Blast & Cruise RBC-Hematocrit Question/Advice with Labs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Registered User
    TonyMack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    639

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    64619886


    Blast & Cruise RBC-Hematocrit Question/Advice with Labs

    Age 36
    6ā€™0 190 lbs
    12% BF
    Working out for 20+ years - baseball, middle distance running, weights (not a bodybuilder)

    No gear for 3 yrs prior to TRT, tried to recover natural testosterone and failed. Lost all my previous gains during time off, and started self run TRT/cruise for about 6 months ago; wanted to get a solid base and work in some blasts after reaching ideal BF%.

    Current protocol:
    Test E 60 mgs e3d
    HCG 500 iu e3d
    Anastrozole .25 e3d
    Mod GRF 1-29 & Ipa 100 mcgs each 3xd

    Considering Blast for 12 weeks:
    Test E 500 mgs wk
    NPP 400 mgs wk
    Mast 400 mgs wk
    HCG 500 iu e3d
    Mod GRF 1-29 & Ipa 100 mcgs each 3xd
    Anastrozole as needed

    Just got my pre-blast blood test results and I'm looking for some opinions on hematocrit and RBC. Seems my RBC is slightly high at 5.66, but hematocrit is fine at 48.3. Fasting glucose was slightly high, could be from peptides morning of test?

    Iā€™m concerned about RBC/Hematocrit. Should I be with the blast I laid out?

    Attachment 37350

    Attachment 37351

  2. #2
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,418

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    80
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Everything is fine brother. Blast away.

    Keep in mind Hematocrit varies and will even elevate if you live at high altitude.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    TonyMack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    639

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    64619886


    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Everything is fine brother. Blast away.

    Keep in mind Hematocrit varies and will even elevate if you live at high altitude.
    Thanks Heavy, I appreciate the feedback.

    I wish I did more blood tests when I was cycling in my younger days, so I'd have a better idea of how I react to different compounds and dosages. Seems like we didn't have the tools or knowledge available 10 yrs ago.

    I think it's pretty awesome veterans such as yourself help the less experienced guys out. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    exphys88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Summit
    Posts
    5,208

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    500743731


    I just went to the doc and my rbc's were slightly elevated, and the doc didn't even mention it. He said "everything was normal." and a hematocrit of 48-53 is great for cardio.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    176495

    I am new to anabolic steroid use and am trying to educate myself so that I may achieve the best results from their use.

    To that end could some one please tell me the drawback to having high Hematocrit levels? What are the negatives?

    First cycle:

    300mg deca and 300mg test cyp twice a week.

    I am 55 and it has been suggested that I run this cycle for 16 to 18 weeks.

    Comments.

    Jack

  6. #6
    Registered User
    rc771's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    192

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    7662837

    ^^ well the biggest drawback to high hematocrit is increased risk of heart attack or stroke. It's essentially measuring the thickness of your blood

  7. #7
    Registered User
    exphys88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Summit
    Posts
    5,208

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    500743731


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Darby View Post
    I am new to anabolic steroid use and am trying to educate myself so that I may achieve the best results from their use.

    To that end could some one please tell me the drawback to having high Hematocrit levels? What are the negatives?

    First cycle:

    300mg deca and 300mg test cyp twice a week.

    I am 55 and it has been suggested that I run this cycle for 16 to 18 weeks.

    Comments.

    Jack
    An increase risk of blood clots, which increases your risk for MI or stroke.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    42

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    2312685

    Quote Originally Posted by rc771 View Post
    ^^ well the biggest drawback to high hematocrit is increased risk of heart attack or stroke. It's essentially measuring the thickness of your blood

    ++this

  9. #9
    Registered User
    FordFan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    695

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    18063921

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMack View Post
    Thanks Heavy, I appreciate the feedback.

    I wish I did more blood tests when I was cycling in my younger days, so I'd have a better idea of how I react to different compounds and dosages. Seems like we didn't have the tools or knowledge available 10 yrs ago.

    I think it's pretty awesome veterans such as yourself help the less experienced guys out. Thanks again.
    +1 I wish I will could have gotten test like this 10is years ago. Hell, I was scared to death to search the stuff on AOL!

    Things are alot easier and safer if you do your part.

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    176495

    Quote Originally Posted by rc771 View Post
    ^^ well the biggest drawback to high hematocrit is increased risk of heart attack or stroke. It's essentially measuring the thickness of your blood
    Ah Ha!, I understand now. I will have my doctor test to make sure I stay within the norm.

    I agree with TonyMack. Without veterans who are so willing to keep us on track, we would be in deep do do in no time.

    Thanks,
    Jack

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    176495

    Heavyiron,

    I have a question for you that is probably better asked in another thread, but I don't really know my way around the site well enough yet so I'm asking it here.

    I suppose because of my age and the RA of the spine I battle, I find that I require at least two days (sometimes three) to recover from a workout. I doubt you would think so, but for me, my workouts are quite intense. I'm not in it to f around.

    After last night's workout, for example, I have been unable to wind down, and sleep has been all but impossible. Then today, I will probably recover enough to sleep and when I do I will sleep for 12 to 15 hours. Dead to the world.

    Something else, before I started anabolic steroids the RA robbed me of all but a couple of hours of sleep a night. But now, I sleep like a rock and every time I wake up I feel younger and stronger.

    Any of that sound unusual or something to fret?

    Jack

  12. #12
    Registered User
    bobbyboy's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    200

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    11661291

    A slight elevation of any of these labs isn't going to kill you. They are a reference and would have to be highly elevated for months to years before they would really cause any great concern. My Hematocrit and RBC count were slighty high last week so I went yesterday and donated blood. I am usually more concerend with shitty lipids and elevated ASL, AST.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    176495

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
    I am usually more concerend with shitty lipids and elevated ASL, AST.
    Thanks for the insight, bobby.

    Giving blood to lower your RBC is reminiscent of the days when blood letting was cutting edge tech in the medical profession. But it's great to know the problem can be handled that easily.

    OK, I understand about the shitty lipids, but I'm stupid to the acronyms ASL and AST. Would you educate me a bit?

    Jack

  14. #14
    Registered User
    bobbyboy's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    200

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    11661291

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Darby View Post
    Thanks for the insight, bobby.

    Giving blood to lower your RBC is reminiscent of the days when blood letting was cutting edge tech in the medical profession. But it's great to know the problem can be handled that easily.

    OK, I understand about the shitty lipids, but I'm stupid to the acronyms ASL and AST. Would you educate me a bit?

    Jack
    They are enzymes that are normally found in the liver. When they show up on a blood test, it indicates that there is some damage to the liver. That being said, the amount of the elevation is not a good indicater of the severity of the damage. There will always be an elevation when using orals, even mild orals such as Anavar.

    I probably should also mention that muscle damage can also cause an elevation in ASL and AST levels.

  15. #15
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,418

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    80
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Darby View Post
    Heavyiron,

    I have a question for you that is probably better asked in another thread, but I don't really know my way around the site well enough yet so I'm asking it here.

    I suppose because of my age and the RA of the spine I battle, I find that I require at least two days (sometimes three) to recover from a workout. I doubt you would think so, but for me, my workouts are quite intense. I'm not in it to f around.

    After last night's workout, for example, I have been unable to wind down, and sleep has been all but impossible. Then today, I will probably recover enough to sleep and when I do I will sleep for 12 to 15 hours. Dead to the world.

    Something else, before I started anabolic steroids the RA robbed me of all but a couple of hours of sleep a night. But now, I sleep like a rock and every time I wake up I feel younger and stronger.

    Any of that sound unusual or something to fret?

    Jack
    Are you consuming enough protein? I would count exactly how many grams you consume daily and adjust upwards if low for better recovery.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Similar Threads

  1. Cruise and blast question.
    By Thresh in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM
  2. Blast and Cruise Advice Please
    By AK49er in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 07:05 AM
  3. Blast+Cruise Question
    By bluecountry in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
  4. Question about a blast - cruise
    By chronicelite in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 07:12 AM
  5. Cruise, blast, cruise...
    By Buzzard in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums