Still Counting Calories? Your Weight-Loss Plan May Be Outdated

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Post Still Counting Calories? Your Weight-Loss Plan May Be Outdated

Still Counting Calories? Your Weight-Loss Plan May Be Outdated By JANE E. BRODY It’s no secret that Americans are fatter today than ever before, and not just those unlucky people who are genetically inclined to gain weight or have been overweight all their lives. Many who were lean as young adults have put on lots [...]
    Read More...

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Good article. We eat crap and and we have crappy health. Problem is, it's all relative. People that eat crap, often don't know how much better they can feel by modifying their diet and detoxing from all the processed junk. Even worse, they cut calories to keep weight under control and it exacerbates the problem when majority of calores are nothing the body can actually use. Now, how to motivate the McDonald's junky to chowing a plate of kale, brown rice, and baked chicken instead of the McNasty?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

"But, consistent with the new study’s findings, metabolism takes a hit from refined carbohydrates — sugars and starches stripped of their fiber, like white flour. When Dr. David Ludwig of Children’s Hospital Boston compared the effects of refined carbohydrates with the effects of whole grains in both animals and people, he found that metabolism, which determines how many calories are used at rest, slowed with the consumption of refined grains but stayed the same after consumption of whole grains."

It's a shame more people just don't get this. With an growing epidemic of obesity fats are still being blamed. When is the medical establishment going to wake up?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Powermaster View Post
    "But, consistent with the new study’s findings, metabolism takes a hit from refined carbohydrates — sugars and starches stripped of their fiber, like white flour. When Dr. David Ludwig of Children’s Hospital Boston compared the effects of refined carbohydrates with the effects of whole grains in both animals and people, he found that metabolism, which determines how many calories are used at rest, slowed with the consumption of refined grains but stayed the same after consumption of whole grains."

It's a shame more people just don't get this. With an growing epidemic of obesity fats are still being blamed. When is the medical establishment going to wake up?
    You wouldn't believe the looks and responses people give me when I tell them that it's never been proven that eating fat makes you fat. I'm to the point where when people ask me nutritional advice or lifting advice I avoid the question. I'm just sick of people asking and never listening because it's not the "easy" answer they want to hear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rep Points

Anyone have any tips on research chems to look into?

Rep Points

Great article. I always thought the food pyramid was a terrible model for eating. I was a little surprised about dairy not being overly helpful