• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

anabolic user on my medical records?

moondog111

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know if my healthcare provider can cancel me or tell my employer that I admitted I use aas, I told my doc when I was in hospital just incase I had a infection from use and he put it in my records, can it be held against me? If anyone can give me any info please do. Thanks

I have no personal experience with this, but I have heard if your Doc puts AAS in your medical record, and lets say months even years down the road you get sick... have a stroke or something and you try and claim insurance, your insurance company might not pay because

"patient has a record of illegal substance use in 2012, the illegal compounds in question could be linked to patients current illness therefore we are unable to pay for patients....etc"

Now I dont know this for a fact, but Im not going to risk it by telling my doc. There was a thread on this way back and a lot of people here have told their doctor about their AAS use. Hopefully more will chime in as I only have theories.

I don't how healthcare can violate the HIPPA laws and tell your employer specific and private information about medical treatment, record, etc. Personally, my doctor leaves our discussion of my AAS use off the record but he orders lab work etc to check my lipids, thyroid, etc. Him and I talk about it but he tells me it's off the record and he says insurance MUST proceed with any and all tests, lab work etc he schedules. They cannot ask him "WHY" as to procedures, labs, frequencies, etc. They do have a cap as to quantity of certain things they will cover and as long as doctor's orders fall under the "Cap", they must cover it w/out question. This was the way my primary explained it to me. He also says, if he were to put AAS use on my record, the insurance would STILL have to pay for anything he orders.

Can you be denied health insurance coverage for smoking, heavy drinking, existing heart condition, cancer, illegal drug use, etc.? Well, yes, yes you can. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could.

Can you be denied health insurance coverage for smoking, heavy drinking, existing heart condition, cancer, illegal drug use, etc.? Well, yes, yes you can. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could.

^ True !!!

got denied life insurance through the principal group last summer because of it ..... lucky I have 2 other policies

Are you preparing to die bro. 2 wasn't good enough? Do you at least have a bucket list? Jk, just taking of the family and what is important. Much respect.

So Mote it Be
Chris

here's the deal it wasn't my primary care doc it was a ER doc and I told him I wanted it confidential , but when I got my records to bring to my primary doc I read my record of ER visit and it stated I use aas, but it also said no illegal drug use . Thanks for help , guess I'll cross that bridge if it comes up, I had prescription years ago. Guess they can't put what they know about you in your record.

I don't how healthcare can violate the HIPPA laws and tell your employer specific and private information about medical treatment, record, etc. Personally, my doctor leaves our discussion of my AAS use off the record but he orders lab work etc to check my lipids, thyroid, etc. Him and I talk about it but he tells me it's off the record and he says insurance MUST proceed with any and all tests, lab work etc he schedules. They cannot ask him "WHY" as to procedures, labs, frequencies, etc. They do have a cap as to quantity of certain things they will cover and as long as doctor's orders fall under the "Cap", they must cover it w/out question. This was the way my primary explained it to me. He also says, if he were to put AAS use on my record, the insurance would STILL have to pay for anything he orders.

This. They cannot disclose any of your info to anybody, especially your employer. That would be a violation of HIPPA, which is a serious offense. And, nobody has been denied coverage for all sorts of lifestyle risk factors like smoking. An insurance company can choose to not start a policy, but if you already have insurance, they cannot deny medical care because of aas use. If they were able to do this, they would be denying millions of smokers for all sorts of shit.

This. They cannot disclose any of your info to anybody, especially your employer. That would be a violation of HIPPA, which is a serious offense. And, nobody has been denied coverage for all sorts of lifestyle risk factors like smoking. An insurance company can choose to not start a policy, but if you already have insurance, they cannot deny medical care because of aas use. If they were able to do this, they would be denying millions of smokers for all sorts of shit.

Ex is spot on!!! Great info here for everyone to learn!

So Mote it Be
Chris

Back