• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mark Wahlberg Says He Could Have Prevented 9/11 Attacks

secdrl

Do Work
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mark Wahlberg says he could have prevented 9/11 hijacking

Updated: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 7:26 AM EST

Published : Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 2:31 PM EST(FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Mark Wahlberg is known for his roles in hard-hitting, action-packed movies, but his most recent claim that he could have single-handedly over-powered the terrorists on 9/11 has many wondering if the actor has gotten caught up in his movie persona.

In an interview with Men’s Journal , Wahlberg said “"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

Deena Burnett-Bailey whose husband Thomas Burnett was one of the heroes that rushed the cockpit on Flight 93 told TMZ that she thinks Wahlberg’s comment is “disrespectful” and downright “silly.”

"Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "
She added, “Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

Wahlberg has not returned calls to TMZ with a comment; however, his movie "Contraband" took the top slot at the weekend box office raking in $24 million, according to early figures

Read more: Mark Wahlberg says he could have prevented 9/11 hijacking

Fuck yea and matt damon is jason borne:coffee:

He could'nt rap, and he sucks as an actor!

Mark Wahlberg says he could have prevented 9/11 hijacking

Updated: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 7:26 AM EST

Published : Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 2:31 PM EST(FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Mark Wahlberg is known for his roles in hard-hitting, action-packed movies, but his most recent claim that he could have single-handedly over-powered the terrorists on 9/11 has many wondering if the actor has gotten caught up in his movie persona.

In an interview with Men’s Journal , Wahlberg said “"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

Deena Burnett-Bailey whose husband Thomas Burnett was one of the heroes that rushed the cockpit on Flight 93 told TMZ that she thinks Wahlberg’s comment is “disrespectful” and downright “silly.”

"Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "
She added, “Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

Wahlberg has not returned calls to TMZ with a comment; however, his movie "Contraband" took the top slot at the weekend box office raking in $24 million, according to early figures

Read more: Mark Wahlberg says he could have prevented 9/11 hijacking

I call BULLSHIT! What an asshole!

wheres Arnold when you need him. He would have killed all the terrorist without breaking a sweat, then said something cool like "GEAR DOOOWWWN"

What an out-of-touch, arrogant dumbsh*t.

Hollywood "star" giving an interview 10 years later and pontificating his role of "hero."

-25 cool points for Mark, now in the negative.

Oh cmon fuck that. I would say the exact same thing. I dont see a damn thing wrong saying it and I sure as shit wouldnt see a damn thing wrong saying it and acting it out.

Seriously, why the animosity? Am I missing something?

Oh cmon fuck that. I would say the exact same thing. I dont see a damn thing wrong saying it and I sure as shit wouldnt see a damn thing wrong saying it and acting it out.

Ditto.

Mark is 100% right on with his statement.

IML Gear Cream!

In a perfect world, no it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, the truth is nearly everyone who says they would do such and such never do. It is why armchair heroes are looked down upon so much. If he had saved a plane, he would have been a hero. But he didn't, so until he does he needs to stfu, because to me, he sounds like a tool.

I am going to drop back and punt on this one. I thought it was an asshole comment when I first read it. But I think he hates those animals as much as the rest of us do
He has since apologized(read below)
Mark Wahlberg appeared on a morning talk show on New York City???s WPLJ on Friday to once again try and set the record straight regarding the controversial remarks he made to Men???s Journal regarding the 9/11 attacks. The Contraband star told the magazine, ???If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn???t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, ???Okay, we???re going to land somewhere safely, don???t worry.?????? The outlandish statement immediately sparked an uproar, in which everyone collectively reacted, ???What?! No. Not you, Mark Wahlberg.???
On Wednesday the actor issued an apology about the controversial statement, telling People, ???To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive. It was certainly not my intention.??? According to the New York Post, during his time on the Scott and Todd morning show, Wahlberg reiterated, ???I was a little out of line with my wording and I didn???t take in to consideration how other people would respond to it or be affected by it.???.

Dude are you serious. This is a Hollywood action star that think's just because he does heroic stuff on pre-written film that he would do it in real life too. HUGE difference.

It's a huge slap in the face to people who were on that plane. He is looking back 10 years and sayin "I would have done this". It's a bitch move plane and simple. No pun intened.

We got to many armchair hero's now a day's.

Well, he did apologize. I think that people got upset about it because he implied that the people that were on the flight either didn't fight, or didn't fight hard enough. Which obviously that's not true. I like Mark Wahlberg, I'm glad he clarified his comments and apologized.

Well, he did apologize. I think that people got upset about it because he implied that the people that were on the flight either didn't fight, or didn't fight hard enough. Which obviously that's not true. I like Mark Wahlberg, I'm glad he clarified his comments and apologized.
5vQxV.gif

Hell yes Marky Mark would have kicked some ass!!!

i agree with what he said...that's why i'm totally for racial profiling...especially when i'm on an airplane...

I had to fly the month after 9/11 when things were still edgy. When getting on the plane the flight attendants walked up to every "big guy" on the plane and asked, "If something happens, can we count on you to be our muscle?" Of course we all said yes. Some poor twirpy fucker made the mistake of raising his voice to one of the flight attendants. Half the airplane stood up ready to kick his ass the guy who immediately shut up almost while peeing himself.

IML Gear Cream!
I had to fly the month after 9/11 when things were still edgy. When getting on the plane the flight attendants walked up to every "big guy" on the plane and asked, "If something happens, can we count on you to be our muscle?" Of course we all said yes. Some poor twirpy fucker made the mistake of raising his voice to one of the flight attendants. Half the airplane stood up ready to kick his ass the guy who immediately shut up almost while peeing himself.

Fuck the flight attendants, they are all cunts!

Nice.

yes Mark is speaking in 20/20 hindsight. means no disrespect to those who lost. he just said out loud how we all feel. no fringe group will do that shit again on our watch.

Poor way of saying he would do his damnedest to keep terrorist assholes from hijacking a plane...

This all happened pre-9/11 and hindsight is a valuable thing. Of course now we'd all fight the enemy without thinking twice if our plane happened to be hijacked because we'd have a clear understanding of our grim destiny.
Before 9/11, the hijackers could have controlled most passengers with the promise of ransom money being paid or other demands that could have been met meaning that all or many lives could have potentially been spared.

If this false promise was made clear by the hijackers it would be an extremely difficult decision to choose to act like Chuck Norris from the Delta-force and start kicking arse without fear of being responsible for the deaths of others.

The passengers didnt realise they were all on a suicide mission otherwise they would have done something about it.

This all happened pre-9/11 and hindsight is a valuable thing. Of course now we'd all fight the enemy without thinking twice if our plane happened to be hijacked because we'd have a clear understanding of our grim destiny.
Before 9/11, the hijackers could have controlled most passengers with the promise of ransom money being paid or other demands that could have been met meaning that all or many lives could have potentially been spared.

If this false promise was made clear by the hijackers it would be an extremely difficult decision to choose to act like Chuck Norris from the Delta-force and start kicking arse without fear of being responsible for the deaths of others.

The passengers didnt realise they were all on a suicide mission otherwise they would have done something about it.

The guys on the 4th plane that went down in Penn figured it out after they heard about the WTC being hit...

In a perfect world, no it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, the truth is nearly everyone who says they would do such and such never do. It is why armchair heroes are looked down upon so much. If he had saved a plane, he would have been a hero. But he didn't, so until he does he needs to stfu, because to me, he sounds like a tool.

Right on and my take exactly! And what if he did get the plane? He wouldn't of had time to go through "pilot school" in -let's say- 10 minutes! wtf Marky?

I always feel safer on a flight when a 5'4'' 140lb male underwear model is on board.

Back