• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

spasms and cramps

Nightowl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
During the middle of my workout i encountered a muscle spasm. the pain became so unbearable that I had to stop in the middle of 1 of my sets. is it because I didn't stretch? I couldn't stretch and I normally don't have time to do beforehand. so when stretching before hand help reduce the risk of having cramps and muscle spasms?

During the middle of my workout i encountered a muscle spasm. the pain became so unbearable that I had to stop in the middle of 1 of my sets. is it because I didn't stretch? I couldn't stretch and I normally don't have time to do beforehand. so when stretching before hand help reduce the risk of having cramps and muscle spasms?

Could be too little water intake throughout the day or perhaps excessive stimulants...failure to stretch maybe. I just use light weights and slow reps and start holding at the most stretched positions for a 5 count to get my stretching in. That takes care of warming up and stretching at the same time. (e.g. on bench press bring the bar down slowly to the chest and hold it there, let the weight kind of push your shoulders and pecs apart for about 5 secs then press up and repeat for several reps)

Pro hormones or gear and not enough water could cause cramping as well. Need at least a gallon a day when on gear and that's actually a good healthy practice all the time.

I can't imagine working out without stretching. I'd suggest always stretching before sets.

Yep sounds like water depletion. Potassium can help - are you consuming any bananas or sweet potatoes during the day? Or just a potassium supplement. Also coffee, tea, etc, are natural diuretics which can contribute to water depletion over the course of the day.

stretching isn't always the reason.... if you stretch too much before working out, your muscles have too much elasticity in them and you wont be able to get full flexion of the muscle and use it at its max.... if that makes sense... i would say just make sure you drink enough water and do a warm-up of light weights or body weighted squats to loosen yourself up.....

Back