• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Popular health supplement pulled, on hold

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Popular health supplement pulled, on hold
Story by Sgt. Heather

MARINE CORPS AIR STATION CHERRY POINT, Calif. - Concern over troop safety prompted a Department of Defense ban on a popular workout stimulant Dec. 7, 2011.

Products with the ingredient Dimethylamylamine are now on medical hold in light of an ongoing review of its potentially serious side effects.

DMAA is a stimulant that affects the vasoconstrictor and central nervous systems. It is primarily found in dietary supplements and weight gain/muscle building products. The stimulant has also been banned by Major League Baseball and the World Anti-Doping Agency.

The supplement was originally a nasal decongestant, but now finds its home in many athletics-enhancing products, like the popular Jack3d line.

On-base health stores, such as General Nutrition Centers, were directed to check their products’ labels and pull ones containing DMAA from shelves, according to the Department of Defense Hazardous Food and Non-Prescription Drug Recall System alert 036-2011. The alert is an update to ALFOODACT 034/2011.

Products already identified as containing DMAA are:

• USPlabs Jack3d (Tropical Fruit and Lemon Lime)
• USPlabs Oxy Elite Pro
• Nutrex Lipo 6 Black Caps (his and hers)
• Nutrex Lipo 6 Black Ultra Concentrated (his and hers)
• Nutrex Hemo Rage Black Powder (Punch and Berry)
• Isatori PWR
• Muscletech Neurocore
• Muscletech Hydroxyslim
• Fahrenheit Nutrition Lean EFX
• Muslce Warfare Napalm
• All American Efx K-Otic
• SNI Nitric Blast
• BIORhythm SSIN Juice
• Muscle Meds Code Red
• SEI MethhlHex (4 and 2)
• Grenade (universal) Grenade
• M.A.P. (iovate) Arson
• Gaspari Nutrition Spirodex

More information on this recall and previous ones is available at DLA Troop Support.

Seriously....what will they go after next....

wow saw this comming after seeing a few articles. I swear I wish we could start up a amry and attack and take out the FDA.

Hi All,

The DMAA was a ticking time bomb just because even though it's probably safe for the majority of people, just like ephedrine, it can cause problems for certain individuals and especially when exercising in the heat (just like ephedrine). It is well-known that this stuff is a vasoconstrictor (narrows blood vessels - NOT what you want when you exercise).

The BIG thing that's just hitting the US military bases now is a product called Grenade. It's a fat-burner capsule that comes in a plastic replica Grenade container and has supposedly been used by special forces for years. I thought it was just a gimmic but it packs a punch and I found that I get a better pump using it than with my pre-workout product!?!? Seems to be helping with body fat too, even though I'm not dieting!...and no DMAA in it.

Hi All,

The DMAA was a ticking time bomb just because even though it's probably safe for the majority of people, just like ephedrine, it can cause problems for certain individuals and especially when exercising in the heat (just like ephedrine). It is well-known that this stuff is a vasoconstrictor (narrows blood vessels - NOT what you want when you exercise).

The BIG thing that's just hitting the US military bases now is a product called Grenade. It's a fat-burner capsule that comes in a plastic replica Grenade container and has supposedly been used by special forces for years. I thought it was just a gimmic but it packs a punch and I found that I get a better pump using it than with my pre-workout product!?!? Seems to be helping with body fat too, even though I'm not dieting!...and no DMAA in it.

Then if what you say is true, what's the main ingredient?

Back