• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Flexibility and deadlifts.

Deity

The Perfect Life form.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay guys, so I have an issue with doing stiff leg deads, and I'd like to be able to get more hip flexability and lower back flexibility, I can keep my legs straight and my back arched up until my hands get about 8 inches from the ground then it starts bending, this is dangerous. It has also made it where I have to use more leg movement in my deads which seriously hinders my deads strength. I'd like to get some advice on how the hell I can get flexible enough to keep my back in perfect form while being able to touch the floor with my hands and keep my legs straight. What kind of stretches/exercises/etc should I do to attain more flexibility. Thanks.

I hear Steve Maxwell's Joint Mobility series is good -- not sure of specifics, though.

Flexibility is a big goal. Repetition is key to gaining flexibility fast; repeating your stretching exercises two or three times per stretching session allows your muscles to grow longer faster so that you can go from stiff to splits in no time.

check out Kelly starrett- supple leopard, a lot of great mobility/flexability movements applicable to all lifts.

This video is a great 20+ minute talk by 6-time Ironman World Champion Dave Scott on what it takes to succeed in terms of fitness level. You may have no desire to be a triathlete, but that is beside the point. His candor about what it takes to succeed and the vital importance and his unique take on nutrition are must reads for the layman sitting on the fence who wants to go the extra mile.

http://www.x2performance.com/webcast-dave-scott-20140412/

This video is a great 20+ minute talk by 6-time Ironman World Champion Dave Scott on what it takes to succeed in terms of fitness level. You may have no desire to be a triathlete, but that is beside the point. His candor about what it takes to succeed and the vital importance and his unique take on nutrition are must reads for the layman sitting on the fence who wants to go the extra mile.

http://www.x2performance.com/webcast-dave-scott-20140412/

Very nice video!

Much of what is required to achieve that much ROM is tremendous core stability. When the deep core is unable to neutralize a pelvic tilt the hamstrings engage. This feels like tightness but it's not necessarily.
A good test is to see if you can achieve this position sitting on the floor. Make sure to keep your back real straight and reach for your toes. If you can go further then when you are standing then it's likely to be a stability issue and not flexibility.
There is not much use for this kind of ROM depending on what you do. In fact, as you increase flexibility you often sacrifice stability. As weight lifters, we need solid stability with healthy and not excessive flexibility.
Strive for great movement patterns with his mobility. Mobility is having a healthy functional ROM with stability. Passive flexibility is not functional and useless in our world... IMO.

Back