• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gym etiquette......for a new guy.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by DaMayor
Don't laugh out loud...some big ass clump might think you're making fun of the fact that he couldn't max or something.
Yeah - that is one thing I really hate. I'm probably too self-conscious for my own good, but hearing laughing in the gym and wondering if it is meant at you is terribly demoting :(
People need confidence to succeed at their lifts :thumb:
Also, people who might take someone's laughing personally might be pressured to using a higher weight than normal and potentially injuring themselves - not good :finger:

:cool:

I have never actually seen or heard fellahs making fun of someone in our gym, nor have I really been too concerned about it. in fact, its a pretty supportive atmosphere. But if you're new, or having a bad day.....not helpful.
Yo, StB, what's a TimBit? (I know I'm going to regret asking):evil:

Here are some things from when i went to the gym that might help you [i stopped going because i hated being the small guy. heh].

1. You're not giving birth to a child! Quiet down! :]
2. Do NOT drop the weights to the ground or let them smack down into the stack. That used to scare the shit out of me and mess me up.
3. Put your town on the bench so you dont sweat all over it.
4. Remove all weights, put em back in the right spots. I hate when people put the 90 pounders in front of the 20s on the rack. Put the clips on the top, not behind the weights.
5. Dont laugh or talk about others, even if you tink they cant hear you.
6. Watch where you stand near the mirrors. YOu might be blocking someone

Hm... thats about it :]

Yo, StB, what's a TimBit? (I know I'm going to regret asking):evil:

They're Donut wholes from Tim Hortins, and the main reason why I don't have a body fat % of 10 or lower :laugh:

i think i am in the %100 range on that body fat!

:D

Originally posted by bsc14
I don't think I can work in with most these guys. Two completely different leagues.
How do you think most of us got started? Everything I learned I learned in a gym not in a book. BUT,, please don't ask guys for advise during their workout. Keep small talk to a minimum unless someone else starts it 1st. Get in there and make yourself known. Introduce yourself to some of them and I'm sure they will be more then happy to help you out. Oh and being from Texas,, one more rule,, If your using a machine and decide to get a drink,, don't leave your 10 gallon Cowboy hat on the bench to save it. Use a towel. hahahahaha

"don't leave your 10 gallon Cowboy hat on the bench to save it. Use a towel. hahahahaha"

Very funny. I have never owned a "cowboy hat" in my life.

I was just funnen bsc Jersey humor! hehehehe

WEAR DEODORANT! I cant stand all the smelly guys at my gym, sometimes I nearly want to gag.

IML Gear Cream!
Biggest thing: DONT STEAL WEIGHTS OR MACHINES! i hate that... the only place near me is a YMCA(which blows) and the retarted old ladies are always butting in front of people and taking way too long.

And don't FART in an area, then vacate without warning the other patrons!!
-Last night, this guy let some kind of a roadkill, gangrene smelling death rip that almost made everybody drop their weights and run!I've since bought some glade stick ups for his rank arse!:hair:

And don't FART in an area, then vacate without warning the other patrons!! -Last night, this guy let some kind of a roadkill, gangrene smelling death rip that almost made everybody drop their weights and run!I've since bought some glade stick ups for his rank arse!

The first week I was lifting someone let this loud explosive fart out right next to me and I alomost dropped the weight from laughing so hard. This is the hardest I have laughed in a long time
omg!! :laugh: lmao!!! :haha:
There is a lot of good information in here but Wow there is a lot of funny stuff in here too. My stomach hurts from laughing so much.

Oh I did learn something this week about gym etiquette that is really important. Be careful where you stretch. I was stretching for my chest workout and accidently hit someone when I was extending my arms. I am one of the smallest guys in there too. Luckily I am so small I didn't even knock the sweat off of him. :ipoke::laugh:

hahaha ecto

Oh yea I forgot,, if you happen to belong to my gym and I just haven't run into you yet,, the RIGHT thing to do would be to follow me around clapping after all my sets saying how awesome I am and then unload all my bars and put away all my DBs. That is the right thing to do Ecto. I sure hope you belong to my gym!!!!

Oh yea I forgot,, if you happen to belong to my gym and I just haven't run into you yet,, the RIGHT thing to do would be to follow me around clapping after all my sets saying how awesome I am and then unload all my bars and put away all my DBs. That is the right thing to do Ecto. I sure hope you belong to my gym!!!!
:lol: Hey wait a minute that would make me your bitch:grumble: :rofl:

And don't FART in an area, then vacate without warning the other patrons!!

Dude, sometimes you're in the middle of a lift and one just grunts its way out. In that case, I'll be damned if I'm going to fess up! I usually just look at the guy next me and pretend that it was him. :)

Back