• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus

IML Gear Cream!
Most religious folks make up their own version of their religion to fit their needs.

The smarter ones aren't so judgmental. A lot of the founding fathers said that a man's religion is between only him and God. Of course there's also the woman at the well story where Jesus also talks about not judging people. I'm not so much concerned about my eternal soul but I do think it's beneficial to not be so emotionally affected by who other people are.

The smarter ones aren't so judgmental. A lot of the founding fathers said that a man's religion is between only him and God. Of course there's also the woman at the well story where Jesus also talks about not judging people. I'm not so much concerned about my eternal soul but I do think it's beneficial to not be so emotionally affected by who other people are.

Luckily, I'm not bound by Jesus' order to not judge and to always forgive. Some crimes are not forgivable and some folks deserve judgement. Child molesters are a great example.

And that brings us to the essence of why christianity is so popular ( aside from Paul and Constantine, historical figures whose actions provided the tipping point so that christianity did not fall into obscurity like so many groupie followings of messianic figures) , it is really the only religion that provides salvation through doctrine and faith. Actions are not required, even judaism and islam requires heavy elements of actions, rituals, obeiance of laws etc. Buddism even more so, where mankind has to save itself without the help of a supernatural figure. It's very very mesmorizing to know , in the end , you can be a son of a bitch but if you believe and ask for forgiveness you can be saved..... very very intoxicatng.

my father in law was an abusive alcoholic to the end, beat the crap out his sons, verbally abused his wife, but in the end he asked for forgiveness from his preacher and he is now saved.........I won't of course correct my husband's belief...

Works will not get you into heaven, The only action "one" has to do is accept Christ, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Jesus Christ, God) changes you. No human can "DO" anything or be good enough to get into heaven. So Praying a certian way or being as good as Ghandi will not do it. Christianity is not about earning your way into heaven because all fall short of God's perfection.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

Christiananity is about accepting Christ. No other god was crusified, buried and resurected. Only Jesus Christ, Son of God has done that. Christianity is about what Jesus did for all mankind. Died for our sins.

there is only one road to heaven.
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go by it. because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it Mathew 7: 13,14

There has to NO exception to God's word, So it may seem unfair, that God could allow a child molester or rapest or even Hitler into heaven.

IF they truly accept and repent. it is hard for unbelieves to understand this. But God is just. God's word does not change. Even when you hated God He still loves you.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confess is made unto salvation Romans 10 : 9,10

I have always found it to be funny how convincing rhyming words with two different meanings is somehow awe inspiring. It means nothing just because they rhyme.

Its just clever.

God is so just...

Except that time he killed that baby. Or, when he ordered entire villages to be slaughtered except for the virgins, who were to be raped. This is only fair, since the villagers were worshipping another god.

The whole thread is about the difference between organized religion (man made rules and traditions, works, being good enough, etc.
Religion is man made.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the Bible are MY final Authority.
I Praise the Lord I am able to speak my mind and worship Whom I want to. For now I have the freedom. I am entitled to my beliefs, and You are entitled to believe on not believe in your god or god's or no god.

Luckily, I'm not bound by Jesus' order to not judge and to always forgive. Some crimes are not forgivable and some folks deserve judgement. Child molesters are a great example.

I don't mean forgive them. I was talking about how some people can stand the thought of being around someone who they think is a sinner, stupid, etc. It's like the Bill Maher thread; I criticized him and everyone shit a brick and came at me. I just don't think it's beneficial to be so easily offended.

My sexist example is women in the workplace(or at least some of the places I've worked). If a new girl comes in that they don't like for whatever reason, it's fucking on. They'll try and drive her out. I'll hear shit like "I can't believe she moved across the country with her boyfriend and they ain't even married, and she's gonna tell me about how great her man is, when she said last week he went and blew all their money in Vegas. Little miss know it all acting like she already knows more than everyone and won't listen to anyone...etc".
Of course by this time I've spaced out and am thinking about food. Having some emotional maturity spares you from a lot of wasted energy, let's you focus on important things and helps you view situations from a more rational or objective perspective.

Having not already seen Pulp Fiction is a sin in itself.

Hey, hey, hey, I've seen it plenty of times. All I saw was a YouTube screen w no link.

IML Gear Cream!
I don't mean forgive them. I was talking about how some people can stand the thought of being around someone who they think is a sinner, stupid, etc. It's like the Bill Maher thread; I criticized him and everyone shit a brick and came at me. I just don't think it's beneficial to be so easily offended.

My sexist example is women in the workplace(or at least some of the places I've worked). If a new girl comes in that they don't like for whatever reason, it's fucking on. They'll try and drive her out. I'll hear shit like "I can't believe she moved across the country with her boyfriend and they ain't even married, and she's gonna tell me about how great her man is, when she said last week he went and blew all their money in Vegas. Little miss know it all acting like she already knows more than everyone and won't listen to anyone...etc".
Of course by this time I've spaced out and am thinking about food. Having some emotional maturity spares you from a lot of wasted energy, let's you focus on important things and helps you view situations from a more rational or objective perspective.

Gotcha. I wasted way too much energy debating evolution before I realized it was a waste of time.
I've seen women like that in the workplace too. It's like they work in packs and gang up on one particular girl.

God is so just...

Except that time he killed that baby. Or, when he ordered entire villages to be slaughtered except for the virgins, who were to be raped. This is only fair, since the villagers were worshipping another god.

You know it maybe true that those acts are evil but this doesn't work as an argument that god is evil because you're operating on different premises than most Christians. The argument is basically Euthyphro's dilemma. The problem for atheists is that Christians, if they are somewhat intelligent, realize that by the definition of what god supposedly is then Euthyphro's dilemma is answered. If god is real and the creator, perfect being, moral authority, etc then yes God is just no matter what he does. He is by definition perfect so whatever he does is perfect, moral, good, just etc. The premise(that god is real) may be totally false but it's valid reasoning.

That's one of the issues I have with what I call 'pop culture atheists'. This argument may appeal to the masses but from a logic standpoint is totally worthless.

You know it maybe true that those acts are evil but this doesn't work as an argument that god is evil because you're operating on different premises than most Christians. The argument is basically Euthyphro's dilemma. The problem for atheists is that Christians, if they are somewhat intelligent, realize that by the definition of what god supposedly is then Euthyphro's dilemma is answered. If god is real and the creator, perfect being, moral authority, etc then yes God is just no matter what he does. He is by definition perfect so whatever he does is perfect, moral, good, just etc. The premise(that god is real) may be totally false but it's valid reasoning.

That's one of the issues I have with what I call 'pop culture atheists'. This argument may appeal to the masses but from a logic standpoint is totally worthless.

Oh, I realize that they're completely convinced that those acts must've been justified if they were done by god. I'm not under the assumption that I may cause doubt in their faith, I'm merely making fun of them, nothing more.

But, one could argue that rape is an Ok act. If god ordered it, it must be good.

Last edited:
Back