NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Shoulder Question?

Great American Nightmare

Rep Points

Question Shoulder Question?

Do you think if a person was to get rid of any type of shoulder presses that it would effect the size of them? Can you get it the size from doing raises (front & side)? Also by doing more incline benching? Or should a person just lay off for a while and then try again?
    The same for any body part.(except arms)

Everybody is a little different. For example, I rarely do any kind of shoulder presses myself because I don't really get anything out of them. On the other hand, my shoulders seem to respond the best with any kind of raises (front, side, rear, cable.) Maybe your shoulders are the same way! All you can do is try and see what they respond to the best. Depending on the degree of the incline of the bench press, you might get plenty of shoulder action that way also, even though the exercise isn't primarily for the shoulders. LOL When working shoulders, just remember to have strict form, work them hard, get plenty of protein for building new muscle, and get plenty of rest!

Any other muscle groups and exercises, you are ganna have to be more specific. Good luck

------------------
    If you build it they will come

mac sloan

You would probally get good results if you took out doing shoulders once or twice in a year.
    Meaning if you cycle your training depending on how long each cycle lasts you would benifit from droping shoulders all together for a couple cycles.

------------------
    train smart not hard

Thumbs up

I know exactly what you're saying about the incline benches at gyms. Allot of incline benches are built so that the incline is about 45 or so degrees, that is way too much of an incline! An ideal incline is 20 to 25 degrees. What I do is use an adjustable bench. Lower it to 20-25 degrees of an incline, or the lowest it will go without going completely flat, and either use dumbbells or put the bench under a smith machine/power rack. This way you have your ideal incline and your shoulders don't get so involved. Putting a box under the front end of an incline bench is a good idea but if you are pressing allot of weight, it might become a safety hazard because the bench will tend to fall backwards if it's not completely on the ground.

------------------
    If you build it they will come

Great American Nightmare

Rep Points

I know the incline bench press is not for shoulder but some of the incline benches in the gyms I've been to have steep inclines which when I use them I feel more of my shoulders at work. I usually stick a box under the front though to lessen the incline. I thought maybe I would do few sets with the box and a few with out.
    And the other exercises I am talking about is like doing leg press and hacks to compensate for squats. Things like that.

Pump Junky

Rep Points

Exclamation

Good idea Large, not the box but the adjustable bench and smith machine! I'll give it a try. If there are two places I am disapointed in it's my upper chest and biceps. I do inclines and WORK MY SHOULDERS.