Sunshine helps prevent skin cancer while sunscreens promote it

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Post Sunshine helps prevent skin cancer while sunscreens promote it

Sunshine helps prevent skin cancer while sunscreens promote it by Paul Fassa (NaturalNews) There are three types of skin cancer – of which melanoma is the most dangerous and potentially lethal because it can metastasize into other body parts. The other two non-melanoma types, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma, are treatable and not [...]
    Read More...

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

love sunshine...

IDIOT POLICE

Rep Points

The layperson might read this article as suggesting sunscreen provides little benefit; I think this is dangerous. It is not true that sunscreen or sunblock does not protect against UVA; modern sunscreens and higher quality sunscreens/blocks containing Zinc Oxide (the same stuff used in diaper rash cream) and Titanium Dioxide protect against UVA and are considered natural organic compounds; they do not cause adverse reactions in the body. These sunblocks are expensive, ranging from $3/oz to over $10/oz.

Natural Sunscreens - Best Natural Sunscreen - The Daily Green

I agree 100% that the chemical based sunscreens are dangerous and provide more potential harm than good, especially in children.

Chemical based ingredients are as follows

Benzophenones (dixoybenzone, oxybenzone)
    PABA and PABA esters (ethyl dihydroxy propyl PAB, glyceryl PABA, p-aminobenzoic acid, padimate-O or octyl dimethyl PABA)
    Cinnamates (cinoxate, ethylhexyl p-methoxycinnamate, octocrylene, octyl methoxycinnamate)
    Salicylates (ethylhexyl salicylate, homosalate, octyl salicylate)
    Digalloyl trioleate
    Menthyl anthranilate Avobenzone [butyl-methyoxydibenzoylmethane; Parsol 1789] - This is the only chemical sunscreen currently allowed by the European Community. However, its safety is still questionable since it easily penetrates the skin and is a strong free radical generator.

This following article is a fantastic read. Many may not know that the cheap chemical based sunscreens are estrogenic.

The Chemical Sunscreen Health Disaster

The highest risk of sun damage is between 10-4. Should a person go without sunscreen before and after this period starting early in the spring, they should be able to slowly build a tan which will provide the suns nutrients and offer greater protection durring the peak hours.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

The People's choice

Rep Points

baloney
    Don't tread on me!!
    Quit Bitching, Start a Revolution
    Don't fuck with old people, they're unpredictable....
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Is reddog a mod yet?

Rep Points

I call BS on this, it all comes down to skin type. My family has been roofers in the Texas sun for 51 almost 52 years now, and My grandpa has several skin cancer spots removed from his face, neck, arms, and hands every month. My dad had stage 2 skin cancer come up that was caused from the 1980 heat wave when he was 32, he is now almost 50. Non of us wear sunscreen. I have a different type of skin then my dad and grandpa so I will see how I fair. My grandpa didn't have any issues until he was in his 60's.