?

Turinabol is similar to anavar, in the sense that you can run it for longer periods at lower doses. But 4 weeks with 60mg? I wouldn't be surprised if you gained close to nothing with it.

As for halo, however, the highest/longest i would EVER run it is 30mg for 4 weeks; and even then, I take liv-52 and milk thistle.

Yeah, I almost noticed nothing from it. Slight strength increase but that's about it. I had enough to run it for two more Weeks but since I wasn't too impressed, I decided not to.

Liv52 is good stuff. My dad even used to give it to me when I was a little kid.

which is a good brand of Liv52 or does it matter? I found one on amazon for 5 bucks

which is a good brand of Liv52 or does it matter? I found one on amazon for 5 bucks
Himalaya is the only brand, but Livercare is made to US standards instead of India's, but they also have a Liv 52DS thats double strength.

Back