• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Zoloff and Pro hormones, Doc was apparently dumb, need to know if its ok to mix them.

Boomer182

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Like the title says, I was prescribed 100mg of zoloff, and I need to make sure it won't mess with me, I am taking a slightly stronger then Super DMZ RX Pro Hormone.

Like the title says, I was prescribed 100mg of zoloff, and I need to make sure it won't mess with me, I am taking a slightly stronger then Super DMZ RX Pro Hormone.

I'm prescribed 50mg of Zoloft for my ptsd. I used to take it with all my supplements, never had a problem. Because it was such a low dosage, I stopped taking it. Now, I smoke herb at night to help get me to sleep, which is what the Zoloft did for me. I think the herb works better, though.

Because of that, I was able to obtain a med. MJ card.

And I haven't looked back!

Don't know your particular circumstance, but you should be alright.

I am prescribed it for depression, but thats really all I wanted to make sure of, because I am on a cycle.

You really need to look at Clomid instead of Nolva if taking Zoloft. I am looking now and cant find it, but when I do I will post it up, but Zoloft attaches to the same receptors (or something that Nolva does) thus, Nolva is ineffective.

I have a big supply of clomid, so I will be ok for the year.

I also use Clomid.

From Drugs.com

Interactions between your selected drugs

tamoxifen ↔ sertraline

Applies to:tamoxifen and Zoloft (sertraline)

GENERALLY AVOID: Chronic coadministration of potent or moderate CYP450 2D6 inhibitors including certain antidepressants may reduce the effectiveness of tamoxifen. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of tamoxifen bioactivation via CYP450 2D6 to endoxifen (4-hydroxy-N-desmethyltamoxifen), the active metabolite that may be responsible for much of tamoxifen's antiestrogenic activity. This is consistent with studies that reported poorer clinical outcome (e.g., increased breast cancer recurrence; shorter relapse-free periods; lower rates of event-free survival) and decreased incidence/severity of hot flashes in patients treated with tamoxifen who have genetic polymorphisms of CYP450 2D6 resulting in reduced or absent enzyme activity. A similar relationship has been observed between endoxifen exposure and alterations in CYP450 2D6 metabolic status, whether due to CYP450 2D6 genetic variants or use of CYP450 2D6 inhibitors such as quinidine or SSRI antidepressants. In a study of 12 patients receiving tamoxifen adjuvant therapy, mean plasma concentrations of endoxifen decreased by more than 50% after four weeks of paroxetine 10 mg/day for hot flashes, and the effect was evident primarily in patients who carried the wild-type genotype for CYP450 2D6 (i.e., extensive metabolizers). In vitro, quinidine reduced the conversion to endoxifen by 79%. Potential clinical implications of this interaction were reported in a retrospective analysis of nearly 1,300 female breast cancer patients who were newly prescribed tamoxifen between 2003 and 2005 and were monitored for at least two years (mean 2.7 years). Women who used a moderate to potent CYP450 2D6 inhibitor (n=353) during tamoxifen therapy had a two-year breast cancer recurrence rate of 13.9%, compared to 7.5% for those not taking any CYP450 2D6 inhibitors (n=945). The average duration of concomitant tamoxifen and CYP450 2D6 inhibitor use was 340 days. In a subset analysis of patients taking tamoxifen with SSRI antidepressants, a breast cancer recurrence rate of 16% was reported for 213 women who used fluoxetine, paroxetine, or sertraline--SSRIs that are considered moderate to potent inhibitors of CYP450 2D6. This rate was 2.2 times higher than that for women taking tamoxifen without CYP450 2D6 inhibitors. In contrast, the breast cancer recurrence rate was 8.8% for 137 women using citalopram, escitalopram, or fluvoxamine, which was not statistically different than controls. An earlier, smaller study conducted by a group of Danish researchers also reported no reduction of tamoxifen effectiveness in association with citalopram or escitalopram use for up to five years. It is important to note that not all studies have found an association between CYP450 2D6 activity and tamoxifen clinical effects. In fact, a couple of studies even reported decreased risk of recurrence in patients treated with tamoxifen who have a common genetic variant of CYP450 2D6. Investigators suggest that the discrepancies may be due to differences in study designs, including sample size, different genetic models for the assessment of phenotypes, and stratification effects.

MANAGEMENT: Based on available data, patients treated with tamoxifen should avoid the chronic use of potent CYP450 2D6 inhibitors such as fluoxetine, paroxetine, and quinidine whenever possible, and preferably also moderate inhibitors such as bupropion, duloxetine, and sertraline. If an antidepressant is required during treatment with tamoxifen, agents such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluvoxamine, mirtazapine, and venlafaxine may be considered, since they have mild to no effects on CYP450 2D6. Alternatively, aromatase inhibitors such as anastrozole, exemestane, and letrozole may be appropriate substitutes for tamoxifen in certain patients.

I also use Clomid.

From Drugs.com

tamoxifen ↔ sertraline

Applies to:tamoxifen and Zoloft (sertraline)

GENERALLY AVOID: Chronic coadministration of potent or moderate CYP450 2D6 inhibitors including certain antidepressants may reduce the effectiveness of tamoxifen. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of tamoxifen bioactivation via CYP450 2D6 to endoxifen (4-hydroxy-N-desmethyltamoxifen), the active metabolite that may be responsible for much of tamoxifen's antiestrogenic activity. This is consistent with studies that reported poorer clinical outcome (e.g., increased breast cancer recurrence; shorter relapse-free periods; lower rates of event-free survival) and decreased incidence/severity of hot flashes in patients treated with tamoxifen who have genetic polymorphisms of CYP450 2D6 resulting in reduced or absent enzyme activity. A similar relationship has been observed between endoxifen exposure and alterations in CYP450 2D6 metabolic status, whether due to CYP450 2D6 genetic variants or use of CYP450 2D6 inhibitors such as quinidine or SSRI antidepressants. In a study of 12 patients receiving tamoxifen adjuvant therapy, mean plasma concentrations of endoxifen decreased by more than 50% after four weeks of paroxetine 10 mg/day for hot flashes, and the effect was evident primarily in patients who carried the wild-type genotype for CYP450 2D6 (i.e., extensive metabolizers). In vitro, quinidine reduced the conversion to endoxifen by 79%. Potential clinical implications of this interaction were reported in a retrospective analysis of nearly 1,300 female breast cancer patients who were newly prescribed tamoxifen between 2003 and 2005 and were monitored for at least two years (mean 2.7 years). Women who used a moderate to potent CYP450 2D6 inhibitor (n=353) during tamoxifen therapy had a two-year breast cancer recurrence rate of 13.9%, compared to 7.5% for those not taking any CYP450 2D6 inhibitors (n=945). The average duration of concomitant tamoxifen and CYP450 2D6 inhibitor use was 340 days. In a subset analysis of patients taking tamoxifen with SSRI antidepressants, a breast cancer recurrence rate of 16% was reported for 213 women who used fluoxetine, paroxetine, or sertraline--SSRIs that are considered moderate to potent inhibitors of CYP450 2D6. This rate was 2.2 times higher than that for women taking tamoxifen without CYP450 2D6 inhibitors. In contrast, the breast cancer recurrence rate was 8.8% for 137 women using citalopram, escitalopram, or fluvoxamine, which was not statistically different than controls. An earlier, smaller study conducted by a group of Danish researchers also reported no reduction of tamoxifen effectiveness in association with citalopram or escitalopram use for up to five years. It is important to note that not all studies have found an association between CYP450 2D6 activity and tamoxifen clinical effects. In fact, a couple of studies even reported decreased risk of recurrence in patients treated with tamoxifen who have a common genetic variant of CYP450 2D6. Investigators suggest that the discrepancies may be due to differences in study designs, including sample size, different genetic models for the assessment of phenotypes, and stratification effects.

MANAGEMENT: Based on available data, patients treated with tamoxifen should avoid the chronic use of potent CYP450 2D6 inhibitors such as fluoxetine, paroxetine, and quinidine whenever possible, and preferably also moderate inhibitors such as bupropion, duloxetine, and sertraline. If an antidepressant is required during treatment with tamoxifen, agents such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluvoxamine, mirtazapine, and venlafaxine may be considered, since they have mild to no effects on CYP450 2D6. Alternatively, aromatase inhibitors such as anastrozole, exemestane, and letrozole may be appropriate substitutes for tamoxifen in certain patients.

Very good find, thank you for this info. So I will just make sure and use clomid on all my pct.

Side effects thus far, 75% through my work out, I got high as hell, and according to a really good gym buddy, he had trouble busting a nut. I sure hope to god, this doesn't happen to me. I will pissed like a sumofabish.

I could not sleep last night. I will have to start using a sleep aid. I was wired all night :(

Back