• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

wide dips

fqqs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have adjustable parallel bars so I wonder how wide should I set them for best chest stimulation? I heard 30 inches is good.

im only 5 7 btw

i take a grip sth like 3-4 inches wider each side of shoulder width and flare elbows to the sides and push with a chest, squeeze hard . correct?

and second question - dips are my first chest exercise. so i wonder if say 10 pushups and few bodyweight dips (5-6) are a good start before main weighted sets? jsut to feel the movement. then add 80lbs and do worksets

I dont know about wide dips for chest, but I do know where you put your feet matters. Put your feet out in front of you and point your toes to target your chest (harder than it sounds), and keep your feet behind you to target triceps.

Wide dips are great for building the outer lower chest.

I hope you realize that is sarcasm.

Wide dips = damaged shoulder joints IMO.

I hope you realize that is sarcasm.

Wide dips = damaged shoulder joints IMO.

how that is different from wide bench press? when squeezing shouldeblades back and down.

Wide anything puts more stress on the joint.

grip must be a bit wider than shoulder width but not by much 2 inches from each side (some go for narrower and some for wider). dips work chest like declined bench sort of or better like declined dumbell press targeting the lower chest and outer lower chest, bench press targets the full body of the chest especially the upper part if you
use wide grip. but no matter what .. both will also work your triceps.

dips work chest like declined bench sort of or better like declined dumbell press targeting the lower chest and outer lower chest, bench press targets the full body of the chest especially the upper part if you
use wide grip. but no matter what .. both will also work your triceps.
Please don't post advice on training because you have no idea what you are talking about.

IML Gear Cream!
I dont know about wide dips for chest, but I do know where you put your feet matters. Put your feet out in front of you and point your toes to target your chest (harder than it sounds), and keep your feet behind you to target triceps.

Geez, nice advice, I had no idea it mattered... Was almost thinking you were kidding 'til I googled around a bit and, voila:

YouTube Video

if you lean forward it works chest more than triceps and if your body is straight aligned with your arms it works more the triceps, you can use your feet and legs the way you want in order to help positioning your body forward or straight.

if you lean forward it works chest more than triceps and if your body is straight aligned with your arms it works more the triceps, you can use your feet and legs the way you want in order to help positioning your body forward or straight.
Does it work the outer lower triceps when you do that?

:roflmao:

Ha, you got me on that one. I was about to write out a whole rant that I go into when people mention isolating parts of the pec like that.

Here is what you do, get in between dip bars. Start doing dips with slightly different angles. Wherever you feel it most in your chest, keep doing that angle. Make the handles wider will only hurt your shoulders.

wide dips have always been my favorite for outer chest workouts.

Ha, you got me on that one. I was about to write out a whole rant that I go into when people mention isolating parts of the pec like that.

Here is what you do, get in between dip bars. Start doing dips with slightly different angles. Wherever you feel it most in your chest, keep doing that angle. Make the handles wider will only hurt your shoulders.

hmm good advice. i tried to stay away from bars and naturally mimic the bottom part of the movement and then remember my hand spacing in this position and set bar this width apart form each other. good approach? same as makeing naturally pushup and then taking the very same grip to bench press.

you cannot isolate a part of the muscle but you can put more emphasis on it.

Back