• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

intermittent fasting experts advice please

banker23

the oncoming storm
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am thinking of doing intermittent fasting for a couple weeks or more and I had one question:

Should I fast on workout days (post wo protein only and meal after working out in evening) and eat on the day after working out or vice versa?

I was thinking that eating on workout days would be best but then I thought my body might need the food for growth more on the day after working out.

I lift 4 days a week Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and would fast 3 days a week a little under 24 hours. If fasting on lifting days I would begin the fast after dinner the preceding day and end the fast after lifting in the evening.

Any suggestions are helpful especially from Built since I have seen some posts from her that show her to be knowledgable in this area. Thanks.

I always do IF when I cut, but it's more of a diet compliance thing. I don't think it has any HUGE benefits over a normal eating pattern(breakfast, lunch, and dinner maybe.) Over my first cut(which was more like a crash diet) I developed this awful habit of binging. Eating 2 big ass meals before bed is highly satisfying. Why would I force myself to eat when i'm not hungry(breakfast) so I would have less calories for when I am hungry?(evenings/before bed)

Try it, you'll love it. :winkfinger:

Three 23-ish hour fasts per week?
HELL NO!
Too much fasting there. I'd recommend 16 or 17-hour fasts, max. That lets you get 3 meals in in the 7 or 8 hours, and allows for decent pulse timing and a long enough period of time for your body to absorb the protein you're eating.

Eat something protein-heavy, with medium fat and light carbs before bed to reduce that fasting time, and also let your body absorb protein while you sleep (and grow).

Break your fast in the evening with a protein shake before your workout, and a protein/carb shake after, followed by a good meal.

Here's an in-depth book (free) about John Berardi's experience with intermittent fasting. And he's a die-hard 6-meal-a-day fanatic, too. It's a good objective read with a lot of anecdotal information from his personal experiences at trying various forms of I.F. in a six-month period.

Intermittent Fasting | Free E-Book | Precision Nutrition Coaching

Lots and lots of good info there for anyone considering IF.

Three 23-ish hour fasts per week?
HELL NO!
Too much fasting there. I'd recommend 16 or 17-hour fasts, max. That lets you get 3 meals in in the 7 or 8 hours, and allows for decent pulse timing and a long enough period of time for your body to absorb the protein you're eating.

Eat something protein-heavy, with medium fat and light carbs before bed to reduce that fasting time, and also let your body absorb protein while you sleep (and grow).

Break your fast in the evening with a protein shake before your workout, and a protein/carb shake after, followed by a good meal.

Here's an in-depth book (free) about John Berardi's experience with intermittent fasting. And he's a die-hard 6-meal-a-day fanatic, too. It's a good objective read with a lot of anecdotal information from his personal experiences at trying various forms of I.F. in a six-month period.

Intermittent Fasting | Free E-Book | Precision Nutrition Coaching

Lots and lots of good info there for anyone considering IF.

Thanks thats helpful.

That site(leangains.com) is full of so much slanted misconstrued information. Martin has become excellent at selling his concept by twisting science to make it sound like intermittent fasting has advantages over traditional dietary strategies (like basic calorie restriction).

I haven't read Berardi's book yet, but I am interested in how he responded to the diets. At some point I will have to read it.

That site(leangains.com) is full of so much slanted misconstrued information. Martin has become excellent at selling his concept by twisting science to make it sound like intermittent fasting has advantages over traditional dietary strategies (like basic calorie restriction).

I haven't read Berardi's book yet, but I am interested in how he responded to the diets. At some point I will have to read it.

Personally, I know I respond well to fasting (i've done a 9 day fast with nothing but chicken broth for religious purposes). The ratio of fat to muscle loss was extremely favorable (losing 4-5 lbs every day of mostly fat); however, I also was doing other things to beat my ego into submission such as beating myself with whips fashioned from 18g wires with nails attached to them, metal buckles, sleeping on the floor, freezing cold exposure, etc.

This all sounds crazy to some I am sure but based on the results I wonder if the ritual beatings have a similar effect to clen injections. Clen activates something hormonally in the fat cells that prioritize it for burning for fuel (that's my understanding from reading about it anyways). I doubt people would volunteer to study this but I suspect that the beatings "reawaken" those same pathways to facilitate burning for fuel. Accidental discovery if it happens to be true.

Strength came back pretty much as soon as I started eating again and I was functionally strong all the way through the fast though I was only doing push ups and body weight rows a few times a day.

Personally, I know I respond well to fasting (i've done a 9 day fast with nothing but chicken broth for religious purposes). The ratio of fat to muscle loss was extremely favorable (losing 4-5 lbs every day of mostly fat); however, I also was doing other things to beat my ego into submission such as beating myself with whips fashioned from 18g wires with nails attached to them, metal buckles, sleeping on the floor, freezing cold exposure, etc.

This all sounds crazy to some I am sure but based on the results I wonder if the ritual beatings have a similar effect to clen injections. Clen activates something hormonally in the fat cells that prioritize it for burning for fuel (that's my understanding from reading about it anyways). I doubt people would volunteer to study this but I suspect that the beatings "reawaken" those same pathways to facilitate burning for fuel. Accidental discovery if it happens to be true.

Strength came back pretty much as soon as I started eating again and I was functionally strong all the way through the fast though I was only doing push ups and body weight rows a few times a day.

What religion?
And nah, it's pretty common knowledge that your body will use fat when in a deficit.

Back